Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by logdog
Originally Posted by SLM
Originally Posted by logdog
Why is alot of the post concerned with 30-06 recoil? When did humans become such pu$$ies that a 180gr bullet out of a 30-06 is just too much recoil. People has become weak, I shoot 208gr amax's almost exclusively in my sporter TC Venture 24" with no brake. If the 30-06 is too much then you probably squat to piss or to damn old to be shootin. Suck it up!!!
My little 130 lbs wife shoots my 30-06 with hot 178 Amax loads and doesn't say "oh it kicks too hard" people used to cut timber with cross cut saws and hunted with 30-06's with metal butt plates, they moved mountains with a pick and wheel barrel. Now were just fuggin weak, its pretty pathetic....

So I take it your still using a cross cut saw instead of a more efficient chain saw?
No I use a Stihl 660 and a Husky 395 but I'm not afraid of my 30-06 or my unbraked .300 Win mag, if you can't handle a 180 out of a 30-06 you definitely couldn't handle a Win mag shooting 208's. I have big guns and big saws, I suppose they make some people a little tougher than others. Cry babies that have no calluses are the ones who are "afraid" of all things a damn 30-06. Ask your wife if you can have your balls back...

You're either 5'3" or you're compensating for other inadequacies. A lot of us love the .30-06 but a lot of us are smart enough to realize many of the lesser cartridges kill deer just as well as the .30-06. And if you actually shoot more than 10 shots a year (didn't Stick say 1 box was a lifetime supply of .30-06? :D) its a lot more fun shooting these lesser cartridges.
5'10" 210 lbs, and I put a little over a 1000 rounds thru my '06 last summer. Never thought I would be accused of compensating for something, because I shoot a 30-06.