So I am wanting to get a new semiauto 12 ga for clays, dove, and general all around hunting. I started my search looking at the Remington 1187 and the Mossberg 930. Then I thought why not throw in a little more cheddar and pick up a Beretta a300 Outlander. So I got the wife to hang around Gander Mountain one evening while I shouldered a bunch of shotguns. At once point I picked up a Benelli Montfeltro and remarked on how well it shouldered and felt. My wife then says if you looking at the Beretta why not spend a bit more and get the Benelli (what an amazing and horrible thing to say). So after fondling a dozen guns I had ruled out the Remmy's and Mossy's and was pretty set on the Beretta then she give the green light for a Benelli.

So after hours of reading reviews, discussions, and blogs I really can't find where the Benelli really has an advantage over the Beretta.

They both have pros and cons.
Beretta: Lighter recoil (gas system), not to light so it swings good for clays, awesome reputation, shoots light target loads to heavy 3" mags, good looking oil rubbed wood stock

Benelli: Cleaner inertia system, lighter weight for hunting, easier to clean, awesome reputation, shoots everything from light target loads to heavy 3" mags, good looking wood finish with good grain

So what am I gaining with spending a few hundred more on a Benelli over a Beretta? Or am I just buying the Benelli name?

[Linked Image]

Whatever a 7x57 can do a 270 can do better.

True fair chase is you in the woods buttnaked with nothing but your finger nails and teeth.

If you'e fixin' to put a hole in something, make it a hole to remember.