I love archery hunting for Antelope for the experiences you just mentioned. There were many times I have said "if only I had a rifle". I made a antelope decoy out of luan and spray paint using a paper deer target outline with hand drawn antlers. It worked well, as the antelope did not become too alarmed with the movement behind it. From what I understand the decoy has to be timed right (in the rut) to get a charge from the herd buck. There have been times when busted I would put the bow on top of my head and walk right at them, and while I got closer, never close enough to shoot. I have also run whole hog around a hill to out flank antelope and run over a small rise into a group of antelope all with in 20 yards but was breathing so hard I could not even pull an arrow before they took off (they sure looked confused when I came over that hill). You can try flagging, doing the "cow shuffle", or predicting their movement and beating them there. Fences always will make them do funny things, so plan to use them also. I think the important thing is your daughter is hooked on real live hunting, not stand shooting. What you are doing is great exercise too. For fun I have attached a pic of our experimental decoy we made for WY last year (my friends made it, I humored them).

Attached Images
989485-Cow2email.jpg (0 Bytes, 35 downloads)

NRA Life Member