These old motteled 26" SS barrels make a noise like a bank vault shutting when you chamber a round, You also know if you do not kill the house fly at 100 yards its your fault not the gun once you get em dialed in! Dog darn sure build confidence, I really worked with my swift when I got it as I had been looking for years for one, I was a little disappointed at first till I found pet factory ammo, I worked with it several nice cool days in a row and learned what the bench guys have known for years, a few degrees in temp and or humidity can have you shading a tad high or low, a clean barrel may take a few shots to foul and 'settle in' heck how tight you hold it makes a difference.
This is one gun that I learned that a target knob on the elevation is nice! I like to set windage dead calm and never fool with it again if its a good scope, I had rather 'hold' wind .
To build a tack driver like a lot of these old gals will shoot will have you digging deep in the coffee can!
This afternoon Im going to work with one I can afford to shoot,a sporter varmint in 223 rem that Ive had the barrel shortened on from 26" to 23",I bought several thousand rounds of Federal 50 gr HPs, that was some kind of Govt over run or maybe seconds, Lake City and military crimp, several years ago they popped up at Wally World in 200 round Fed boxes, inside were white box 20 round boxes. 36cent a round out the door, my gun shot them well and I wish I had bought 50K rounds but I did end up with 10K. Darn great crow and coyote medicine! easy to sell the once fired brass for 25 cent at hull. I will take some photos after I get her dialed in. very best winpoor