Originally Posted by roninflag
my brother and i each have a 6ppc repeater. and my brother had a 22 ppc repeater. the heavy barrel single shot had has been on each of our radar. nice rifles. you ought to shoot it before you sell it. i believe you would call the action an a1 not . i am not where i can check mine. look on the action. it looks well cared for. no dies, brass or bullet?

I couldn't find anything online or on the rifle that leads me to call it an A1. I'm not enough of a Sakophile to know the difference. The model as listed on the roll stamp is Model PPC. There are dies and brass. Nothing fancy on the dies: a Lee collet die set, and an RCBS FL die set. There may be another neck sizer around besides the Lee. There are 2X100 boxes Norma never-fired brass primed with Rem 7.5. 40 Sako in 2 Sako boxes that are once-fired. And 39 22 PPC brass opened to 6mm, some fired and some still loaded. He used to have 20 or so boxes of the Sako 6PPC brass. I don't know what happened to them. Hopefully he sold them for a small fortune!

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.