Originally Posted by ruraldoc
We have a state trooper in the family. Every year he gets sent to two big public sin fests to keep the peace.

One is a biker rally,his instructions are to strictly enforce the law and arrest as many people as necessary to do just that. Basically show no mercy,cut no slack.

The other is a big party for black youth,it's called "The Foot Washin". He is told to make arrests only if things get violent. Look the other way with drugs,prostitution,and any other vice or petty crime.

It's clearly a double standard,the groups should get the same treatment.

That is a double standard but in both situations you have to use a little common sense. Anyone with half a brain knows that black youth shindigs and biker rallies are going to draw the cops for obvious reasons. They may or may not let some stuff go but they are not going to sit there and do nothing if any of your fellow revelers start shooting at them or otherwise cause them to fear for their safety.....and rightly so. They are going to shoot back and you might just catch a stray.

For example, like most people here I like guns. I can find a better place and better people to talk guns with than folks at the local Neo Nazi group or the Klan rally.....even though both of those groups probably share my interest in guns.

I guess what I am trying to say is I really don't understand why all these middle aged bike lovers want to attend these biker shindigs where they KNOW there is going to be a criminal element present....and then bitch at the cops when they have to quell a riot and they wind up on the wrong side of things. Wrong place, wrong time potential is highly elevated.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn