I am a dedicated Lefty and I know what I like and why. My options are not nearly what they are for a right hander.

But my formerly welpy 15 yr old son, has turned into a freshman varsity letter winner in Wrestling and isn't a "kid" any longer. I am a rifle loony and set him up with a really great Remington Model 7 in .260 Remington. Came with two stocks and he is already dwarfing the B/C "Adult" stock.

He is a very good student of the rifle and has shot well since 7.

I am considering getting him one more rifle. And I would like it to be in 300 WSM. A 7mm Rem Mag would also be another consideration.

But a "Do-All" type knock around rifle for him to carry on into his late teens and early adulthood. I have extensive loading tools and data for the 300 WSM, and really like the cartridge.

The Winchester 70 Classic Stainless is MY grail of sorts, but they never offered them to lefties in stainless/synthetic. They pop up at times on here and GB. I like the safety, the CRF, and the 3.0" mag length. I am not sure how they shoot in General.

Remington has offered various models of the 700 chambered in 300 WSM also. I've heard little, to nothing about anyone shooting them(specifically chambered in 300 WSM that is).

Wondering what the magazine lengths are held to(I assume it's 2.80 or even shorted, as the SA is pretty short). Wonder how the feeding is with any of the WSM cases? Any accuracy issues? I have a few 700s myself and realize there are many many more aftermarket parts and upgrades to the 700. But I am just not sure it's the right action for a Short Mag?

Any users of either?

My 70s have been hit or miss for accuracy. 700s usually shoot pretty damn good regardless. Couple spots of glass on the lug and you're G2G. I did a Wyatt's mag box on one of my LA lefties and had the ADL screw tab milled out. It was a 7mag to 300 Ultra conversion. It still does not feed well and I am hesitant to do another Wyatt's box swap to allow 3.0".

Please God, give me some good tags this year....