I've had one for about four months now. Mine is the adjustable rear sight version. The grips are okay, but I didn't like them for magnum-level loads. I always thought that the original GP100 grips were close to perfect, so I put a pair on the new gun.

It's a real good platform size for a holster gun that will actually have a number of magnum loads put through it without being overly-large. I don't care about flat-sided barrels or the billboard lettering one way or another. The barrel has a heavy-enough profile without a full-lug (which I dislike in a .357 revolver, and is why I sold my Python and have for the most part avoided S&W 586/686/681 etc).

The double-action is very good; different from a S&W or Colt. As far as pull weight and smoothness, it's close to guns I've tried from the Performance Center or S&W Custom Shop. Single action is nothing special. I haven't done any work on the trigger, changed springs, etc. The more I use it, the more I like it.

Like some other Ruger designs, the front sight is a good idea poorly executed. The idea of a dovetail sight is okay, but I think it would have been better, and probably just as economical to manufacture, if the sight used a readily-changeable format as found on Redhawks and some S&W revolvers. This would be desireable because as Hickock45 mentions in his review, the fiber-optic front sight is a big blob; far too big for precision work and bigger than needed for fast work.

I probably have more .357 revolvers than I need, but I'm looking forward to doing some more shooting with this Ruger.

Last edited by Mesabi; 05/28/15.