Originally Posted by cv540
"I pity the fool." Sorry, couldn't resist...mention Mini 14 and it just pops out.

Have used M4s and Minis extensively and I prefer the Mini platform. Lots of Mini bashers here, but I guess I look at any semi-auto platform as a means to deliver aimed fire with quick follow-up shots with a minimum of body movement, with the caveat that either a AR or Mini platform will have a marginal trigger, and less than exceptional accuracy.

If I want exceptional accuracy a bolt gun will deliver.

Well the AR can easily fix all the Mini's faults. And almost any AR will be MOA with right ammo, somethign that isn't even close for most all mini's.

RE accuracy, you might want to check the AR forum here, thread on 10 shot groups... the best average for TWO, TEN shot groups is under half an inch IIRC.... and IIRC, half the shooters are at MOA or under, thats for LARGE groups... not 3 or 5 shot groups... amazing really...

My best ever test group with an AR was just over an inch. 5 shots. 600 yards off the bench, with a carry handle scope mount and scope testing ammo...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....