Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by 340mag
theres about 16 solid and consistent long term members and an additional 6-10 guys that seem to come and go, as members in my elk hunt club.
two of the most popular cartridges in my hunting club are the 358 win (mostly in browning BLRs) and the 35 whelen in remington 7600 and several bolt actions) by far the 250 grain speer
the 358 win in the blr pushes that 250 grain speer bullet to about 2300fps
the whelen pushes that 250 grain speer bullet to about 2500fps

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

either and both have an enviable record of a long list of very dead elk and mule deer, so much in fact that several of each rifle in those calibers have been purchased due too the consistent successful results.
I purchased both my 7600 remington and my browning BLR after years of watching both convincingly fill tags.
those two are almost the standard most of the guys use to judge other rifles.

NICE TRY, but you might want to check your pics account regarding that 7600 35Whelen, because it's not a 7600, it's a 760 Carbine in .308 that I restocked. It belongs to me and my grandfather before me.

Here's the same pic you have of MY rifle and another closer pic of the same rifle. The second pic clearly shows the 760 stamped on the side of the receiver. crazy

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Just out of curiosity but by "restocked" you mean you bolted factory wood onto it? I don't know who's rifle it is and don't care just thought it odd.