Ya know, after contemplating all the council that some of my fellow forum members have extended here, I have decided I need to amend my ways....

At the top of the list, I have Rauncho Bozo to thank... I mean, changing valve cover gaskets every 50,000 miles and doing all of this preventative maintenance for all of these years.... What was I thinking...

I mean, as someone pointed out, who has the time?

Like every 2 1/2 or 3 years I burn up at least 20 minutes or so changing those valve cover gaskets. That's 20 minutes I would never get back.

And then someone mentioned the Expense....

That Valve Cover gasket costs at least $12 on the 4 Cylinder engines, and like $20 on the V 6 Engines...I mean, that's a lot of money every 2 or 3 years!!

Who in the hell needs to get 350,000 to 400,000 Plus miles out of an engine and vehicle anyway????

And then Rauncho is right, who cares about leaking valve gaskets... certainly no one he knows... and we know all the high quality people a guy of his personality probably works with.

I mean if you have leaking valve gaskets, that helps you get the maximum return on your investment for your engine oil. It will allow you to be able to know when it is time to change it, when your oil light comes on. Its at that point that you know that you have gotten the full life value of that engine oil. Think of the resources that saves our nation.

Preventive maintenance is a really stupid Idea. Think of all the truck fleets, auto fleets and commercial organizations that do so. And as we all know, the Corporate World is ALWAYS wrong... at least to the all knowing liberals and Democrats.. so it must be true.

And to think of all the preventative maintenance we did in the military on equipment. what a waste of tax payers dollars. And all the maintenance I did on medical equipment continually in the hospital... Think of all the money we could have saved the tax payers, by not using septic techniques in wound care, in the OR, time wasted sterilizing everything.

Yes, I need to thank Rauncho Bozo and the above forum members for pointing out the errors of my ways... I stand totally in awe of their wise council.

Is this a great web site or not?

Thank very much gentlemen.. I have been saved...and I owe it all to YOU!!!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez