Damn your GOOD !!!! Go Dave.

GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Thanks.

OK, I can't take it any more, this foot pain is just too much.

I have to do something about this, and I dont think its going to be easy. Even if I had the perfect boots right now I think its going to take a while for my feet to get better.

Son of a... Miserable.

Something clever here.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
These come modular.

Or check out barn stall mats.

[Linked Image]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I feel for you, Dave. I used to work long shifts in a printing plant where you didn't get a break until the press went down and then your other duties were attended to.

I'd get bruises on the bottoms of my heels and toes from 12 hour days on concrete. It got so bad that I'd get to work early and raid the first aid kit and wrap tape around each toe individually.

I really hope you can find a solution you can work with that gives you some relief.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I do appreciate the mat suggestions and I do agree they are the best way to go. I was a manufacturing supervisor and I purchased plenty of those mats for various work stations.

The problem is I'm all over in my shop and the mats just wont work for what I do. I use too much roller stuff, stools, creepers, dollies, jacks, body carts, rotisserie etc. All on wheels, plus I weld in most of the shop. My floor for the most part has to remain clean swept concrete to be functional.

I think it's going to have to be a footwear fix.

Something clever here.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I do appreciate the mat suggestions and I do agree they are the best way to go. I was a manufacturing supervisor and I purchased plenty of those mats for various work stations.

The problem is I'm all over in my shop and the mats just wont work for what I do. I use too much roller stuff, stools, creepers, dollies, jacks, body carts, rotisserie etc. All on wheels, plus I weld in most of the shop. My floor for the most part has to remain clean swept concrete to be functional.

I was thinking the same thing. More support and more cushion inside and on the bottom sounds like the answer.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Dave,

Sorry to hear about the foot problems -- you have to get this sorted out or it can get so bad you can't work. That would be a huge shame for all of us living vicariously through your posts! smile

I buddy of mine had terrible problems caused by standing on concrete and, as in your situation, mats were not an option.

He went through a lot of boots (about 8 brands over half a year) before his physiotherapist recommended this model made by Irish Setter.

[Linked Image]

The footbeds are removable, so on his physiotherapist's recommendation he took them out and put in a thick pair of gel insoles.

Amazon has them HERE

Quite an ugly sole, but it sure looks like it would cushion things well!

Best of luck -- and don't be a hero on this, get it sorted out now.

John

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Thanks, I'm looking I to that along with an offering from redwing and danner in that exact style of boot.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A good pair of gel inserts can make a huge improvement. I sit at a desk all day, but when I'm in the field it's 12 hours on steel plate. Until I swapped out the inserts in my wolverine steel toes my feet would kill me after a couple days.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
That sucks about your feets man.

I've been wearing a pair of Keen steel toe for the last year. Then my left foot started to bother the heck out of me. So I went and bought a pair of Danner's composite toe. Not sure if they just have to be broke in or what but man my feet hurt at the end of the day. (They are not the cushy sole like pictured above however)

As other have said, you need to fix it right or it could end up being a long term problem no matter what boot you get. frown

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B3

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You are welcome, Dave.

I forgot to check the customer reviews, so I just followed my own link back to Amazon.

This boot gets very high ratings from people who bought it (4.5 / 5, from 179 reviews).

Perhaps Amazon has the other boots you are considering and you can compare customer satisfaction?

Even if I buy locally, I often visit Amazon to get more info from customer reviews, and to see how happy buyers are.

John

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by BuschPilot
Go barefoot Dave.

laugh

*Future conversation*

"Anybody know of a good car resto guy?"

"Chiit...ain't no one better en 'ol barefoot dave"

SNORK.... That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. grin

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Those panels look great!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Thanks, I'm looking I to that along with an offering from redwing and danner in that exact style of boot.

You've known for years I can't say enough good about Redwing's. The good American made one's.

Mine are the 2408 model, steel toe. I'm not sure if the non-safety toe is that model or now.

Mine are rated for all trades to include electric. You probably don't need that, so may get more of a soft sole. This is the first year in 5 on this set of boots where the sole is showing any wear.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by tzone; 06/12/15.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dave,
Sounds like you have plantar facitis (sp?) I had it for about a year and could not hardly walk when I climbed out of bed in the AM. Went a store called "good feet" and got fitted for some orthotics made for this issue and it is like I never had the problem. They are a little pricey but they work and all of the pain is gone. The cheaper route is to go to the Dr. Schols fitting machine in wally world and get some insoles although they are not nearly as good or pricey......YMMV

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had the same problem with my feet about a year ago on a job we were doing with concrete floors. Walking on the concrete all day long in work boots was killing my feet. After a rest (and different shoes) on weekends, I was okay for a day or two then it would start all over again.
Started having problems with my toes about then also, so trimmed my toenails quite a bit and it helped, but not all of the time. So, I went up 1/2 size in my boots and got some Danner GTX and the problem went away within a couple days. Here I had been wearing size 10D Danners for 40 years and suddenly I now need 10 1/2 EE. Haven't had a problem since.

I know it sounds pretty stupid, but I never even thought to check how my feet were cramped in my boots. Just a creature of habit, I guess.

I hope the Redwings work out for you. I've worked for several outfits that had accounts with Redwing and we got a discount on our boots so I would buy them to save a few bucks. They never worked for me. Either stretched out or fell apart within a few weeks and never fit my feet right after that. Over the years I've tried at least 6 pairs of Red Wings, but not one of them every felt right on my feet or lasted more than a few weeks. I have to admit I'm pretty tough on boots but my Danners work great and I get the type with the shock absorbing sole and my feet usually feet great, hunting or standing/working on concrete floors all day.

Hope you find a solution. It really sucks having pain in your feet when you work on them all day long.

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Thanks guys.

Tzone, I remember the good things you say about redwing. I am looking at risk swing 10875 and also danner "bull run moc toe" both with the soft white sole.

The redwings are more money. And I've had good luck with US made danners. Both of the boots I mentioned are US boots.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I will say this about the redwings. They have to be broken in and it takes a few days of wear to do so. And the non-USA ones are crap. I know Dave won't buy the chi-com boots.

I've never tried canner because I've never needed to but if I needed to switch brands, I'd look there first.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I find myself walking on the balls of my feet and way up on my toes, with my calf muscles carrying my weight, because my heels hurt so damn bad. But when I'm working on something I slowly roll my feet down, not realizing it until I'm on my heels again. What a dumb problem to have, I even catch myself standing on the outside edges of my feet with my ankle rolled out, anything to keep off the heels.

I'm afraid its to the point where the best boots in the world won't fix this overnight.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by tzone
I know Dave won't buy the chi-com boots.

Well, I did. Those wolverine wellingtons were chi-clompers. I'm afraid that's what got my feet in this mess.

Something clever here.

Page 23 of 43 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 42 43

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 62 invisible), 3,015 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,490
Posts18,471,914
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.