Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Smart? Gone.

Stupid? Not gone.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
As well planned as this seems to have been, the chances of them not having an escape method beyond the walls is ludicrous. They had to have a ride pre-arranged - or a safe house at least.

Long, LONG gone.

Don't know how accurate it is but I heard it said on the national news that they were supposed to have a ride. The woman accused of helping them admitted that the original plan was for her to meet them at some location with a car and leave with them. She said she changed her mind at the last minute and didn't show up because she got to thinking about how much it would hurt her husband. crazy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm guessing they are hiding behind the prison kitchen dumpster, waiting for things to cool off.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They rode a barrel up Niagara falls then caught a tour bus to DC.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Maybe some company hired them. It is hard to get skilled labor now days.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
They rode a barrel up Niagara falls then caught a tour bus to DC.

ps
Do even stupid cops think they're still together...
let alone in the area?

They'll prolly live happily ever after in bolivia and new zealand.
I would.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
let alone in the area?

No, they think like you. Then, nine times out of ten, they find out they were hiding near the place they were last seen.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I believe the no-show driver was a part of the plan. I think someone showed up and they are long gone.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They may be. Shawshank Redemption was based on a true story.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
That's kinda rough country around there, but not that rough. Guys run hounds for bear and bobcats around there all the time. If trained bloodhounds can't find them then I'd guess they are long gone.

As an aside, our camp is less than 70 miles from the prison. I don't know if the area around the prison is like our county. but if it is, about half of the homes are seasonal, hunting/fishing or weekend camps. It could be weeks before someone reports a break in at a camp. By then they could have food, guns,and transportation out of the area (4 wheelers,boats maybe?)

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shawshank Redemption was a novella written by Stephen King.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
some homes are seasonal and at some people leave extra vehicles.special if a club owned property .Might not know anybody been their or their camp truck is gone.

My guess is long gone if there has been nothing in 7 days.Personally i think a prison employee they decides to help a prisoner escape should get life in prison plus be charged with any crime the prisoners commit.

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
let alone in the area?

No, they think like you. Then, nine times out of ten, they find out they were hiding near the place they were last seen.

Whether compliment or insult, I receive it.

smile

I just hope they're caught soon. 1 of 10 or 9, which ever they be.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 700LH

That's my point. Novels evolve from successful escapes. It's early yet.
_______

MELBOURNE, Fla. — It’s a case where real life seemed to parallel art — until the crucial last scene.

In Stephen King’s 1994 film “The Shawshank Redemption,” the last we saw of fugitive Andy Dufresne, he was enjoying life on the lam fixing up his fishing boat in Mexico.

But for real-life counterpart Frank Freshwaters, an actual Shawshank Prison escapee who spent the past 56 years on the run before being recaptured this week, there won’t likely be any tropical sunsets in his final act.

Freshwaters, who pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter charges stemming from a 1957 automobile accident, initially got probation. But he was sentenced in 1959 to serve up to 20 years at the Ohio State Reformatory, also known as Shawshank State Prison, after a parole violation.

Just as Dufresne, played by Tim Robbins, benefited from being a favorite of Shawshank’s warden and prison guards, Freshwaters was “quickly able to earn the trust of the prison officials,” according to Peter Elliott, the U.S. Marshal for the Northern District of Ohio, earning the Akron native a transfer to what’s called an “honor farm,” according to Elliott.

That’s when Freshwaters plotted his escape.

But unlike Dufresne, who spent nearly 20 years digging a tunnel with a worn down rock hammer, Freshwaters managed to escape after only seven months. The details of that escape have not been divulged.

For the next 56 years later, Freshwaters lived in various states, held various jobs and had various aliases, according to authorities.

Now 79, in a wheelchair and living under the alias William Harold Cox, Freshwaters was taken into custody Monday at his Melbourne, Fla., mobile home.

He is being held in the Brevard County Jail pending extradition back to Ohio, according to Major Tod Goodyear in Brevard County Sheriff’s Office.

Attempts to reach family members of Frank Freshwater in the Akron, Ohio, area — as well as those of William Harold Cox in Melbourne — were not successful.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tbear99
some homes are seasonal and at some people leave extra vehicles.special if a club owned property .Might not know anybody been their or their camp truck is gone.

My guess is long gone if there has been nothing in 7 days.Personally i think a prison employee they decides to help a prisoner escape should get life in prison plus be charged with any crime the prisoners commit.

They're not guilty of that crime.

Due process.
Equality under the law.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
let alone in the area?

The two who escaped off a work gang at an old cemetary a half mile from my house [which was the closest occupied house] hid on top of a ridge 1/4 mile from the cemetary and watched the cops search for them. Once the cops had searched an implement shed just across the highway, the two went and hid in it for three days. The cops never checked it again.

Then they hot wired the old pickup in the shed and drove to Fl.

They were stopped for some traffic violation and the cop ran the plates, then arrested them.

These were NOT the caliber of bad guy as the ones we're discussing now.

I mention it only because it supports what Pat said.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"but I have no prison break-out experience."

You had no rowing experience, either. grin grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Surveillance methods have improved so much since Desert Storm with eyes in the sky and infrared, I don't think they would have gone undetected for this long in the localized area.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH

That's my point. Novels evolve from successful escapes. It's early yet.
_______

MELBOURNE, Fla. — It’s a case where real life seemed to parallel art — until the crucial last scene.

In Stephen King’s 1994 film “The Shawshank Redemption,” the last we saw of fugitive Andy Dufresne, he was enjoying life on the lam fixing up his fishing boat in Mexico.

But for real-life counterpart Frank Freshwaters, an actual Shawshank Prison escapee who spent the past 56 years on the run before being recaptured this week, there won’t likely be any tropical sunsets in his final act.

Freshwaters, who pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter charges stemming from a 1957 automobile accident, initially got probation. But he was sentenced in 1959 to serve up to 20 years at the Ohio State Reformatory, also known as Shawshank State Prison, after a parole violation.

Just as Dufresne, played by Tim Robbins, benefited from being a favorite of Shawshank’s warden and prison guards, Freshwaters was “quickly able to earn the trust of the prison officials,” according to Peter Elliott, the U.S. Marshal for the Northern District of Ohio, earning the Akron native a transfer to what’s called an “honor farm,” according to Elliott.

That’s when Freshwaters plotted his escape.

But unlike Dufresne, who spent nearly 20 years digging a tunnel with a worn down rock hammer, Freshwaters managed to escape after only seven months. The details of that escape have not been divulged.

For the next 56 years later, Freshwaters lived in various states, held various jobs and had various aliases, according to authorities.

Now 79, in a wheelchair and living under the alias William Harold Cox, Freshwaters was taken into custody Monday at his Melbourne, Fla., mobile home.

He is being held in the Brevard County Jail pending extradition back to Ohio, according to Major Tod Goodyear in Brevard County Sheriff’s Office.

Attempts to reach family members of Frank Freshwater in the Akron, Ohio, area — as well as those of William Harold Cox in Melbourne — were not successful.

Right, nothing the same except the prison.
"Counterpart" is just a reporters report.
Nothing uncommon about written reports getting the story wrong.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
They have already met with Bam Bam and he already gave them a pardon. Their next stop is Hawaii to play a round of golf with him.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (06hunter59, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 63 invisible), 2,448 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,590
Posts18,492,128
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.