Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by gunner500
I'd vote for ANYONE on the Rep ballot.

As would I, but not so with the ENLIGHTENED Rand supporters.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

B
BFD Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Bristoe
,..if he got the GOP nomination?

It's interesting to me because many say that they wouldn't vote for Jeb Bush, Rubio or Paul Ryan.

Freedom is an illusion. Since man wrote the bible, man has been controlling man.

Lotta truth in that. For a lotta people here, what they want is control, not freedom (so long as they are part of the controlling class.

But now they have evidence of a 40,000 year old murder so it goes back far before the bible, much less agriculture.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Romney alienated several GOP constituencies with his words, actions and just for being Mitt Romney. If I knew that the GOP would hold both the House and the Senate with substantial majorities I would consider voting for O'Malley only. Gridlock is often times these days the best course of action in domestic politics. The reason I can't is those 70 and 80 year old members of the Supreme Court. And that makes me even more nervous about how the 2016 elections shake out. The Court is being packed with lock-step liberals and just one more will further polarize the country and begin to pit state against state.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
It is what it is.

The GOP field of candidates (and supposed candidates) are about the most unelectable bunch I've seen in a long time. I can't understand why some of them are even bothering to run. Even the GOP candidate with the potential to draw the most votes may not be able to win the general election.

But it seems to me that Rand Paul has the ability to draw more votes than any other candidate in the GOP cast of characters.

It's going to be a tough election for the GOP even with the support of the libertarian faction of the GOP.

Without it, the GOP will definitely lose.

Rand is the only candidate who can deliver the libertarian vote.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

Yup, those that don't vote against the dems may as well be in bed with em. sick

Trump Won!
IC B2

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B

The GOP is badly split. The libertarian element within the GOP considers the establishment Republicans to be every bit as odious as the Democrats,....and I can't say that I disagree with that perspective.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Gotta hold the line 'B'

Trump Won!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

The GOP is badly split. The libertarian element within the GOP considers the establishment Republicans to be every bit as odious as the Democrats,....and I can't say that I disagree with that perspective.

Which tells me how enlightened they are. Baby steps

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rand isn't an isolationist.

Okay.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B

Which tells me how enlightened they are. Baby steps

Well, the country has been pointed in the wrong direction through 2 Clinton administrations, 2 Bush administrations, and 2 Obama administrations. (at least)

If that doesn't enlighten someone, they're pretty much past hope.

Maybe the libertarian faction doesn't know what the answer is,...but even a damn fool ought to be able to see what the answer *ain't*.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My point in asking the question is to demonstrate that there's hardly any conservative group that wouldn't vote for Rand Paul in the general election. But the plain fact is, there's a significant percentage of voters, mostly the younger people, who absolutely will not vote for any establishment GOP candidate, but they will vote for Rand Paul.

If the GOP selects Rand Paul, it keeps all of the votes that any other candidate would get plus it gets to add those voters who won't vote for any other GOP candidate.

It's just arithmetic.

In the general election Rand will get everybody who is going to vote Republican regardless of who the GOP candidate is, he'll get the libertarian voters (who won't vote for any other GOP candidate) plus, he'll get a big chunk of the swing vote. (probably more than any other GOP candidate)

I'm not a huge fan of Rand Paul. He plays politics a bit more than I like. But in a general election setting, he can pull more votes than any other GOP candidate out there.

So,...do you want Rand,...or are you ready for 8 more years of Democrats?

Gimme Rand please.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't give a fig who the Republican candidate is, I'm going to vote for him to help prevent the utter disaster that the Hildabeast would inflict on our country.

If they nominate Idi Amin, Vlad the Impaler or Heinrich Himmler, that's who I'll vote for and be first in line when the polls open.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My point in asking the question is to demonstrate that there's hardly any conservative group that wouldn't vote for Rand Paul in the general election. But the plain fact is, there's a significant percentage of voters, mostly the younger people, who absolutely will not vote for any establishment GOP candidate, but they will vote for Rand Paul.

If the GOP selects Rand Paul, it keeps all of the votes that any other candidate would get plus it gets to add those voters who won't vote for any other GOP candidate.

It's just arithmetic.

In the general election Rand will get everybody who is going to vote Republican regardless of who the GOP candidate is, he'll get the libertarian voters (who won't vote for any other GOP candidate) plus, he'll get a big chunk of the swing vote. (probably more than any other GOP candidate)

I'm not a huge fan of Rand Paul. He plays politics a bit more than I like. But in a general election setting, he can pull more votes than any other GOP candidate out there.

So,...do you want Rand,...or are you ready for 8 more years of Democrats?
I think that's a legitimate point. I don't think Ben Carson has any chance at all, and Rand "should" have some appeal to the center and the Democrats that hate Hillary.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Rubio has been a Senator since 2009, Cruz since 2012, Rand since 2011

Walker is a 2 term governor, although his second term just started last year.

Rubio born '71, Cruz '70, Walker '67, Paul '63

Ben Carson has never held public office. I've reserved commenting on him because he seems popular but seriously - electing a man who has never held public office - not even dog catcher to the most political position in the world? A single term candidate has enough issues - I can't imagine a guy that has never legislated in his life.

Jeb Bush was Florida governor from 1999 to 2007 and you know his pedigree. As he said, the day he was born he met two presidents. He is 62 years old.

My point is that it doesn't really take much to understand why Bush is the old guard guy for the GOP. Not only does he have the most experience but he has the most connections and is a brand name that would have some level of respect globally (I have no idea whether that would be good or bad - its safe to say he won't be winning the nobel peace price on his foreign policy though).

From the GOP stand point, this is going to be an important election - because this really could be the last baby boomer era election. Of course all the big money backers in the GOP are boomers.

The concerns we had for Obama (and Palin) were they were novices in the political arena - Obama would have lost in a landslide (actually he never would have the nomination and would have been bounced early) if two things had not had happened - 1. The country tanked under Bush's watch - it tanked badly and the republican brand was toxic and 2. Hillary went war hawk early badly misreading the stomach the nation has for war (and I think some on here still do) while Obama went all in on being against the war when no other candidate would buck Bush and the 9/11 war campaign. It was a gamble that paid off big.

So to me the question is now - are conservative voters so fed up with the after effects of the Bush era that along with the failed politics of McCain and Romney they see Jeb! as retread of a losing formula to the White House. Clearly there is a significant % of GOP voters who refuse to see this and want the GOP equivalent of Clintons to represent them.

Or is there enough GOP tired of seeing the manufactured glossy candidate of GOP big government and are willing to accept a candidate that is rough around the edges, prone to make some rookie mistakes and is capable of redefining what conservative means (at least in terms of the last 2 decades)? Are there enough moderates that can't deal with rogue Obama to happily vote for a smaller government candidate (because they will not vote for Jeb! as an alternative)?

That is the election in 2016 to me.

Last edited by KFWA; 06/15/15.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I can't vote for Paul in the primary. If you think the world is on fire now, wait until he pulls ALL of our troops out of every foreign country.

However, if he wins the nomination, I'll have no other choice. I'm not staying home and I;m not voting for a Dem.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I would. In fact,I sure prefer him to the three you mentioned.
I'd have to say I'm in that camp also..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
I can't vote for Paul in the primary. If you think the world is on fire now, wait until he pulls ALL of our troops out of every foreign country.

However, if he wins the nomination, I'll have no other choice. I'm not staying home and I;m not voting for a Dem.

That about mirrors my position. Makes perfect sense to me....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm beginning to feel the same way about Pauls as most people felt about Obama. Please elect one and make them happy.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't know that all Bristoe's political analysis of Paul and his appeal to the center is right, but Rand is my first choice of candidates. Cruz is a distant second. I fail to see the point in voting for assclowns like Christie, Bush or even Scott Walker.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I would vote for Rand Paul. But I do not believe he could defeat Hillary if he was given the nomination.

As of right now, I don't see any candidate that can beat Hillary in 2016. The Republican party is an absolute mess and they're already out of time IMO.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (222Sako, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 204guy, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 54 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,775
Posts18,515,672
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.