Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Originally Posted by ingwe
My family gets just plain mad at me. I figure the cell phone is for MY convenience...not the rest of the worlds. I turn it on when I want to call somebody and turn it off when Im done. grin

My father is almost 99. He does the same chitt. I keep telling him to leave it on in case he has an emergency....heart attack, wrecks his car, whatever. It's good for emergencies.

Poobah, you ain't getting any younger man. You might want to start leaving it on.

He droves at 99?? Good for him!!! That is impressive.

Yes!!! It's really scarey to think about. The worst part is he's blind in his right eye and wears glasses so he can see out of the left. He doesn't drive too much. Only to his GIRL FRIEND'S house a couple of miles away. He's really hard headed and doesn't want to loose his freedom. Last fall he hit a deer on his way home. I asked him if it was a buck. He said he didn't, he never saw it. At first I hoped it wasn't a person, but he had a friend following him and confirmed it was a deer. He told me a light came on, on his dash and didn't know what it was. I looked at it and was the airbag fault light. If it had gone off, it would have killed him.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
And while Cabelas is asking us to disconnect, they are selling these...

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Mens-Data-Tip-Power-Stretchreg-Gloves/1611909.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dgloves%26x%3D10%26y%3D6%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=gloves

"The day I went to work everybody showed up to watch Johnny Luster work. Well, they had a wheelbarrow there, and said I was to push that thing around all day. I looked at it, then turned around and headed for the mountians..."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by byc
I had a Blackberry and when it broke he wound up in the Atlantic not to be replaced.

I have an iPad that is still brand new in the box. 2 years now. Will likely stay there or wind up with his buddy in the ocean.

Blue will receive their work computers before year end along with a nice letter of thanks for the memories.

I have this laptop and when it dies it will certainly join the Blackberry at which point you gents and lady will ask....where's byc?

That leaves me with a rugged flip phone that is darn near indestructable But when it dies.....well you know.

Oh I do have a TV and I like the Cabels's commercials that you speak of.

May your laptop last a hundred years.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Being an Outdoorsman, and specifically a charter Captain, I spend lot's of time on, around and in the water. While I've never lost my phone overboard, I've had friends do so, and always hasseled with a "dry bag" for my phone.

About 6 months ago, I went with a new phone that has smart phone capabilities, not that it's the main selling point, but because it's waterproof, shockproof, and has astonishing battery time!

It's the Kyocera "Brigadier", and while it is and Android phone, I have found it to deliver all I need from it while living in the outdoors. I particularly like the "Gorilla" glass screen....no need for a protective case, or screen cover! grin

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You mean checking trail cams under feeders from an iPad isn't being outside??

Oh, and don't forget to name the buck something cool.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Igot a flip phone about 4 years ago. It died, so I got a new one. I don't text and don't ever plan to text. I do use it to call folks now and then, if I HAVE to. I don't like phones much.
I got the wife a smart phone, and all she does is check the weather for me when driving, and play some silly-azz games. She does text from time to time, not enough to call it an addiction, yet.

They are a necessary evil, but that's the trick, they're necessary, and they're evil.
Hell, I went for about 15 years without any phone of any kind, and loved it. It sure does reduce stress levels.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a smart phone. I basically live at work during me work week. So it's handy for doing everything I'd need a computer for. And it's great for entertainment between shifts when I'm not sleeping.

But I do get irritated at people who can't seem to leave there phone alone. Especially when they're in a conversation with someone else.

It's a bit funny to be talking about this subject on-line though. Just sayin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is it akin to this?

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had a girlfriend back in 2000 and hadn't seen her a long time. I was in the area and set up a meet for dinner that she was VERY much looking forward to, as was I. In the first 20 mins we got interrupted three times by her texting "for work" at 7:30 at night.

Food was fair, beer was better - have no idea how she was doing, I just paid the bill and left.

Ingwe - get the big numbers, you might have to actually dial someone sometime.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My younger bro has gone back to a dial phone in protest crazy just ask Keith..

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've had friends call and I don't get back for several days, because I left my cell phone in the car. I go days without ever touching that thing or know where it is.

Just got back from doctors, watched a woman and her 2 children across from me, all three with their noses stuck in a cell phone. I don't get it.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They were probably chatting with people they'll never meet, arguing about schit that doesn't matter, and trying to find people who agree with every decision they've made to feel better about themselves.

Oh wait......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Lonny
The way I see it is some of these poor people are so connected they can't break free from work anymore.

My wife is one of them.

Her job is demanding and she gets text messages from co-workers at all hours of the day and weekends even though they only "work" Mon-Fri 8-5. She used to have to check work email occasionally when not at work, now the cell phone and texting have replaced that and people are made available 24-7. It's part of the gig now and expected by management. They have been suckered in and it is too late to stop.

I hope to hell my job never gets like that, and if it does, I'm done.

I had a job like that and I hated it. At one time, I had a walkie-talkie, pager, cell phone, 2 office phones, and a gaitronics (in house phone system), that I had to monitor. I stuck it out for 12 years, and then I quit!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FishinHank
[Linked Image]

That's a good one! And very very true!

Last edited by Oldman03; 06/20/15.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry but if you're working on more than 20,000 posts here, you ain't disconnected! I don't care if you have a flip or rotary phone, or send smoke signals. If anything you're hardwired.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
Sorry but if you're working on more than 20,000 posts here, you ain't disconnected! I don't care if you have a flip or rotary phone, or send smoke signals. If anything you're hardwired.

Bazinga!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

255 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 2500HD, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 160user, 31 invisible), 1,687 guests, and 1,058 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,630
Posts18,492,978
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.