Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Who'da thunk that the ER doc would stitch ya up, right thru the fingernail......tablesaw bit me, and I thought I was a perfeshional.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Don,

Sorry about the accident... but glad to see you are on the mend...

I am sure the local varmints appreciate the reprieve... whistle

Heal up quickly...

GB1

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 7mmMato
Damn Don dont you know you have to actually lose part of a finger to become a shop teacher. Or at least that is what I always thought as my shop teachers were always missing part of a finger.

Best shop tool mishap I ever saw was a big old boy in shop class thought he could keep the spindle sander from spinning. He latched onto it and said turn her on I can hold it. We did he didnt damn near threw him all the way across the shop. Our shop teacher who was missing part of his left pointer finger was not as amused as we were.

Speaking of shop teachers, back when I was in high school the wood shop teacher was giving a new class of 9th graders their introductory safety lecture to these new kids.

He was stressing how dangerous the table saw was, saying stuff like "Never do this..." and suddenly there was blood and fingers flying around.

By all accounts, the 9th graders' responses were about equally split between nearly passing out, and asking "What a safety demonstration -- looks real! How did he do that?!"

You guessed, it the teacher actually cut himself up pretty badly right in front of the class. Blood and fingers flying! He wrapped a shop rag around his hand and headed for the nurse.

After that, all the fingers on his one hand were the same nice even length. eek

I forget his last name, but his nickname among students was "Bob the Knob". Kids are cruel...

John

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jpb
[quote=7mmMato]Damn Don dont you know you have to actually lose part of a finger to become a shop teacher. Or at least that is what I always thought as my shop teachers were always missing part of a finger.

Best shop tool mishap I ever saw was a big old boy in shop class thought he could keep the spindle sander from spinning. He latched onto it and said turn her on I can hold it. We did he didnt damn near threw him all the way across the shop. Our shop teacher who was missing part of his left pointer finger was not as amused as we were. [/qusticking
Speaking of shop teachers, back when I was in high school the wood shop teacher was giving a new class of 9th graders their introductory safety lecture to these new kids.

He was stressing how dangerous the table saw was, saying stuff like "Never do this..." and suddenly there was blood and fingers flying around.

By all accounts, the 9th graders' responses were about equally split between nearly passing out, and asking "What a safety demonstration -- looks real! How did he do that?!"

You guessed, it the teacher actually cut himself up pretty badly right in front of the class. Blood and fingers flying! He wrapped a shop rag around his hand and headed for the nurse.

After that, all the fingers on his one hand were the same nice even length. eek

I forget his last name, but his nickname among students was "Bob the Knob". Kids are cruel...

John
i remember my ffa teacher walking into the room with a bone in his forearm sticking out after the saw kicked back on him, he was white as ghost.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Damn, Don.

Sorry that happened. Take care.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I learned to not wear gloves when using the table saw. Should have been common sense, but I did not think of that. The blade caught the cuff of the leather glove and snatched my thumb into the blade from the back side. Ruined a good pair of gloves too. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I hate buying gloves. It's cheaper to grow your own....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
done that, too....

[Linked Image]

if you look close, the little piece of skin from the exit, is still stuck to the point.

uhh, ok....

[Linked Image]

Please don't get Glock butt.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
That do look like it stung a little.

Mine went a bit deeper. smile

[Linked Image]

6-5-06 11:45am

DeWALT

Seems like just yesterday I was staring at my thumb on the ground between my feet thinking, "we're gonna be late for dinner".

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Mine went a bit deeper. smile

[Linked Image]

6-5-06 11:45am

DeWALT

Seems like just yesterday I was staring at my thumb on the ground between my feet thinking, "we're gonna be late for dinner".

Another case of overpenatration.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Don,

Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad they were able to save the digits. I wasn't so lucky.

[Linked Image]

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Been there, done that. Same finger as yours. It isn't fun, either.

Reminds me of the old song, "I fought the saw, and the saw won, I fought the saw and, the saw won".

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
the cost of modern medicine amazed me again.....

2 months wages for 15 minutes worth of stitches....

[Linked Image]

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Ya should have seen it before Obama got it reduced. ;-{>8

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X

[Linked Image]

Damn, thats gotta hurt almost as much as the finger! Here in Canada it would have cost me nothing. Of course, I probably would have had to wait in the ER overnight and have it lopped off at the knuckle with a rusty hatchet, but its free!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Yeah. I cried both times.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In college, after Dad sold his garage, I had a part time job in a custom door & window shop. One day the supervisor walked up to me and said, "I got a new machine for you to run. Follow me."

We walk over to a jointer, 'bout an 8 inch model, IIRC.

"You know Jesse, the warehouse foreman?"

Me: "yes"

"Notice he's missing two fingers?"

"uhhh, yessss?"

"this is where he lost them!"

So I got a lesson in using a pusher block, so if the blade grabbed the workpiece, my fingers wouldn't fall into the blade.

Never have had an urge to buy a jointer...

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Kenai, AK. Tablesaw on the 2nd story at a cabinet shop I worked in sliced off a 1/4" of oak and promptly sent it through the interior and exterior wall, where it remained lodged the entire time of my employ. Someone tried to slice off 1/4" trim between the blade and the fence. Good thing they weren't standing behind the saw.

On the walls were all the boards caught and flung in the tablesaw. The wall of shame. Nice place to work, unless you wanted to stay alive.

LOL
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

[Linked Image]

N
Precisely why I am thankful that in retirement my company will continue covering 80% of my family of five health care costs until Medicare calls when they will provide a supplement insurance. Those days are long gone...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Bet that hurt a little. Keep it clean and dry. Best wishes.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Kenai, AK. Tablesaw on the 2nd story at a cabinet shop I worked in sliced off a 1/4" of oak and promptly sent it through the interior and exterior wall, where it remained lodged the entire time of my employ. Someone tried to slice off 1/4" trim between the blade and the fence. Good thing they weren't standing behind the saw.

On the walls were all the boards caught and flung in the tablesaw. The wall of shame. Nice place to work, unless you wanted to stay alive.

What shop is that?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

332 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 219 Wasp, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 52 invisible), 2,387 guests, and 1,117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,647
Posts18,512,558
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.