Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I really don't know what you're talking about, so I surmise that makes two of us.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
You'd make a great progressive lieberal!

laffin'

One can 'always' count on being called a "liberal" here by certain members of the clique if one simply has a difference of opinion on a particular issue by certain self-professed freedom lovers, patriots, and 'Christians' here.

Ain't no different than RobJordan calling 4ager a '"hater" or a "liberal" simply because 4ager disagrees with him on a particular issue.

It's Way weak in both instances.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I really don't know what you're talking about, so I surmise that makes two of us.

Then you're not paying attention.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/10068630/Why_we%27ve_all_been_played_the_#Post10068630

And, this:

Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by 4ager
This. The empire is falling. It is nigh time to stop building pyramids for the pharaohs and to simply walk away from their yoke.

There comes a point where a man stops thinking in terms of "What is my country?" and starts thinking in tribal terms: "Who are my people?"

It'll be different for each man at first. Some will look no further than their blood family. Other's will look as far as their neighborhood or the county line.

But given time, he'll look a little further out to see who shares the same upbringing he had, the same religion, language and history, and he'll see pockets of his his people, his tribe, in other places.

Maybe those tribal pockets will gather together one day, like beads of water clumping together. Maybe the tribe will be big enough and strong enough, some day, some glacially-slow day, and manage to carve out a new country.

It's an organic thing, though. A man doesn't just wave a flag and expect everyone to suddenly come to the same recognition that he just had. He finds his tribe, and they find him. And then one day, his tribe has suddenly become something bigger than he imagined it was when he saw the news today.

Now, THINK!

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers

laffin'

One can 'always' count on being called a "liberal" here by certain members of the clique if one simply has a difference of opinion on a particular issue by certain self-professed freedom lovers, patriots, and 'Christians'.

Ain't no different than RobJordan calling 4ager a '"hater" simply because 4ager disagrees with him on a particular issue.

Actually, I haven't been called a "hater". I called BarryC a member of the "hate brigade" for his assertion that any "true christian" would lay down their life over the gay marriage issue.

Rob has erroneously called me a "liberal" (with or without $&*@(! type marks in front of it), along with several other factually inaccurate epithets.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

laffin'

One can 'always' count on being called a "liberal" here by certain members of the clique if one simply has a difference of opinion on a particular issue by certain self-professed freedom lovers, patriots, and 'Christians' here.

Ain't no different than RobJordan calling 4ager a '"hater" or a "liberal" simply because 4ager disagrees with him on a particular issue.

Not at all. You want to ban the Bible from kids getting a hold of it like it's something evil. The only ones I know of who want to ban those things that for centuries have been held to be sacred are progressives, because they are afraid of morality. It spoils their agenda. So how is that not what you are posting?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I haven't read those threads. I do have to do SOME work while at work, though these days there isn't much to do, thus my frequent forays into frivolity.

BUT, I don't need a moderator. We have one, and that's enough.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I haven't read those threads. I do have to do SOME work while at work, though these days there isn't much to do, thus my frequent forays into frivolity.

BUT, I don't need a moderator. We have one, and that's enough.

I'm not moderating. I'm asking you to pay attention and to think.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Some of y'all missed the point of my O P. ALL the things you've listed were bad for the country, but the mechanism for overcoming them wasn't broken.

The Southern states overcame Reconstruction, for instance.

But when the people plainly rejected character in favor of [a promised] prosperity, the mechanism for overcoming bad government decisions was destroyed.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good answers:

Lincoln - Absolutely. His imaginative reading of the Constitution put the nail in the coffin lid of state's rights and a limited federal government.

Women's suffrage: This undoubtedly changed the way elections go down. We would have a fiercer government if politicians weren't elected by touchy, feely, handsomeness, criteria. Are men's votes just as shallow? Perhaps. But an all male electorate would be consistently fiercer and less involved with frivolous, PC issues.

But I think WWII and Specifically Roosevelt had a lot to do with pushing us over the edge. The Greatest Generation lost their fear of big government after 'temporarily' loosening many of our safeguards for the sake of efficient mobilization. Roosevelt wrote the modern era playbook that brought 'machine politics' out of the corrupt northern cities into the federal sphere. He set the example for packing the court, defying Congress, etc.

And, once we let that genie out of the bottle, we have not been able to put him back. Perhaps the Greatest Generation could have put him back, but we were so afraid of The Bomb and needed a big daddy to keep us all safe, and they'd grown used to big daddy, it was comfortable.

More than the media will ever allow us to know, Roosevelt (and the bureaucracy Truman inherited) also slid us down a path of accommodating and facilitating World Communism, from not keeping Stalin in a box at the end of WWII, to slicing Chang Kai Sheck (sp?) off at the knees to pave the way for Mao, to turning his back on IndoChina so Ho Chi Minh could get his communist takeover going, to refusing to fight to win the Korean War.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not at all. You want to ban the Bible from kids getting a hold of it like it's something evil. The only ones I know of who want to ban those things that for centuries have been held to be sacred are progressives, because they are afraid of morality. It spoils their agenda. o how is that not what you are posting?

I don't think it, or any other religion belongs in our SCHOOLS in a spiritual context...period.

And 'you' equate THAT with "you want to ban the Bible..."...!

How predictable.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
antlers, I wasn't trying to get through just to RickyD. Hint.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
I think FDR started us down this slippy slope with his big government handouts..

LBJ really added fuel to the fire when he let the blacks riot all over the country instead of stopping it with force.. Also his pushing us into the Vietnam continued to divide our country.. He committed these acts to cover his hand in that worthless JFK's murder.. If the country was looking at the other events, the JFK deal would be swept under the rug..

500, I used to feel the same way you do about Abe. But I have changed my opinion of him for one reason.. Although he may have push us in to the Civil War, he had a plan for after the war.. He was going to ship all the blacks back to Africa.. We never hear about this plan, but from what I have read, it was true.. He knew and tried to avoid the trouble than he knew would happen if they remained here..

Molon Labe
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Not at all. You want to ban the Bible from kids getting a hold of it like it's something evil. The only ones I know of who want to ban those things that for centuries have been held to be sacred are progressives, because they are afraid of morality. It spoils their agenda. o how is that not what you are posting?

I don't think it, or any other religion belongs in our SCHOOLS in a spiritual context...period.

How predictable.

Yeah, when they mean the same thing, taking them as the same could be predicted. We agree.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by GunReader
Good answers:

Lincoln - Absolutely. His imaginative reading of the Constitution put the nail in the coffin lid of state's rights and a limited federal government.

Women's suffrage: This undoubtedly changed the way elections go down. We would have a fiercer government if politicians weren't elected by touchy, feely, handsomeness, criteria. Are men's votes just as shallow? Perhaps. But an all male electorate would be consistently fiercer and less involved with frivolous, PC issues.

But I think WWII and Specifically Roosevelt had a lot to do with pushing us over the edge. The Greatest Generation lost their fear of big government after 'temporarily' loosening many of our safeguards for the sake of efficient mobilization. Roosevelt wrote the modern era playbook that brought 'machine politics' out of the corrupt northern cities into the federal sphere. He set the example for packing the court, defying Congress, etc.

And, once we let that genie out of the bottle, we have not been able to put him back. Perhaps the Greatest Generation could have put him back, but we were so afraid of The Bomb and needed a big daddy to keep us all safe, and they'd grown used to big daddy, it was comfortable.

More than the media will ever allow us to know, Roosevelt (and the bureaucracy Truman inherited) also slid us down a path of accommodating and facilitating World Communism, from not keeping Stalin in a box at the end of WWII, to slicing Chang Kai Sheck (sp?) off at the knees to pave the way for Mao, to turning his back on IndoChina so Ho Chi Minh could get his communist takeover going, to refusing to fight to win the Korean War.

Not bad. I would agree with everything except the last paragraph.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

How predictable.

Yeah, when they mean the same thing, taking them as the same could be predicted.

You are a prime example of why I do not want 'your' version of self-professed 'Christianity' (or any other agenda) taught in our SCHOOLS. You say things based on what 'you' want them to be...instead of what they 'are'.

The decorative clothing of the Pharisees would fit you well.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Ok, I think I've got it: you don't want the Bible in schools but you don't want to ban it, and those are mutually exclusive concepts.

I'm a delusional person with a dangerous view of Christianity everything and shouldn't be allowed around kids.

Oh, and I look good in gaudy clothes from 2000 years ago.

Yeah, well, thanks for the discussion. grin

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
11/22/63 about 12:30 dallas time

My diploma is a DD214
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
At the end of the day, as long as we are paying taxes, we are funding the machine.

Stop paying taxes, stop the problem.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Nothing surprising here! The SCOTUS also upheld this...even though it was NOT RATIFIED:

http://www.14th-amendment.com/Misce...Ratified/14th_Amendment_Not_Ratified.pdf

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

176 members (450yukon, 375sunrise, 17CalFan, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 23 invisible), 1,893 guests, and 1,058 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,510
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.