Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I've got a 5.5" Bull Stainless. I often have a Holosight on it, too. They are fun to shoot.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have a blued MKII Government Model and I love it.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I really like my 22/45 version,

[Linked Image]

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Here are my two. They've accounted for three freebie coyotes. I love them. Can't imagine ever not having one!! It's definitely not the best tool for the job, and God forbid, but if the Schitt ever hit the fan I wouldn't feel helpless with either one of these!!!

[Linked Image]

"I used to be a tired hunting guide, now I'm just a re-tired hunting guide"

"No eternal reward will forgive us now, for wasting the dawn" JM

Jared
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
bought two 50 anniversary models and a friend finally talked me into selling one so i sold one i was using and kept unfired one turned out to be a mistake the one i let go was alot better shooter

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've owned this one since I bought it new in 1991.

[Linked Image]

The top of the receiver has been milled for 3/8" dovetail rings and the trigger has a both a creep and overtravel set screw installed. I used to shoot it quite a bit, even taking down the occasional hand tossed clay pigeon with it.

I'd really like to dump the big can on top and go with a Burris FFII or something very similar.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Wade, here you go--a stainless Mk 2;

[Linked Image]

i've always been an advocate of shorter barrels in handguns.

these rigs have many sterling qualities--and i remember the first ads i saw for them in the gun mags back in the early 1960's--they looked so "Luger-like", and--the name was even spelled nearly the same. as a kid back then, it sure confused me. i really like the Ruger system--easy to hit with out to 50 and 100 yards. though when it comes to close-up shooting, i really prefer the High Standards and Beretta Jaguars for speed shooting, as their triggers are much better, in my opinion.

was shooting plates with this rig the other day at 5 yards. for the perfection of "trigger and sight control" at high speed--i strive to keep all shots in the center circle, though for s.d. a somewhat larger cone of dispersion can be a much better thing.

the rig and a plate from that session;

[Linked Image]

if a guy shoots a lot--like i do--these days this can be the problem;

[Linked Image]

(for kicks, i've posted that photo once before).

hope some of you fellows post a few more pics of these Rugers--too good to pass up, and i'm sure many of you are sharpening skill-sets with these great old rigs...

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I find it ironic that so many people claim that they can't shoot a Glock because the grip angle is different from a 1911 yet the Ruger Mark series pistols are the most popular .22's and the grip angle is even more acute than the Glock's.
(I love long sentences)

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Shot my Mark II for the the first time in a couple years.. Great shooting liitle gun, I should shoot it more often..

Hi-Vel nice to see you back..

Molon Labe
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
wyocoyotehunter,

thank you--i have always enjoyed reading your very fine posts.

i'm betting that in months/years to come, you and your wife will be having more fun with that ruger mk2, as they are top notch rigs to sharpen skill-sets with.

five years ago, i replaced some of the internals in the rig you see pictured. so easy--and the parts from ruger came in a padded envelope...no fuss. a pleasure to just order--and fix. this is part of what makes these rugers so good...!

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

124 members (338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 22 invisible), 1,624 guests, and 934 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,286
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.