-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All I can offer are prayers of comfort, strength and healing for her and all the family.

Terrible news Sir.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Just remember God is in control, praying for a very favorable outcome.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
God bless you, your sister and the rest of your family. My sister was diagnosed with Stage 3 Ovarian Cancer in the summer of 2012. She went through the same ordeal your sister is facing.

After surgery and chemo, she had a period of remission that lasted nearly 3 years. The cancer has returned and she is now undergoing her second round of chemotherapy. She has impressed all of us with her courage and grace through this trial.

I hope your sister is able to recover from this awful disease and be with you for many years in the future. If she would like to talk to my sister, send me a PM.

Last edited by wildhobbybobby; 06/28/15.

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...
byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Thank YOU Gentlemen and Lady!

This time tomorrow will be a very big moment for our entire family. Docs originally found the cancer in fluid removed from the lungs, which is what set off the stage IV alarm bells. I pray that this is not wide-spread. However, the next 24 hours of time will tell all.

We all went to the family ranch for lunch today and she looked good but really scared. Frankly, I would be a basket case at this point. While my Mother cries easily -- today was the first time I've ever seen my Father cry. We remain with positive faith based thoughts and expectations but we're all paralyzed beyond anything encountered before.

Appreciate the continued 24HCF prayers. There are thousands sharing in this effort. My Mother told me today that her Facebook page was on fire. Not sure what that means but it seems to be working as there was no excess fluid needing to be removed from her lungs this past Friday.

Quite honestly, I didn't even know what ovaries were until all of this happened. What I have learned is that ovarian cancer is really bad. However, we've all agreed that we are going to beat this terrible evil!!

The worst part is the waiting...UGH!!

BTW her name is Rebecca Leigh and she's a real gem!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
David, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I believe in miracles, and hope the lord sees fit for one sent your way

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fight the good fight David. Be strong for your sister and her family. You're in our prayers.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by byc
Ovarian, which is just awful news. She's not even experienced half her life expectancy. She has 3 boys with the youngest being 12. According to the docs she will most likely not even see him graduate high school.

The next year will be hell for her and it all starts this Monday when they remove up to half of her insides. It would have all started this past Monday. However, being the altruistic Mother that she is surgery was delayed so she could live up to her promise of a beach week in celebration of her son's uber grades and National Honor Roll status. cool

Here's a 110 pound bundle of muscle who runs over 10 miles a day @ full speed and now sick beyond her own admission. She self-paid her full way through Clemson (Go Gamecocks!!) and received her Masters so she could devote her life to being an under-paid teacher. Bear tough she definitely is!! Just doesn't seem like she's deserving of this terrible fate. But then who is?

I've cried every night since we heard the news. I continuously beg God to take me instead but I know it doesn't work that way. Worst of all-- this is just killing my Mother. Her baby girl is very sick with a 22% expected survival rate. I saw my parents Saturday and both looked as though the life had been sucked right out of them. I suppose the hardest part for all of us is knowing this evil will always be there and take her when it wants to. I now REALLY know what folks mean when they say life is precious.

24HCF Friends I am just floored and cannot even see straight right now. I know I don't have to ask for prayers as that's a given, which lifts me above this terrible news for now. But damn! Just Damn! I hate cancer!!

Real men do cry, which I'm about to do again.

With You and God Bless!!

David Lee

Don't count her out , Doctor are not always right predicting how long it will take for a person to succumb to a disease or other injury. She may out live you and the Doctor .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I hope you beat the odds.

Lost a niece to brain cancer a year ago. She left a young child.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

David,
I am so very sorry to hear about your little sister. I just want you to know that there is always hope. Many people have lived, and do live several years with stage IV cancer. Your sister's overall fitness is in her favor. ...as is a good support system. More importantly is our hope for divine intervention. Another important factor is the treatments that are available.

My mom just passed away with stage IV cancer. ...Memorial Day. However, God healed my mom of stage IIIc cancer in 95. ..20 years ago. She lived to age 74. I am a cancer survivor as well. God carried me through surgeries and subsequent treatment. I've met many people across the U.S. that are late stage cancer survivors. Be of good courage. I am praying for your sister and family, and will continue to do so. ~ Sherri

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Damn, Dave. So sorry to read this tonight. Not much I can offer, but she has it. All the best to her, you, and the rest of the family.
22% is still a chance.

...and yes, grown men do cry.

Sean
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
prayer sent

Defend the Constitution
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter

David,

Hey, 22% is 22% and surely way better that nothing.

Karen (wife of 51 years) and I are relatively private people and few on the 24HCF know of her brain surgery two months ago.

Against incredibly horrible odds, Karen not only lived, but she has no detectable memory or functional brain defect.

I put that down to thousands and thousands of prayers from our Catholic parish and one heck of a fine brain surgeon ... plus an anesthesiologist who prays the Holy Rosary as he works.

Pray for a miracle, my friend, and it WILL HAPPEN.

Karen and I are surely praying for Rebecca.

Blessings,

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
byc: Im just stunned at this news and can only question why life seems so unfair at times.

I have the question,I don't have the answer. You are a praying man, find what solace you can in your faith....I have seen it do wonders for people.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can only offer my prayers, but you both have them.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I am very sorry.

Retired cat herder.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
byc.. I can hear your pain in your OP, but you gotta stay positive for your sister. A 22% 5-year survival rate is not an automatic death sentence, it means this thing is beatable.

She is gonna need all the positive support she can get. You and the rest of the fam owe that to her. Be strong. Sounds like she will definitely be.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm praying for all of you David.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Cancer sucks, no doubt about it. That said, some folks do beat it. My mother in law lost part of a lung to cancer surgery, she lived another 8 years before succumbing to something else at age 72. IIRC, she had a 5% chance to make it that long.

Peace, Strength, and God's Grace to you and yours.

Dale

Last edited by Dale K; 06/28/15.

This space for rent

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Heart breaking.

I've heard you beat cancer by not letting it rule your life, no matter how much time you may have, as we are all on the clock.

It sounds as though she has it beat already. Much love to you, your sis, and the family.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You and your family will be in my prayers!

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

218 members (12344mag, 280rem_cm, 35, 2UP, 44mc, 375TN, 20 invisible), 1,664 guests, and 1,032 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,485,967
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.