Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Guys and Ladies,

Thank YOU so much for the uplifting prayers, posts and PM's. I am simply overwhelmed by the generous support and offers of assistance. I received so many texts today that my phone crashed twice. And it's a rugged phone!! laugh

Today was a first step VICTORY against the evils of cancer. So combined with your positive and encouraging fight, fight, fight posts I have modified my approach to this whole consternation.

In short and as a team, we've decided to view the healing process as a baseball game with as many innings played required to win. 9 would be great!!

We successfully got through the first inning today with surgery that provided us with a "best case scenario having been dealt the hand that we were." Because she's so tiny, surgery only took about 90 minutes with minimal cutting and bleeding. And no cancer was detected in the colon, which we are so thankful for.

The Gyno Oncologist said Becky was in as great if not better shape than most women he had seen in his 21+ years of practice. He stated with a huge smile that this would contribute greatly to her healing. I guess it really does pay to take care of the body we are handed in this life.

So now we move onto the 2nd inning, which of course are the findings from the Pathologist. In the end, we are all playing for a harmonious outcome that the game of life will not cheat us out of. After all we have the best 9 inning team in the world. My family! Victory will be ours!

Just so my 24HCF pards know who you are praying for please meet Rebecca Leigh! Pretty sure this picture was taken the day she learned of the diagnosis. Even then a battle winning smile!!

[Linked Image]

SJ welcome to the Fire. As you can see from the member support that my family received it's a great place.

With You All!!

David Lee

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am so glad things went well today.

More prayers on the way.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Great News, David! More Prayers sent for your sister and your Family!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Excellent news. I typed a short novel last night but with the knowledge that my wife's cousin went through and is going through, I deleted it for good news before saying anything in words here.

In short, stage 4 is misleading when not knowing , other than "multiple locations" have cancer, as it is a loose barometer of the whole picture, from my readings with the cousin's colon cancer.

I hope the surgery got everything needed for a quick recovery. Prospects of Chemo, etc is in her favor being healthier than many, but I believe her mental state, or attitude and support, are more important than anything.

Give her our best

Allen

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Great news.. one day at a time.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've (somewhat selfishly) dreaded opening this,...been knee deep in supporting a friend whose Mom's in Hospice, and fading.
So very glad to hear that a prospect of victory is out on the table, and will be praying for Rebecca from here on out,....

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Good to hear, hang in there,

Dale

This space for rent

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
That's great news! My wife's surgery took all day. A lot of lives changed that day, but after a couple weeks the improvement started, and got to where she needs to be. I'm so happy for you, Attitude means everything. Marty

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our thoughts are with you and your sister David, stay positive and strong for her. I really am at a loss for words my friend...

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
David, will continue our prayers and though I don't want to be negative, do enjoy life with sis as much as possible from now on !

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
my heart is hurting right along with yours David.

know that she and you will be in our prayers.

Mrs. is headed to Anchorage for 18 mos. post treatment check up

I'm going to be asking that I'll be reading the same about your sis in the near future.

she's lucky to have a big bro like you, now get her geared up to go kick C's azz

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
chit David, I'm so sorry, I see I missed the original post date.

this is the first I knew, didn't read the whole thread, just your opening salvo.

so sorry pard, it's been a mite hectic around here. Grateful to read your update.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Praise God, Believe, Repeat.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
a 22% expected survival rate

Not impossible odds there, so let's pray she makes it.

1Minute
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Hang in there and do what you can for your family. As others have mentioned, God is in control. Keep praying and make the best of the opportunities that you have.

Cancer seems to touch everyone, in some way or another. My wife lost both of her parents within a year of our marriage. Her Father passed the day after our wedding. She helps to organize and operate a Relay for Life event in our town, as well as an individual team in our office. There are great ways to help to fight cancer.

I hope your outcome is a positive one, and your sister can beat this illness.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Beautiful sister you have David. Prayers will continue! Remember to take care of yourself also. Eat and sleep the best you can. Your sister needs you!

Bob

Last edited by RS308MX; 06/30/15.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RickyD
Praise God, Believe, Repeat.

Amen. Praying for her, her family and you.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Prayers sent for you and your family...and especially Rebecca. Times such as these are tough, but don't lose your faith because miracles do happen, and I sincerely hope one will happen in this case.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

John Wayne
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
David,

I will say a prayer for your sister.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Prayers sent for Rebecca, and for you and other family.
From one who has been the caregiver - of a 5 year breast cancer survivor.
Keep praying and surviving!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

171 members (280rem_cm, 35, 2UP, 470Evans, 44mc, 375TN, 16 invisible), 1,613 guests, and 1,045 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,963
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.