Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BlackHunter

There was just the illusion that things were cohesive. These issues have long been on the radar. Many just chose to ignore them. Even more importantly, many looked the other other way because there was not enough political will or capital to make change happen, now there is.

I do not hate anybody nor do I support discrimination in any form. I have friends of all races and I just do not understand the hate thing at all.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Thank you yankee is a state of mind country folks north and south are mostly of similar mindset. The POS on that video may be from the south but he is no southerner. Just as a whole lot of us up here are not yankees. Hell I remember my 10th grade history teacher referring to The War of Northern Aggression.
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
There are people that live up North. They are generally sane and good folks.

Then there are Yankees. Yankees are a breed apart and make no sense and they are the bane of mankind's existence.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
Might not be the best video to prove your point. The moderator is a southerner. He says he was raised in the south and lived there all his life.

Pretty much what I was thinking. Southern host bags on southerners and that triggers Bristoe to hate Yankees even more? Logic flew the fugging coop on that one.

Bristoe, you have a much better cross-section of Americans than most researchers have access to right here. If you can't already tell, with a few exceptions, that we're all pretty similar as freedom loving Americans, then you aren't as astute as I thought you were.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
that's ok. I hate yankees myself.

Well that's cool, but have you ever stopped to think what it says calling anyone not from the south a "Yankee"? On one hand people from the south want to make the point that their flag is about southern pride, that nobody alive was ever a slave, nobody alive ever owned slaves, then you call people "Yankees"?

Ya, alright. wink

you must be one of those 'challenged' folks Mike. I said 'yankees', and that's what I meant. I did not say 'californians', though that is grist for another thread, or 'midwesterners'. I said Yankees. Even you should be able to figure out what I meant. shocked

oh, and geez, I suppose I have to throw in a qualifier, such as 'present company excluded', or 'I don't mean you guys on the 'fire."

......let me throw in a few smiley faces.......... smile smile

Last edited by Mannlicher; 07/02/15.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Scott F

Been nice knowing you.

no need to be so damn reactionary Scott. Besides, you aren't even a yankee, what with living out in what, Oregon?

Sam,
Father born in NJ, mother born in OH, I was born in Little Falls, NY. Lived in NY for two years, OH for ten years and Missouri until I left for the Navy.

Any of those states sound Confederate to you? If you hate all who have lived in Yankee land then I recommend you exercise your ignore button.

thin skinned to a fault Scott. You think I have a copy of your family history on hand. Or that I care enough to single you and yours out for name calling. Or that saying "I hate yankees", in a thread about yankees hating Southerners means I actually hate yankees? WTF is wrong with you?
Use YOUR ignore button, if you can't put this behind you. laugh

Sam......

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Pashooter
Thank you yankee is a state of mind country folks north and south are mostly of similar mindset. The POS on that video may be from the south but he is no southerner. Just as a whole lot of us up here are not yankees. Hell I remember my 10th grade history teacher referring to The War of Northern Aggression.
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
There are people that live up North. They are generally sane and good folks.

Then there are Yankees. Yankees are a breed apart and make no sense and they are the bane of mankind's existence.

You southerner keep spouting off about "Yankees"

I think the real work you are looking for is Marxist.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think it's a big city thang...I moved to S.Il. for the deer hunting..only, and more people wave at each other around here when meeting on the roads than do in most of the rural South now.

I may see one black person at Walmart or anywhere I go within 50 mile radius in a two month period...or longer..never heard anyone but speak anything but English around here either. But just for the record I hate everybody.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
All of this old, old stuff being brought out today is for one purpose.

To divide America.

Before Obama, was race issues on the radar? Not at all.

What about the North/South issue? It wasn't on the radar either.

It's gonna take some trying events to make this country cohesive again.

There was just the illusion that things were cohesive. These issues have long been on the radar. Many just chose to ignore them. Even more importantly, many looked the other other way because there was not enough political will or capital to make change happen, now there is.

yeap ni@@ers been out of control a while now

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by bruinruin
and that triggers Bristoe to hate Yankees even more?

Go figure,...

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
A southern man don't need him around any how.

IC B3

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E

Been nice knowing you.

Don't lie wink !

That dude has more than half the friggin 'fire on ignore, and the half he doesn't are the ones who've never said anything that even slightly resembles disagreement with him.

Guess you could say he's a damn Yankee wink !!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sad but I took my own advice.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Have to laugh about grown men putting someone on ignore because they got their sensitive feelings hurt.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Yeah, especially by someone hiding behind a keyboard.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by SLM
Have to laugh about grown men putting someone on ignore because they got their sensitive feelings hurt.

Glad to give you a laugh. I just don't enjoy someone spewing hate so I choose not to read it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

thin skinned to a fault Scott. You think I have a copy of your family history on hand. Or that I care enough to single you and yours out for name calling. Or that saying "I hate yankees", in a thread about yankees hating Southerners means I actually hate yankees? WTF is wrong with you?
Use YOUR ignore button, if you can't put this behind you. laugh

Sam, you refuse to understand that "Yankees" also indicates geographical stereotyping, same thing as all Californains around here get. How about you just call em fuggging liberals like everyone else, it's not like their isn't libs in Florida. Didn't the proud southern state of Florida break for Obama? Point being a lot of liberals live in modern day FL, just like there are conservatives in modern day northern states, referring to anyone as a "Yankee" is no different than proclaiming the Confederate flag is all about racism.
I'm sure you don't like being referred to as a racist anymore than many in the northern states like being called "yankee". We have too many on this board who sit behind their keyboards like coiled snakes, just waiting for the moment they can define somebody by one view or one statement.

Those in the video are liberal azzholes, doesn't matter if they are from NY city or Tampa, St. Pete.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Funny that those of us who defended the right to fly the Confederate Battle Flag as a point of pride are still hated by some southern folks.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by ldholton

To divide America.

It is rather obvious that you can not elevate your level of discourse and I refuse to descend to yours. Best regards.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Funny that those of us who defended the right to fly the Confederate Battle Flag as a point of pride are still hated by some southern folks.

Thing is Scott, I can get why black folks are upset by it, I can get why southerners no longer associate the flag with slavery, I just hate the fact that nobody gives a damned what the other thinks, it's just another power play at this point to impose PC onto the country.

Because we don't jump in 100% with the Southerners, because where we might understand how blacks would be offended, It's not enough to support the southerner's rights to decide this issue, and to support a resistance to the liberals from other states who get involved, the mere fact that one can understand it from the back perspective is sacrilegious.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ldholton

To divide America.

Ya, like I said, some just don't care who sees it anymore. All that you just did, was solidify BlackHunter's point, made his argument for him...nice job.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

693 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 163bc, 10ring1, 79 invisible), 2,921 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,735
Posts18,494,888
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.