Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
disregard

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
true, $199.00 is cheap looking at the price now, rats.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The new price includes the barrel nut, gas tube and block. During the sale those had to be purchased separately and were about $100.00 together.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I just called them to ask if it was a stainless steel barrel, and Tim said he could not tell me what the barrel was made from, I asked him if it would rust and he said "all steel will rust", I said I hunt in the southeast in the rain, he said "our barrels are used by Beard's McOperator's everywhere in the world and are found to be satisfactory", I said your a little evasive and he said "yes sir I am". I will hold off on the $495 unobtanium barrel for now.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
That reply doesn't surprise me...

When you don't answer, you don't get business.

Especially when you try to justify cost of a name

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Too bad Mark didn't answer the phone. I'm sure the call would have been a lot more entertaining. laugh

Last edited by TC1; 07/02/15.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I just called them to ask if it was a stainless steel barrel, and Tim said he could not tell me what the barrel was made from, I asked him if it would rust and he said "all steel will rust", I said I hunt in the southeast in the rain, he said "our barrels are used by Beard's McOperator's everywhere in the world and are found to be satisfactory", I said your a little evasive and he said "yes sir I am". I will hold off on the $495 unobtanium barrel for now.
Hope it ain't plastic.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
for 495 one could get a barrel from a known maker, top of hte line, that will actually answer questions.

A sucker born every minute I guess.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rost495
for 495 one could get a barrel from a known maker, top of hte line, that will actually answer questions.

A sucker born every minute I guess.

Yeah but the LaRue comes with a free hat, bottle opener, and grill seasoning (sarcasm). It also seems to come with a membership to Mark LaRue's cult like fan club. All jokes aside, I won't bash him too much, his rifles tend to shoot extremely well.........and he is sending me a free MBT trigger so I don't want to get on his bad side.

As for the suckers, look at the top rankings in the SPR division of this challenge:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_16_17/51___ARFCOM_1_MOA_ALL_DAY_LONG__Challenge_.html

Last edited by wareagle700; 07/02/15.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
T
TWR Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
You calling me a sucker? wink

No way would I pay $495 for one of their barrels and before the sale they were $399 for the bare barrel. Like I said at $199, it's worth a gamble for a guarantee of MOA, you can't buy a Colt, BM, RR or DD barrel for that.

That's why I passed the sale along...

IC B3

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If I would have "needed" one I would have jumped in a heartbeat. For $199 it seems like an extremely safe gamble.

T
TWR Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
They must be dancing naked by the full moon when assembling these to have 5 in the top 10 over on arfcom.

i do remember an interview with John Noveske where he said the reason he quit using LaRue rails was because LaRue was making a barrel just like theirs but who knows, who cares as long as it shoots half as good as their reviews say they do.

Mark may have a rep but I've never been disappointed in his products and I've compared them to lots of others.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
so again...rats..like Blue I thought about it too long at $495 not so much...

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by TWR
They must be dancing naked by the full moon when assembling these to have 5 in the top 10 over on arfcom.

i do remember an interview with John Noveske where he said the reason he quit using LaRue rails was because LaRue was making a barrel just like theirs but who knows, who cares as long as it shoots half as good as their reviews say they do.

Mark may have a rep but I've never been disappointed in his products and I've compared them to lots of others.

Maybe full moon, maybe not... They could be supplying to top shooters free and or at big discount. Props up your name. etc...

Don't ever think that .mil shooters have the best guns... they simply outshot me. I can almost guarantee that the worst of my gun/ammo combos was shooting better than anything they handed the .mil shooters, well maybe the top few got as good as I had.

There are various ways to get to places.

This does not say that La Rues tubes are not top line. I was pleased he figured out Walther was not a great tube. I knew that before he ever started, but money is always an object.

Simply saying when you are arrogant enough to not answer questions, and charge as much as KNOWN top line barrels where the makers have no voodoo, and will tell you what you want to know, well its an easy decision.

Paying 199 for a barrel, when you don't need the very best, is a risk I'd take every last day..... and you might get one of the very best, even though you don't know which voodoo doll made it or how.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
was not asking for the Colonel's secret recipe, just wondered if it would become Remington's fine single shot model 742 after a day in the rain.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Yep, amazing what they won't even answer...simple questions etc...

If nothing else, yes its a SS barrel but a proprietary SS we can't divulge or not its not .... geeze...

but then you know how I feel about paying for names... knock yourself out if it floats your boat but its a ripoff IMHO.(not you specifically obviously)

T
TWR Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
But then again they might just be that good...

You'll never know till you try

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
OR I can spend same amount of money(obviously not counting the sale price) and obtain a KNOWN GREAT tube in the process, and not have to wonder or worry..

There was a time I bought into some hype about a company known as Blackstar.... paid premium for a hyped but basically unproven tube and metal and treatment.

Barrel life did seem better. Accuracy was mediocre, but lets just say it was replaced by a mid line Pac Nor tube that outshot it fairly quickly.

Let us know how yours turns out. They may be worth it in the end.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Please let us know! On the other hand would hate to spend $500 to have it rust.

T
TWR Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Jesus with the number of rifles LaRue has out there that shoot to their accuracy guarantee and haven't turned into rust, I kinda figured they are a "known" product.

But that was the reason for the sale, "to get the word out", didnt figure I'd get this response for sharing the sale.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

64 members (badwolf, BDR1, beefan, Berksbowman, 9 invisible), 1,428 guests, and 916 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,057
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.