Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
The guys who threw the tea into Bahston Hahbah were Yankees. The MEN who stood toe to toe and fought at Lexington and Concord were Yankees. Bunker Hill and Breeds Hill were fought by Yankees. The "Marblehead Mariners" who SAVED the American Revolution were Yankees. Saratoga was fought by Yankees. GFY if you guys don't see that liberal scum have no "place of origin" They do have refuges in institutions that could not exist without the freedom they hate. They are NOT Yankees.

Best freakin' post on this whole thread!!!

Fall seven times, stand up eight.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by RufusG
I remember reading this a million years ago in Reader's Digest...

To the rest of the world, a Yankee is an American.
To an American, a Yankee is a Northerner.
To a Northerner, a Yankee is a New Englander.
To a New Englander, a Yankee is someone from Connecticut.
In Connecticut, a Yankee is someone who eats pie for breakfast.

Never have figured out WTH it means.

To a southerner,at least here, Yankee is a derogatory term used to describe some know it all from up north who is attacking southern culture. A nice polite Northerner would never be referred to as such. That's why they are usually referred to as "Damn Yankees."

Some truth to that but decent conservative Yankees are still treated harshly by Southerners for really no good reason. A communist is a communist wherever they live . Recognize the enemy for what it is , then make their life miserable.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It ain't the Yankees that I mind.

It's the Damn Yankees. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

That statement I can agree with. Don't think much of them myself. grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

That statement I can agree with. Don't think much of them myself. grin

I have friends that live all over the Eastern U.S.

Not a one of them is a Damn Yankee.. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Interesting essay.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/st...9707.html?hp=t1_r#.VZb_TEa8DsA&ml=tb

excerpt:

Long before the Civil War, the United States had been torn between competing visions of what the American experiment was all about, with the northernmost tier of the country emphasizing collective action to build an allegedly stronger, better and more just Union while the southernmost tier championed self-government, the liberties of local rulers and the sanctity of local tradition. The other regions—and there were well more than two—found themselves caught in between.

Strikingly little has changed. Before last month’s Supreme Court ruling, the states that still banned gay marriage were concentrated in the Deep South and Appalachia; the states that spearheaded its legalization were concentrated in New England, with Massachusetts leading the way back in 2003. Obamacare passed Congress in 2010 because of overwhelming support in New England and the Yankee-colonized districts of the Upper Great Lakes and Pacific coastal plains and despite bipartisan rejection across the former Confederacy, where every state save Arkansas has also declined to expand Medicaid.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
call it what all you want. Liberals tend to flock together to a certain extent just like conservatives do.

Regardless of names, they, and why would you expect different, tend to want to be around others of like mindset.

Makes sense.

North wanted to be communist even way back then....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Actually the communists wanted to be communists back then. As they do now, where ever they are found. North is a direction or a general location, not a political ideology.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Scott is well known for getting pussy hurt and suffering self-loathing. I guess if you're good at something, stick with it.

I get a kick out of so many that are sick and tired of the PC crap then bleed between their legs for 3 days because of YANKEES.

...or getting butt hurt over a flag.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by Scott F
Funny that those of us who defended the right to fly the Confederate Battle Flag as a point of pride are still hated by some southern folks.

Thing is Scott, I can get why black folks are upset by it, I can get why southerners no longer associate the flag with slavery, I just hate the fact that nobody gives a damned what the other thinks, it's just another power play at this point to impose PC onto the country.

Because we don't jump in 100% with the Southerners, because where we might understand how blacks would be offended, It's not enough to support the southerner's rights to decide this issue, and to support a resistance to the liberals from other states who get involved, the mere fact that one can understand it from the back perspective is sacrilegious.

Blacks are very sensitive.You can see it in their Rap video`s.Calling their women hoes ,b!tches and their friends n i g g a.Kill cops and kill whitey.Ya I empathize with them hating the Confederate Flag.Gonna buy me a couple dozen. shocked

Last edited by Huntz; 07/03/15.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Once upon a time, I took an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States of America..........

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

As near as I can tell....there's no expiration date on that oath.

And for further clarification, nothing in that oath requires you to follow illegal orders, from anyone!

I make no statement for any other man, but I know where I stand.....

Oh, and isn't ironic that the last words are "So help me God"! wink

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When I first moved to Texas I took to wearing a NY Yankees baseball cap and I don't even follow baseball, it saved so much explaining.

I discovered too the Piney Woods, moonlit nights, and girls with soft Southern drawls.

Where I live now nobody calls me a Yankee, "Bolillo", "Guero" and "Pendejo" maybe, but not Yankee.

Anyways, I always thought this series of documentaries was a pretty good guide to the South, or East Texas at least:

Birdwatcher

Last edited by Birdwatcher; 07/04/15.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by acy
Actually the communists wanted to be communists back then. As they do now, where ever they are found. North is a direction or a general location, not a political ideology.

Totally yes, but in general at times, it still rings true.

Like I said, like folks tend to want to live with like folks in a general area.

I've nothing against folks from the north, but liberals from anywhere ugh...

but we've discussed ducks before and it tends to blanket a lot of things.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by acy

Totally yes, but in general at times, it still rings true.

Like I said, like folks tend to want to live with like folks in a general area.

I've nothing against folks from the north, but liberals from anywhere ugh...

but we've discussed ducks before and it tends to blanket a lot of things.

I don't recall most Northerners having much pride in their particular State, except when they hold it up to be so much better than Texas [insert any Southern state here].

The reason became clear to me a few years ago during a conversation in my office with a friend from Spain and a Vendor from Connecticut.

Becoming a "Citizen of the World" is the goal of every Liberal. In order to become that, they think pride of origin must be destroyed.

The Vendor was praising my friend, Vicente for being "A GOOD citizen of the world".

I told him Vicente had to be a good citizen of Valencia, Spain, before he could be a "Good citizen of the world".

The Vendor disagreed. Provincial pride was an obstacle to be overcome.

The Confederate Flag represents everything the Liberals hate, and it has NOTHING to do with slavery or the Civil War.

It's a reminder that we will NEVER think like them.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
In case you think this country isn't split beyond repair,...forget it.

I gotta say, having watched the video, the South these guys are talking about is about as close to reality as "My Name is Earl" crazy

I've been in Texas most of my life now, so may be somewhat qualified to remark on "the South", leastways I'm comfortable living here, or would be if I moved there in case Texas ain't really the "the South".

Anyways, back when SteveNO posted here regular he made the point that the younger generation in the South was different now, thank's to the 'net and cellphones and immigration the ol' Stonewall Jackson/Robert E Lee consciousness was fading for them too.

I would observe also that sadly, the Dukes of Hazzard generation, being educated, like educated folks everywhere around the World ain't having kids either, not enough to replace themselves.

'Nother generation or two, all this is gonna become redundant, and already its just another manufactured crisis from the Left to distract and divide the Right.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
lol,..this little snippet of Fred's sarcastic rambling deserves to be repeated:

Consider: “There is a natural disgust in the minds of nearly all white people to the idea of indiscriminate amalgamation of the white and black races ... A separation of the races is the only perfect preventive of amalgamation, but as an immediate separation is impossible, the next best thing is to keep them apart where they are not already together. If white and black people never get together in Kansas, they will never mix blood in Kansas ..”.

Now, I am a poor sinner, and a man of little education, and cannot remember with confidence whether this was said by Jesus Christ, Joan of Arc, or Abraham Lincoln. I expect it was Joan of Arc. If it had been Mr. Lincoln, he would be revealed as a…pious fraud,

A disappointing end to an otherwise cleverly-written column.

Lincoln himself was not a fraud in that sense, he ever made any bones at all about his attitude about Black folks. Even among abolitionists I'm not recalling any calling for mingling of the races.

Likewise before you go off again; sending 'em back to Africa? A common goal on all sides of the debate, in the case of abolitionists because they thought that would be good for everybody.

What Lincoln said plainly was, in a major newspaper during the war, in response to a noted abolitionist....

http://www.abrahamlincolnonline.org/lincoln/speeches/greeley.htm

If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them.

My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union.

I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free.

Either 1) Fred had never read this or 2) He was being intentionally misleading when he cast Lincoln the way he did.

Oh I know Lincoln is often inaccurately portrayed that way but Fred oughtta hold hisself to a higher standard.

Birdwatcher

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Either Lincoln said it or he didn't.

So did he say it?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery.

So he said then. But he could have done it a lot easier by just stopping the oppression of the Southern States. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

So did he say it?

'Course he did, how does that make him a fraud?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

So did he say it?

Well, now, Bristoe, you know... uh...

THAT AIN'T FAIR!

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

244 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 23 invisible), 1,701 guests, and 1,035 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,122
Posts18,483,677
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.