Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 39 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 38 39
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Ed - if you flew into ABQ - there would be a line of volunteers to get you to Q, me included.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Is Quemado International Airport closed for that Jade Helm exercise?

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Seafire
Is Quemado International Airport closed for that Jade Helm exercise?

No they moved it over to the VLA east of Datil awaiting the mother ship's return.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mudhen
Ed, if you can get into ABQ, I would be willing to come and get you. You'd probably have to ride home with Miles, though, so you might want to give it more thought before pulling the trigger. grin

I'd give him a ride home (in the back of the truck)! wink

Miles will too, he needs someone to look after the bees! shocked

Ed, if you'll fly into ABQ, we'll figure out a way to get your guns and whatever else you want to Quemado and get you back home.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sure good to see these fine offers - hope Ed can be with us,

There is an airport in Quemado, and Jade Helm has not affected it at all - they can't seem to find it. Then again, many pilots may not be able to find it either. Requires at least one low pass to make certain there are no elk, antelope or deer on the strip.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Then again, many pilots may not be able to find it either. Requires at least one low pass to make certain there are no elk, antelope or deer on the strip.

Must be a brother to the one in Hampton, Arkansas. I did a survey to build a road to the airport there. I was 1 1/2 miles of new location, through small pines and brambles. Nice airport, but all the while that we were working, I never saw on plane land or take off. I did see lots of deer and turkey using the runway for a loafing area. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by CCCC
Sure good to see these fine offers - hope Ed can be with us,

There is an airport in Quemado, and Jade Helm has not affected it at all - they can't seem to find it. Then again, many pilots may not be able to find it either. Requires at least one low pass to make certain there are no elk, antelope or deer on the strip.

are you renting out one of your pastures to the County again, for use as an airport there Paul?

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No John, our place is for rotary wing stuff. The airport in Q is just WSW of the intersection of US 60 and NM 32.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some nice afternoon/evening rain each of the past four days - so things are beginning to look more green in these parts. Bodes well for the gathering. For the sake of shooters, hoping the afternoon rain stuff takes a break for that weekend - at least for Saturday.

We've had lots of elk hanging around until now, but they don't seem to like to be around cattle and a local rancher now has some mexican yearlings grazing on the FS lease which contains the campground. Am hoping that nuisance will be ended before the event.

Shoot info will be posted soon.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Somebody is going to have to post directions to the gathering place. We may get to come out a few days early and it would be nice to wind up in the right place.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Somebody is going to have to post directions to the gathering place. We may get to come out a few days early and it would be nice to wind up in the right place.

If some of the locals don't, I will give it a try in a day or two. miles

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
when you see an "elk crossing" sign, slow down.

smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
• Turn off Interstate 25 at Socorro (Exit 147) onto
US-60 West.

• Drive west about 105 miles to Quemado, then
though town (a couple of miles farther) to NM-32.

• Turn left (the only choice!) onto NM-32, and drive
past the road to Quemado Lake (about 18 miles) to
a Forest Service road on your left (with a cluster of
mail boxes on your right and a Forest Service sign
beside the road to Armijo Springs camp ground,
which you can “visit” on-line here —
campground

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Driving directions to gathering

From the north and US 60 at Quemado
, take NM Rte. 32 south about 18 mi. past mile marker 24, look for intersection sign (+) and sign for Armijo Springs. After those signs, turn east/left onto CR A021 (gravel road) and drive approx. 4 miles, then bear right at "Y" and sign for campground, travel short distance and look around.

From the south and NM Rte.12 at Apache Creek
, drive north on NM Rte. 32 about 23 miles and past mile marker 23, look for intersection sign (+) and sign for Armijo Springs. After those signs, turn east/right onto CR A021 (gravel road) and drive approx. 4 miles, then bear right at "Y" and sign for campground, travel short distance and look around.

At night, and especially at the edges of the day, be careful and watch for wapiti near/on the roads.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks Miles and CCCC!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Just follow the smell of bacon and coffee in the morn,the sound of gunfire in the afternoon, and later in the day laughter and story tellin and you will soon be upon the camp.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Gee, last time I went, Scott F and I stopped and got gas in Quemado, something to drink and just followed the rainbow to Paul's place...

the campground is just a mile or so up the dirt road from there...

just like they told us it would be there at the store.. whistle

OR

if ya get into town on Wednesday or Thursday, just hang around the parking lot at the one store in town....

I'm sure someone will stop to gas up before going out to the campground, and recognize you... so you can just follow them out to the Springs...

That is what Scott F and I did the first time.... we were there only like 36 hours out front drinking beer when a local sheriff said we looked like those types that were there for the 24 Hour Campfire ShinDig.... so he lead us out there, then told us to stay off the highways for the next 72 hours....

We never figured out why... did we Scott?? grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My first time out, I was sitting at the cafe early in the morning, drinking coffee and talking to an older indian man. He asked what I was doing, and when I told him, he said that there was a fellow in here yesterday going to something like that, and there he is now. Blue (RIO7) was walking in the door. The rest is history. miles

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Meeting Miles, at the Largo Cafe was like finding a new brother, we had a wonderful time visiting, and we went on a coyote hunt with one of the locals, went to visit Richie, who owns the motel and see his lion and bear dogs, then to the springs and met Paul and Maddy, met Ken Howell, and many others, what a wonderful group of people, counting the day's until we all get together again. rio7

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Seafire
Gee, last time I went, Scott F and I stopped and got gas in Quemado, something to drink and just followed the rainbow to Paul's place...

the campground is just a mile or so up the dirt road from there...

just like they told us it would be there at the store.. whistle

OR

if ya get into town on Wednesday or Thursday, just hang around the parking lot at the one store in town....

I'm sure someone will stop to gas up before going out to the campground, and recognize you... so you can just follow them out to the Springs...

That is what Scott F and I did the first time.... we were there only like 36 hours out front drinking beer when a local sheriff said we looked like those types that were there for the 24 Hour Campfire ShinDig.... so he lead us out there, then told us to stay off the highways for the next 72 hours....

We never figured out why... did we Scott?? grin

Don't know what that guy's problem was. We both could almost stand on our own, almost.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Page 14 of 39 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (160user, 1234, 1badf350, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 73 invisible), 2,037 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,831
Posts18,496,650
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.