Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
I'm sure the guy was stupid when sober, the alcohol just freed the inner moron.

Says it all....

GB4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by Barkoff

No, I think they when they infer they have no sympathy for his foolishness, that implies he deserves what he got, no?

No.

It implies you are scratching for stuff to get worked up over.

Do I sound worked up?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess I’ll be a heartless bastard to say by that definition, igniting and explosive on his head, he absolutely deserved what he got. No different than putting a gun to his head and pulling the trigger and expecting something other than blowing one’s brains out.

You don't know that at all. Where I would have no idea what exactly would happen in regards to fireworks, I would never take the chance, however NOBODY has any doubts as to what would happen when you put a gun to your head and pull the trigger. By your thesis, the kid committed suicide. I have seen some kids do some pretty dumb schitt for laughs and thrills, things you would never see a 40 year old man do.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Believe it or not, there are different degrees of ignorance. Some people don't know anything about firearms and accidently kill themselves or others. There have been cases of people thinking a gun is unloaded and jokingly blown their brains out. There was an actior that killed himself by firing a blank into his brain.

My point is whether or not one is smart enough to realize the consequences, the consequences are the same.

So what would you call someone strapping a several ounce charge of black powder to their head and lighting it off other than suicide?

Just because he was drunk and trying make others laugh doesn't in any way change the fact that his actions and his actions alone took his life.

Again I'll be the hearless bastard. Some people's purpose in life is to warn others what not to do. He achieved his purpose in life.

Play stupid games...

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
It'd be interesting to know how many 24hour members were just a c#nthair away from winning that award at one time or another. He thought it was a dud, it wasn't. He made a living entertaining for Disney and that night he was trying to get a laugh.

Well, it worked. He got a laugh outta me....

Originally Posted by Dead Guy's Mom
The state should consider requiring safety training courses before allowing someone to use them, she said.

Really.?

[Linked Image]

he flunked outta the boat building course at the tech college in Calais
Disney was his calling crazy laugh

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
22 isn't a kid.

At 22 I was a Sergeant in the Marines, guarding an embassy in El Salvador, during a nasty civil war.

when I was 22 I was a young sergeant doing dismounted patrols with my fire team on the border in the area between East Germany, West Germany and Czechoslovakia out of a West German town called Hof.

and I didn't go back to maine to live when I retired from the army

some stupid mofo,s up their........................

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Local kid here, 30 miles away, according to the paper, set one off on his chest. Died at the hospital.

Don't we always say, play dumb games.....

Yes I did dumb things, I got away with. But if I was killed instead, it would not have changed the fact that I did a dumb thing...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He didn't deserve to die, but he was unlucky enough to get the expected outcome from doing something ludicrously dangerous with a so-called 'dud'.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
standard procedure for approaching a non electric fused explosive is to wait for 2 minutes
approach uxo and place beside it (with out touching it)a 1pd block of c-4 either dual primed with a 4 minute fuses or electric primed for command detonation

seen a e-7 and 2 e-4,s 12b types(combat engineers) in grafenwehr germany doing a explosives demo/course for our battalion during a reforger in 1986 approach a "dud" 40 pd cratering charge (non electric primed dual fused) well before the 2 minute period was done

we was all in bleachers about 600 yards away watching the demo

the guys went down their and the 1st thing the e-7 did was kick the tripod the charge was sitting on and about 6-7 seconds later the thing blew

red mist and grey/black mist
all 3 basically got vaporized
they found bone and flesh

needless to say
our demo training was done for the rest of reforger

so stupid aint just limited to dumb young kids

buddy of mine told me about another e-7 combat engineer in bosnia that tried to disarm a anti personel mine with a gerber tool of all things

totally disregarded blow it in place with c-4
trying to be a big shot
got blown the fug up.....

we had 2 e-4s attatched to us from 2/44th ada(air defense artillery)stinger teams in the assault on najaf during oif1

that found uxo
it was a cbu(cluster bomb unit
that did not open up into its 4 petals and wire tripcords
looked like a metal softball to larry and moe(curly was probably somewhere else)

we all got plenty of briefings and classes on uxo id well prior

these 2 picked it up and decided to play catch inside a Humvee with it

kaboom
blown the fugg up

bottom line is that shyt that goes kapow
will kill you if you get dumb around it real fast........

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1minute, 160user, 58 invisible), 2,477 guests, and 1,438 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,943
Posts18,480,152
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.