Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Like most on here I do not watch much tv I have found this show to be very interesting in the lives of the people living in ANWR.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I wouldn't watch it initially because I thought it was just another trumped up reality show, but I got to watching during one channels viewing of several in a row, and now I'm addicted. Excellent stuff.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I like it too. Not as scripted with the fake drama of the other stuff.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Still a lot of trumped up drama, but I'd rather watch that than most of the other crap TV.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I like how the young man checked the bore of his rifle before the deer hunt by looking through the opened action without removing the bolt, and how, while hunting, one of them couldnt keep his mouth shut.

Thats the only one ive seen in a while

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by eyeball
I like how the young man checked the bore of his rifle before the deer hunt by looking through the opened action without removing the bolt, and how, while hunting, one of them couldnt keep his mouth shut.

Thats the only one ive seen in a while

That's Alaskan Bush People. That show is a joke.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by coloradoben
Like most on here I do not watch much tv I have found this show to be very interesting in the lives of the people living in ANWR.

There are no people living in ANWR.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Ok, and thanks.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like the fact that Ray Lewis carries an original 1895 in .35 Winchester. Wonder if he rolls his own fodder. What is it with his wife's and daughter's eyes? Anybody else notice anything odd?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I watch it too and as far as reality TV goes, I think its hard to fake alot of stuff they do

that said, and by no means am I an expert, but I am a little surprised at how unprepared they are at times given this is supposed to be a way of life for them.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stevelyn

I believe Heimo Korth and his wife's homestead predate ANWR and hence they are living there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hiemo is a character and good people.

My guess is they're back at their cabin after moving to Ft. Yuke for a few years for the girls to finish high school.

he's a heckuva guy

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Apparently there are people living in ANWAR.

Like the show.
The Lewis girls have some weird eyes for sure.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
I like the fact that Ray Lewis carries an original 1895 in .35 Winchester. Wonder if he rolls his own fodder. What is it with his wife's and daughter's eyes? Anybody else notice anything odd?

I believe it's congenital ptosis. Mother has it to a degree too. There mat be other causes, associated co-morbidities, but it just may be poor levator muscle function. Easily correctable with surgery.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
2ligit I think i have read in the past you know Heimo he seams like a happy guy. It s kind of like happy people life on the Tiaga sp do you know Bob Harte

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ben, I don't know Heimo well, but worked for the same outfit one season that he works for in the fall (he probably works for JP in the spring too come to think of it)

we were stuck on a gravel bar for a few days that season so got to hear some great stories from him.

and run into him in town once in a blue moon

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
2legit, Thanks for sharing that info about Heimo.

The Last Alaskans is by far and away the best "reality" show on TV.

I really like the fact that there isn't all the fake drama like all the other shows. Just people living and doing what they do everyday in a remote place is more than interesting enough for me.

I read a book on Heimo several years back and was pleasantly surprised to see he was featured on the show.

Surprising this show is on Animal Planet... I hope they don't change the format and we end up with another "Finding Bigfoot or crap like that.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like the show,but I think the guy with the dog named Ruger is about to go under. He seems to be losing it a little more each show. By that I mean his skills seem to be deminishing. Those girls and mom have weird eyes ,but I hope a least one of them goes back to live in the cabin. I do like the old mans Winchester though.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I like it and I like the way they value their dogs. Most of the show is from the heart discussion, no fancy bullschitt or staged near bear attacks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stevelyn

"The last Alaskans", the last Alaskans permitted to live in ANWAR

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (219 Wasp, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 61 invisible), 2,447 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,459
Posts18,489,777
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.