Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I like the show, and other Alaskan shows. Last Frontier, Port Protection, Life Below Zero. That bush people thing is a joke.

Last edited by WayneShaw; 01/30/18.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We watch the show every chance we get, wife and I both love Heimo and Edna, they are what we hope to be when we are their age. The Lewis' seem like great folks and they certainly did a wonderful job of raising their 3 daughters, it's cool to see that they enjoy living in bush Alaska. Charlie is quite a savvy outdoorsman for someone so young, he's a helluva trapper and did a masterful job of building his cabin and he did it the hard way. We miss not seeing Bob on the show, he was quite a character and his pup was one as well, he got around pretty good for someone in his condition but from day 1 I never thought he'd last long on the show due to his health.

The Last Alaskans is the best show on tv IMO.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've met the Lewis Girls a couple times.....great young people!......very bright and cheerful.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Love the show also, and liked Heimos book! miss Bob Hart, hope his Daughters doing well!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
My favorite show, hope they keep it coming..

Molon Labe
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's a really good show for the most part.
I tuned out when on one episode Heimo was caribou hunting and found someone's old campfire ring and went on a rant against trophy hunters.
He called them all slobs and said he wished that the animals didn't have antlers or horns.
Living in Kalifornia, I'm bombarded by anti hunting bull s hit and thin skinned when others preach it.

Proud NRA Life Member
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I mentioned a while back that Heimo's cousin, James Campbell, stayed with Heimo and Edna and wrote the book. He recently wrote another book about his daughter, Aiden, flying in with him to visit Heimo in the summer. Edna didn't think the young lady would make it, she did. The young lady aggravated her Dad to spend a couple months of winter with Heimo and Edna. They did it and Heimo had them sleep in a tent as he didn't have room for them inside. The father and daughter came back and did a backpack trip over the Brooks Range and used a folding canoe to paddle from the head of the Hulahula river to the Bering sea. "Braving It" by James Campbell. I thought it to be a very good book. Oh, by the way Heimo invited them that summer to help him build a new cabin as Edna was at Ft Yukon with a bad back.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I love the Last Alaskans, along with Mountain Men. Yukon Men is okay too. Bob Harte was my favorite, along with Heimo. Marty and Tom on MM seem to the genuine article.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Salmonella
It's a really good show for the most part.
I tuned out when on one episode Heimo was caribou hunting and found someone's old campfire ring and went on a rant against trophy hunters.
He called them all slobs and said he wished that the animals didn't have antlers or horns.
Living in Kalifornia, I'm bombarded by anti hunting bull s hit and thin skinned when others preach it.

I"m trying not to defend Heimo, but I do understand a bit of what he was saying. Quite often hunters are trying to shoot for inches, have a lot of money and don't give a damn about anything else. Maybe I should not say quite often, but often enough to aggravate folks. They don't care about litter, the planet, that they were there, what happens to the meat or what they have to do to make it into the book.

OTOH I'm just happy to harvest meat, and if a big one comes along, I might or might not shoot it. Like a moose, I'd love one say 65 plus. But only one. I think that would be my self imposed limit. Especially if I can find a spike or fork. LOL.

Going to have to order the braving it book, but have to check the stack of books we have, about 30 or so, on the counter right now, don't need two copies. LOL

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 16gage, 17CalFan, 160user, 16penny, 50 invisible), 2,842 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,493
Posts18,490,421
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.