Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Cabela's in WV had TAC a couple weeks ago.

laissez les bons temps rouler
GB1

ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
I'm not in WV!!!! cry

And Travis was right...Im cheap.

Not gonna pay hazmat....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I find Varget, H4895 and TAC regularly.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ingwe,

I have 2 pounds of varget.

No hazmat if you pick them up....

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Seafire

I can pass on after playing with AR Comp, which was a solution to having RL15 loads on Government contract not work so well for high temps in Iraq and elsewhere in the Middle East....

It has worked VERY well for accuracy and also for not being sensitive for high temps as I have been over at the range running loads at full max according to load data in afternoon temps from 103 to buzzing 110 this past week...

its performed like a champ all across the board...I just ordered four 8 pounders of it recently... but a retired Marine Buddy begged me to let him buy two off of me... so I'll be replacing those soon....been ordering it out of Powder Valley...

I've got an 8 pounder of AR Comp coming also, a buddy's been real happy with it in applications where Varget works. I have a good stash of Varget but I wouldn't want to count on it for high volume shooting, it's too hard to find on a consistent basis. AR Comp seems to usually be available.

I'm weaning myself off of temperature sensitive powders. Like Mule Deer says, there's no reason use old tech temp sensitive powders anymore when more stable ones are out there.

IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Tom,

As I explained earlier, you can often (in fact usually, in my experience) get 8-pound jugs of powder cheaper per-pound by ordering them on-line than at stores, even with paying the hazmat. Stores usually include as much or more mark-up than the hazmat fee. And I have found cruising the Internet much cheaper than driving to various stores, something Varmint Guy apparently never has learned.

Is "ingwe" another user name for "Varmint Guy"?

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Now that's funny. Scared the hell out of me with the thought of V.G in a leopard print thong!

Last edited by Swifty52; 07/08/15.

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Now that's funny. Scared the hell out of me with the thought of V.G in a leopard print thong!

So, the thought of Ingwe in a leopard print thong doesn't scare you?

Tell me about your Mother.....

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Higbean

Ok, she's been dead for 5 years now.

Guess I should not have been so short just because a dirtbag on the inner web chooses to bring family in as an insult.
About Mom, born in the early 20's, graduated at the top of her class while helping out with her 13 brothers and sisters during the depression and into the 40's till WWII at which time she joined the navy along with all 7 of her brothers. Spent 3 1/2 years as an S.P in the waves. After she met dad who was a aspiring lifer in the Army, he was KIA in Korea in Dec 1951 2 mos before I was born.
Mom raised both my brother(who's 2 years older) and I by herself. Went back to school and worked till she graduated with honors with a double major of English and History. Worked as a school teacher till she was 65, at which time she had attained a double masters degree. At the age of 75 I had the pleasure of being at her graduation with a Doctorate.
When she passed her funeral service was with full military honors, and her flag is displayed right next to dads.

How about yours.

Last edited by Swifty52; 07/08/15.

Swifty
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Tom,

You know of course that you'll smoke a wet soggy turd in hell for that.

I usually try to show respect for highly exalted gun writers, but I'll have to make an exception this time....

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by deflave
I find Varget, H4895 and TAC regularly.

Travis

Yes, but by all accounts ( mainly yours...) you are Uber!

Last edited by ingwe; 07/08/15.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I can grab some for you if you need me to.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Got some Varget today...I'll try it then move on down the line. Appreciate the offer and I may take you up on it.

Just you handling the stuff ought to make it work better....

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I put something special in the container for you.

Travis

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ingwe, please don't ask Travis to post his load.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Guess I should not have been so short just because a dirtbag on the inner web chooses to bring family in as an insult.
About Mom, born in the early 20's, graduated at the top of her class while helping out with her 13 brothers and sisters during the depression and into the 40's till WWII at which time she joined the navy along with all 7 of her brothers. Spent 3 1/2 years as an S.P in the waves. After she met dad who was a aspiring lifer in the Army, he was KIA in Korea in Dec 1951 2 mos before I was born.
Mom raised both my brother(who's 2 years older) and I by herself. Went back to school and worked till she graduated with honors with a double major of English and History. Worked as a school teacher till she was 65, at which time she had attained a double masters degree. At the age of 75 I had the pleasure of being at her graduation with a Doctorate.
When she passed her funeral service was with full military honors, and her flag is displayed right next to dads.

How about yours.

Relax Debra. It wasn't an insult on your mother or even your family. Geez....

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Oh, by the way, Don't worry about the temperature sensitive crap about H-335...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
OK thanks!

I'll just carry on....

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

How about yours.

Relax Debra. It wasn't an insult on your mother or even your family. Geez....

Yea, it was.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Lately I've been playing with Lt-32, Tac, Benchmark, IMR-8208, IMR4895, CFE223, H322, W748, H335, and BLC-2 with 50-64gr bullets.

So far the leaders with light bullets are LT-32 and TAC. With the 60-64's it IMR4895. H335 deserves an honorable mention. It's turned in some good groups with 52gr bullets, but has not performed well with either the 60gr partitions nor the 64gr BSB's.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (160user, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 65 invisible), 2,100 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,904
Posts18,479,364
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.