Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Thanks my friends,

We will surely get a new dog and probably a relation of Lib's. By the way, we owned Libby's grandfather, Stuart, and he was a wonderful Scot.

First, however, I have to nursemaid Karen completely through her recovery from brain surgery. She's doing really well, but I am the chief cook and bottle washer and will be for the foreseeable future ... and that is fine because that is what I pledged fifty-one years ago; "In sickness and in Health."

Kinda quiet around here and I still almost see Libby where she usually hung out.

Darn it, I miss that little cuss. She was such a great buddy.

May God Bless You All,

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just saw this thread brother. Very sorry to hear the news. I said a special prayer the other night like i said i would and yes, dogs go to heaven as you well know.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Steve,I'm so sorry for your loss. Most of us have probably been through it and over and over we say "never again" but then one day there's that little ball of fur with the big eyes and there we go. I like to think that it means that we have a heart and not completely self-centered.
Myself I lost three last year in less than a month and a half AND my Mother a few months earlier.Wham,Wham,Wham,Wham but this spring this feral tortoise shell kitten found me and hello Bella...here I go again.

You'll never forget your Libby and you gave her a good life and as my Wife says about my dogs and cats "she won the dog lottery".

Read the "Rainbow Bridge",the tears will fall but it's been a comfort to many.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Friends,

There's no doubt that the amount of hurting when a dog dies is directly proportional to the amount of love involved ... and the love goes both ways.

The hurt eventually passes ... at least, most of it. And the love and memories of the GREAT TIMES lasts for as long as we live.

Yeah, we are truly missing Lib, but she totally brightened our lives for many years.

Oh, I ran into a "beauty photo" of our little girl. I'll post it below. Actually, she enjoyed running on the beach and finding disgusting things to roll in way more than posing for a beauty photo grin

Blessings,

Steve

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm saddened by this news, even though we knew this day was coming, it doesn't make it less painful. It's part of the commitment we make when they enter our lives. We give them the best life we are able to and when they leave we make it as pain free as possible. They give so much, ask for so little and leave us so soon.

Godspeed, Rick

Black Olives Matter!!
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Steve ,
Thank you for a glimpse of life with Libby. What a sweet little girl. I'm so sorry to hear you and Karen and lost her, but happy she was such a blessing in your lives for the time she was here. Just keep your memories of Libby alive and her spirit will live on in your hearts. She's at rest now. May God grant you peace during this difficult time.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
So sorry to hear Steve, I lost my Boxer dog and best buddy Rocky last year. I liked your eulogy and have included Rocky's along with some words of Gene Hill.
I hope you find some peace in them.

With much sorrow and an aching heart I share sad news, we have said our final goodbye to Rocky. I share this with you because you all have had your own "special moments" with him.

He fought cushings disease and old age valiantly and without a whimper. But as we all will someday he tired of all the discomfort and confusion that come with old age.

As I have shared with many, if not all of you I have tried to prepare myself for this day for over a year. I am hear today, tears in my eyes and a void in my heart as proof the preparation didn't help.

He is not gone but will live for ever in my heart and my memories (with a mouthful of white feathers) as the best dog that ever owned me. Born 10/16/03 - Died 10/02/14 5 PM

I will leave you now with the words of Gene Hill below, I can recomend reading "A Listening Walk" and a few of my favorite pictures as attachments.

Below are eight Gene Hill dog quotes. Hill is the author of several books about life with dogs, including Tears and Laughter, Sunlight and Shadows and A Listening Walk... and Other Stories.

He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds. He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea. He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being; by the way he rests against my leg; by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile; by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me.)

When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive. When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile. When I am happy, he is joy unbounded. When I am a fool, he ignores it. When I succeed, he brags. Without him, I am only another man. With him, I am all-powerful. He is loyalty itself.

He has taught me the meaning of devotion. With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace. He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant.

His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things. He has promised to wait for me... whenever... wherever—in case I need him. And I expect I will—as I always have. He is just my dog.

Tears and Laughter

Never try to teach a pig to sing...
...it wastes your time and annoys the pig!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Uncle Joe,

Gene Hill was the MASTER of putting into words what we all feel but cannot articulate.

Indeed, some dogs are so close to being human that we can only hope to imitate them. Especially in love.

Speaking of eulogies: About three years ago, my wife and I did the "readings" at the funeral of a good friend of ours. After we'd sat down, the priest announced, "And now, Steve Timm will do the Eulogy for our brother Jim."

The problem was ... nobody had asked me to do the eulogy.

It was truly one of those "Holy Crap" moments.

So, I sloooooowly approached the ambo and talked about Jim for ten minutes or so.

The crazy part was that I had four or five requests for print-outs of the eulogy.

Life can be crazy.

Rocky was a good one, my friend ... I will pray for him when I daily pray for Libby. Count on it.

Blessings,

Steve

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A real bummer dude. Went through the same about a year ago.

1Minute
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Thanks for the prayers for my friend. And if you would, add me to the list that I may live to be as good a person as Rocky thought I was.

Never try to teach a pig to sing...
...it wastes your time and annoys the pig!
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
One of the toughest things to go through. My thoughts and prayers your way.

Still trying to be the Man my dogs think I am
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by uncle joe
Thanks for the prayers for my friend. And if you would, add me to the list that I may live to be as good a person as Rocky thought I was.

Joe,

Absolutely, my friend. You have my prayers.

Steve

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

668 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 16penny, 69 invisible), 3,308 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,484
Posts18,471,837
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.