Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
BY Paul Rieckhoff SPECIAL TO NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Published: Sunday, July 19, 2015,

...I lead Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, the fastest growing post-9/11 veterans group in America — and the only national veterans organization headquartered in New York. I felt like I’d heard it all. Well, clearly, I was wrong

In the last couple of days, presidential hopeful Donald Trump has shown that there are still people who have never served, but still make ridiculous, insulting comments about veterans.

Comments that should have been left behind long ago, in the dark days after Vietnam of blaming the warriors for the war. Trump’s asinine comments about Sen. John McCain’s service are an insult to everyone who has ever worn the uniform — and to all Americans.

I have had the honor of working with Sen. McCain on key veterans legislation, including the Clay Hunt Suicide Prevention for American Veterans Act, which was signed into law by President Obama earlier this year.

He is very capable of defending himself, but a public attack on one veteran’s service is an attack on us all. Trump’s stupidity is especially egregious given its timing — right after the murder of one sailor and four Marines last week in Chattanooga, Tenn.

But there may actually be a silver lining in Trump’s absurdity. Hopefully, it will push every single presidential candidate from both parties to present their own real, specific platform on veterans issues. So far, not one of them has. But it’s not just the presidential candidates that have failed our veterans.

In the end, this isn’t really about Trump. It’s about the more than 20 million veterans in America who have put our lives on the line in defense of our freedom only to see our service disrespected for too long by politicians from both parties...

Paul Rieckhoff is the founder and CEO of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, a 9/11 first responder and the author of “Chasing Ghosts.”

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 07/20/15.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I think this is more insulting.

John McCain angered by Donald Trump: 'He fired up the crazies'

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This Rino has be living off his War Record to long , FCK McCain.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Actually, it is much worse. A contrived tempest in a teapot when John McCain is nothing more than a childish and selfish prick who spent his time in a Hanoi apartment with a couple of prostitutes.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
You're right, its not close. McCain is as crooked as a dog's leg.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
McCain went a long way to help give us the azzhole we have now. Screw Him!

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Does being a POW automatically elevate one to hero status?
Bowe Bergdahl was considered a POW by Obama and much of the News Media.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I sorta liked Trump and his often "straight" talk... but that all changed when he made that stupid statement about prisoners-of-war NOT being "heroes"... especially when those brave and honorable warriors were TORTURED so horribly.

And I'm NOT talking about McCain, but ALL prisoners-of-war.

I.E., Trump just LOST my vote... even if he runs in '16 ! But... after his stupid comment, I'm sure he won't even be on the "List" of those running for President.

And, funny as it seems to be... Trump "shot-himself-in-the-MOUTH"... not in the "foot"!!!

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Piss on McCain

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Lord, anyone that is stupid enough to fall for this schit is an idiot. Trump merely said what everyone should say about McCain. He got captured and he endured. That is it. How does that make him a hero? Or at least any more heroic than hundreds if not thousands of others?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ron_T
I sorta liked Trump and his often "straight" talk... but that all changed when he made that stupid statement about prisoners-of-war NOT being "heroes"... especially when those brave and honorable warriors were TORTURED so horribly.

I.E., Trump just LOST my vote... even if he runs in '16 ! But... after his stupid comment, I'm sure he won't even be on the "List" of those running for President.

And, funny as it seems to be... Trump "shot-himself-in-the-MOUTH"... not in the "foot"!!!

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

+ 100 %

Ron - I fully agree with you on this.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Actually, it is much worse. A contrived tempest in a teapot when John McCain is nothing more than a childish and selfish prick who spent his time in a Hanoi apartment with a couple of prostitutes.

One of the fired up crazies.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Baby Boomers are well known for their sensitivities.

Trump just lost a whole lot of votes.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am a veteran and his remarks did not offend me.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Reminds me of this

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Lord, anyone that is stupid enough to fall for this schit is an idiot. Trump merely said what everyone should say about McCain. He got captured and he endured. That is it. How does that make him a hero? Or at least any more heroic than hundreds if not thousands of others?

Wow. I'd like to see you "endure."

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B

McCain was asked if he was due an apology:
"I don't think so, but I think he may owe an apology to the families of those who have sacrificed in conflict and those who have undergone the prison experience in serving our country," McCain told MSNBC's "Morning Joe".

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by IntruderBN

Wow. I'd like to see you "endure."

I might and or I might not. I wouldn't consider it heroic to merely stay alive, however. Lots and lots and lots of people in history have done tougher schit than that.

It is pretty pathetic that some would turn a man such as John McCain into a hero.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (10gaugeman, 1234, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 53 invisible), 2,478 guests, and 1,127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,457
Posts18,529,114
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.