Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I am good friends with an outfitter that has guided Palmer several times. He told me that Palmer was fanatical about following the law on all his hunts- wouldn't let them do anything that was even questionable. I doubt he was complicit in this case. You rely on your outfitter and guide to do the legal thing in the legal area.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The guy's douche. But the liberals are using this to attack ALL hunters and smear them with the same paintbrush.

Fug the liberal anti-hunters.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Boy talk about getting worked up over nothing. Left alone, male lions will fight and kill other male lions and they routinely kill all the cubs when they take over a pride. "Cecil" didn't have much time left under any set of circumstances.

All these lion lovers need to spend some time with them when the lions are hungry. If any survive, I'll bet they never give one of those lions a cute name or describe a lion again as "handsome" or "beautiful".

I'm better when I move.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Bigwhoop: NOTHING good for the American Sportsmen Hunter will come from this incident - even though it occurred on the other side of the planet.
Including the fact that said Dentist has given monies to "Republican candidates"/causes and he and they are being demonized for that.
The incident in America involving the Black Bear poaching gives me an insight into this "ego-Hunters" mind set.
He deserves disdain and a fine for the lion incident but he IS and IS GOING to suffer 1,000 fold what he deserves.
He's ruined.
Maybe it was a kharma thing?
If I was that dentist I would exit stage left for a year or two.
For his and his families safety.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
What a yawner. Our society is past pathetic.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
The don't understand or agree with sport hunting, therefore it's BAD.

I don't understand or agree with homosexuality, therefore it's BAD. Of course that won't fly.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
The don't understand or agree with sport hunting, therefore it's BAD.

I don't understand or agree with homosexuality, therefore it's BAD. Of course that won't fly.

I wonder if a big city baker would squawk about making a cake for me depicting a lion with feathers protruding from behind one shoulder?

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Same Ghouls who are complaining about this have no problem supports the killing of 50 million fetuses and selling the parts, Killing and decimating the Bluefin population of the world to get Sushi or killing Rhinos for their horns so some pervert in the Orient can get a hard on. Not many complaints in those areas, but a Lion that might grow to be 14 years of age in the wild awful that he was killed and beheaded. GMAFB

Convict firstin the media and destroy their name the new MO of the national media.

We are a fugged up society, my patience with Libtards has come to an end.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Bigwhoop: NOTHING good for the American Sportsmen Hunter will come from this incident - even though it occurred on the other side of the planet.
Including the fact that said Dentist has given monies to "Republican candidates"/causes and he and they are being demonized for that.
The incident in America involving the Black Bear poaching gives me an insight into this "ego-Hunters" mind set.
He deserves disdain and a fine for the lion incident but he IS and IS GOING to suffer 1,000 fold what he deserves.
He's ruined.
Maybe it was a kharma thing?
If I was that dentist I would exit stage left for a year or two.
For his and his families safety.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

With the over the top, outrageous reaction by the American public to this story you can bet your sweet ass it is the perfect segue to attack Republican front runner Donald Trump on his values using his son's fairly recent safari to Africa which caused a previously subdued response as it kind of flew under the radar.

"Here's Your Reminder That Donald Trump's 2 Sons Are Also Big-Game Hunters "

http://www.motherjones.com/mixed-media/2015/07/donald-trumps-kids-are-also-big-game-hunters

Proud NRA Life Member
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
It didn't take long for this to be a big deal. Its the way our society operates.
Palmer has had death threats and the Bloomington PD has been hovering in the area of his building.
Its all the anti's needed - some incident to flock to like a moth to a flame.
The officials in Zim will drive the story based on what is revealed from their investigation - such as, what did he know and when did he know it.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
What a bunch of dumass libs, this happened around the world in another country, but as usual can't keep their hands out of other folks business. Thats what is wrong with the world today, if we would worry bout our own country instead of everyone else's we might be better off.

Fück Joe byron
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Hammer2506
What a bunch of dumass libs, this happened around the world in another country, but as usual can't keep their hands out of other folks business. Thats what is wrong with the world today, if we would worry bout our own country instead of everyone else's we might be better off.

Don't you know that liberals have no boundaries.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
I am good friends with an outfitter that has guided Palmer several times. He told me that Palmer was fanatical about following the law on all his hunts- wouldn't let them do anything that was even questionable.

Must have been after his 2008 watershed.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Here is my take. Not that you guys asked for it.

He killed a lion. Libtards see every lion as Simba or Mufasa and every lioness as Nala (if you're lost, watch the Lion King). So if he would have taken this same lion (13 years old) but it didn't live on a preserve and wasn't collared, just in the wild, whack job animal rights groups that do diddly squat for conservation would still be protesting and harassing him. See the black rhino hunt auction by SCI last year that was completed recently. So if he did something illegally give him his punishment. If he didn't, well maybe he will do better research next time into areas and PH's, and possibly save himself some harassment.

On that note if he is cleared of any wrongdoing, can he legally get any compensation from these hippie animal rights groups for disrupting his business? I'm asking because I don't know all of the legalese for this type of cluster.

Good night and God bless!

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wonder if hunting lions here would be fine and dandy with the libtards? They sure as chit don't have a problem with it when it's humans.

[Linked Image]

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
If only people were half as upset about the Christians being beheaded as they were about Cecil.

Whether a person is conservative or liberal can almost always be answered by asking one question. Babies of bambies, which are you ok with killing?

Anyone remember the election in Zimbabwe a few years back where Mugabe's thugs pretty much tortured and killed the opposition. The world wasn't near as upset as they are about Cecil.

BTW wasn't there another famous Cecil in that part of the world a century or so ago?

Bb

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Sounds like they are signing a list (petition) of people that are not needed when the wall collapses

ps they will be unarmed

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TexasPhotog
If the landowner and PH didn't have permits, they'll be up a creek. And I bet the government in Zim will find something to charge Palmer with, even if he's legally absolved in the death of the lion.

I've seen outfitters in New Mexico do illegal things for hunters, and I've had hunters claim ignorance about NM game laws.

I always find it odd when someone pays a lot of money for a hunt then makes no effort to find out about a) the biology of the animal and b) what is and is not legal in the area they're hunting, but I've seen it happen a lot.

At the end of the day, the guy choose to hunt in Zim which is a country that is rife with corruption at every level. What is "legal" is kind of an abstract point, and will matter little on how he is treated.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FlaRick
"Cecil" didn't have much time left under any set of circumstances.

Exactly right..It sounds like taking that particular lion now is likely to improve the gene pool as a younger male will now take over..

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think bow hunting dangerous game with a bow, crossbow, spear, etc. is somewhat of a stung. While there have been countless members of the Big Five and the big bears taken with a bow, including those taken by Fred Bear whom I admire, I just deem it as adding an extra level of risk with a very high price for failure. I don't condemn it, but it's something I would never consider doing. An arrow kill is by blood loss and one of those huge animals can do a LOT of damage before their brains run out of O2.

Anyway, this is from Ivan Carter, a person with impeccable credentials:

CECIL THE LION
I have been bombarded with e mails, calls and texts about cecil the lion , I have seen many of the newsreels and I have spoken to several people who are truly in the know …some of the reporting is atrocious – here are the facts as I see them .

1- The lion was killed in an area where there was no lion on quota , which makes it a poaching incident – period .
2- There was an attempt to destroy the collar – why? This would lead me to believe that Palmer knew the facts – indeed he had a previous poaching conviction involving shooting a bear in an area with no permit.
3- In Zimbabwe it is not illegal to shoot a lion with a collar.
4- The property upon which the hunt took place was land that was involved in the Zimbabwe land redistribution….
5- I have no doubt that the landowner and hunting company and Ph knew exactly what was happening and they are directly involved in this POACHING incident.
6- Had this happened in an area with a valid quota , a 13 year old lion would have indeed been the perfect lion to hunt – beyond breeding , this lion at 13 years old was near the end of his life.

My thoughts…
I do not condone poachers , I ABHOR poaching – there is no difference between an incident like this and a rhino poacher in a national park - I believe that hunting when done within the boundaries of good ethics is the most incredible conservation tool – Incidents like these put a terrible light on hunters in general.

There are a lot of examples not just in Africa but all over the world where hunting and more specifically hunters dollars have funded the preservation , protection and enlarging of wildlife areas to the degree that species and wildlife have thrived. Sadly the emotionally motivated opinions and “politically correct” agendas often get in the way of any meaningful dialogue or solutions. Incidents like this fuel the fire, create a social media storm and paint all hunters in a terrible light – making it all the more difficult for good upstanding hunters to be heard and recognized for the good they do ...

A boundary is a boundary , I have no issue at all with a hunter shooting a lion in a bona fide concession where the lion is on quota – even if it is a named individual – UNLESS THE LAW OR ETHICS DICTATE OTHERWISE –

To all the hunters who are reading this , please know we as a body as a group are under the microscope , there has never been a time in history where its more important to do the right thing all the time, to hunt legally and ethically- to be ready and prepared to explain and educate - in this case I am pleased that this incident is being tried - it was ILLEGAL it was POACHING – that said its being given WAAAAY more coverage than it should be.

Last edited by jorgeI; 07/29/15.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

250 members (1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 29 invisible), 2,139 guests, and 913 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,515,003
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.