Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Because they are illegal, duh...

3rd grade response from a moron duly noted

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
curntdog4570: I think YOU have your "pricks" mixed up!
What kind of a "prick" needs to carry around a set of brass knuckles with them?
The arrestee has a hand in making the laws in his jurisdiction and HE violated them NOW its the POHLICE's fault - you sound like a typical chip on your shoulder urban welfare negro.
Worthless.
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Who rattled the cage of this idiot?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Wow, you're cunny must be extra touchy this morning to not understand a joke. I don't blame you for typing what your mother said to you every day of your life though. You can't help it.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Wow, you're cunny must be extra touchy this morning to not understand a joke. I don't blame you for typing what your mother said to you every day of your life though. You can't help it.

So what is your excuse all the time? Oh I know

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 4ager
The arrestee has a hand in making the laws in his jurisdiction and HE violated them NOW its the POHLICE's fault - you sound like a typical chip on your shoulder urban welfare negro.
Worthless.
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I always wonder if he really is the complete idiot he portrays online or if he is playing the part of an idiot?

On further thought, he is just an idiot.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Well, just be glad he wasn't arrested/charged here in Williamson County. As others have said, get a lawyer and don't skimp.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
shouldn't have been carry daddy paper weight around in the glove box. This would be my defense in court , judge they were just a paper weight from the office and i was taking them home to clean .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Roger.....tell him to go talk to the cop. If he doesn't like the end result of the conversation, hire a lawyer.

I can see this one being dealt with quickly, without a misd conviction resulting.

Of course, that may only work here in Yankeeland.......

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
Brass Knuckles are a felony in this state. 12020 Penal Code

Everything is a felony in Ca , except tofu & the rainbow flag

Mike

I think it is a misdemeanor, same as most other states...but carry on.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NH K9
Roger.....tell him to go talk to the cop. If he doesn't like the end result of the conversation, hire a lawyer.

I can see this one being dealt with quickly, without a misd conviction resulting.

Of course, that may only work here in Yankeeland.......

This should be the end of it unless there is more to the story. If he has been in a bunch of trouble of one sort or another then that's probably a deal breaker. Otherwise, fix it and move on from there.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sherp
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

It depends on the state's laws and/or whether or not the cop has probable cause to get a search warrant issued.

Unfortunately there is nothing prevent cops from intimidating er ah encouraging you from allowing them to perform a search without a warrant.

We've gone a long ways away from the constitution and police protecting and serving. Know your rights, be courteous, shut up and if needed lawyer up.

Police are no different than they were decades ago. It is a shame we have cell phone videos making people think that is the case.

Let me tell you why you are wrong. The police of yesteryear could pull over a drunk driver and instead of busting him, he had more options. I know cops of yesteryear who would park the car for the guy, then give the drunk a ride home instead of busting him, and making his life miserable.

Today if a cop does the same thing he opens himself up to dismissal, or future lawsuit. When that same driver gets drunk and kills somebody in a car accident, today lawyers will blame said cop becasue if he only would have busted him two years ago, his client would have got help...or the victim of the accident will sue him becasue he did not get said alcoholic off the roads.

So don't give me that shiiit Sherp, their are no difference between cops of today and cops of yesteryear, but most of those differences are society induced.

As far as the kid with brass knuckles go, his father should have only one reply, "son did you know brass knuckles were illegal? Then WTF were you doing driving around with a pair in your car"? But instead of seizing the learning moment, Dad has turned into a Little League father who is going to blame the cops and the methods they used, for finding his son's illegal knuckles. Instead of focusing on his son driving around with something illegal, he is going to turn it into a "my son was done wrong" moment. I see that as indicative of the society we have become.

My apologies stxhunter, I mean nothing personal here, I just think you are looking at this wrong. I think by you fighting this bust...well look, if the cops would have done everything they did, but came up empty, I would be more in support of your beef, but your son got caught, so teach him why he was wrong in this instance instead of focusing on the guys who caught him with something illegal in his car..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Please, DFTFT and don't quote that SOB - whether it posts as sherp, or SanSouci, or Raisuli, or Laguna (all the same person, and those likely aren't all their multiple trolling log-ins).

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Please, DFTFT and don't quote that SOB - whether it posts as sherp, or SanSouci, or Raisuli, or Laguna (all the same person, and those likely aren't all their multiple trolling log-ins).

Telling a troll (if he is a troll) why he is wrong is not feeding him. Reacting emotionally by blocking him or shouting names at him, feeds the troll and gives him fuel. Getting mad and reacting..well, you let the troll win.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Telling a troll (if he is a troll) why he is wrong is not feeding him. Reacting emotionally by blocking him or shouting names at him, feeds the troll and gives him fuel. Getting mad and reacting..well, you let the troll win.

I'm neither mad, nor dealing with him otherwise. Informing those that play with the little felonious (as in, previously convicted) POS as to who/what it is was the intent. Carry on.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I agree the cop was probably being a jerk to pick him up for that but legally that isn't going to get you anywhere as whether we agree with the law or not its still a law that the court will enforce if a cop files the complaint.

Paying the fine and moving on by getting a CHL is just about the worst thing that your step son could do as it would be pretty much impossible. How it is going to work out in reality is pay a $1500 fine, do 60-80 hours of community service, do one to two years of probation and then be barred from getting a CHL for 5 years from the date his probation ends.

This can be a very serious thing or it could be a slap on the wrist depending on what kind of an attitude your step son displays to the court and how good of a lawyer he has. If he shows up acting like he thinks its a BS charge then the court isn't going to cut him any slack. If he shows up acting like a good kid that made a mistake and has a good lawyer he can probably get a slap on the wrist via a pre-trial diversion program or pleading it down to something much less. At least here the pre-trial diversion will be something where they reschedule the court date for 60 days and the kid shows up with proof that he's done x amount of community service in the meantime and kept his grades up in exchange for the case being dismissed or they could let him plead it to a class C which is fine only and won't go on his permanent record or interfere with a CHL application. But if he shows up with an attitude or acts like its no big deal he's pretty much screwed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Worthless.
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Leave him be, Sean. It took me a lot of years here to come by my own pet imbecile. He trails me everywhere.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Kellywk
I agree the cop was probably being a jerk to pick him up for that but legally that isn't going to get you anywhere as whether we agree with the law or not its still a law that the court will enforce if a cop files the complaint.

Paying the fine and moving on by getting a CHL is just about the worst thing that your step son could do as it would be pretty much impossible. How it is going to work out in reality is pay a $1500 fine, do 60-80 hours of community service, do one to two years of probation and then be barred from getting a CHL for 5 years from the date his probation ends.

This can be a very serious thing or it could be a slap on the wrist depending on what kind of an attitude your step son displays to the court and how good of a lawyer he has. If he shows up acting like he thinks its a BS charge then the court isn't going to cut him any slack. If he shows up acting like a good kid that made a mistake and has a good lawyer he can probably get a slap on the wrist via a pre-trial diversion program or pleading it down to something much less. At least here the pre-trial diversion will be something where they reschedule the court date for 60 days and the kid shows up with proof that he's done x amount of community service in the meantime and kept his grades up in exchange for the case being dismissed or they could let him plead it to a class C which is fine only and won't go on his permanent record or interfere with a CHL application. But if he shows up with an attitude or acts like its no big deal he's pretty much screwed.

A good lawyer won't let it get to court.

And he's 27. Not 14.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Informing those that play with the little felonious (as in, previously convicted) POS as to who/what it is was the intent. Carry on.

Convicted of what? DFT doesn't tell me much.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What the hell is wrong with you, Barkoff? Yesterday you jumped my ass with a post that had nothing to do with my post you were responding to.

Now, you post as if you haven't read a word that Roger has typed on this thread.

You weren't always this way. What happened?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (2500HD, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 61 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,154
Posts18,484,287
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.