Campfire Member
A
Am so sorry for your loss
You and his family will be in my prayers tonight

ADK

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry to hear of your loss...that is tuff stuff...but it sounds like Gene was loved, and will be missed.....and that says a lot about the fella!

Prayers.

HoundGirl

Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.
-- Mark Twain

Part of me lives with the wind in my face,
while the other part is barely alive.

--Mary Gauthier
Elf Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thoughts and prayers sent your way.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He will be in my prayers tonite. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
May I offer my sympathies, and ask that God send blessings and strength to his family and yourself.

Lynn D

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to hear of your loss.
I will keep you along with his family in my prayers.

At times like this I am loss for words. The Bible says that for everything there is a season. I believe this is true. Even though we as humans feel this is a time for mourning, we also must understand this is a time of joy. Not because of the death, but because your friend has gone to meet his maker and is at peace. His life may have ended here on earth, but it has just begun in Heaven. He is in a better place and is starting new. No one knows why he had to leave earth, but God has his reasons as to why his time was up and was asked to leave.

Like I said I am not good with words, but I hope these last few I have written help in some way. God bless you and know your friend is just a memory away and is still alive as long as you keep his memory.

ThoughI don't know you, if you need to talk or anything, give me a buzz. I'll make the time to talk with you.

Enrique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry for your loss. The memories will stay with you.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
[color:"brown"]It is said that as long as YOU remember him, he'll never really be "gone"......................

And you'll never be "alone".

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What Mr. Ron said.. I now share with my kids what I was taught by those that have gone before me. Their memories and wisdom continue to live through me and hopefully through those I share it with.

Best to ya .. BP...

i

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted. [Ecclesiastes 3:12]

-----

Your loss is real and deeply felt, not only by you. Before we leave this place, we do well to invite the young as companions. They can't replace our old friends, but in their lives they might honor them.

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. -- Daniel Webster
IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Thanks Guys & Gal for the kind words and thoughts.

We'll tell stories about Gene for years to come though it will be bittersweet memories at times.

Yep...gotta get some young ones to camp to carry on our memories and traditions when the day comes. My son-in-law & daughter are not interested, but I'm working on the grandson, he's 4 years old. The other guys either don't have kids or they're awful young. My brother & I are the "Camp Elders" I reckon.

We've got a quiet place in the woods where we'll leave Gene and several of us will join him when the time comes. We'll be among our beloved mountains, elk, deer. bear, cougar and turkeys.

Thanks again.

Just one last thought......If you haven't been feeling right.......get yer ass to the doctor! Don't wait until it's too late. Please.

Take Care & Good Hunting All!

All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void. � Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. (2 Cranch) 137 (1803)
NRA LIfe Member
GOA
SAF
CCRKBA
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

643 members (1234, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 2,770 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,419
Posts18,528,269
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.