Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Trump is the only person in the GOP field of candidates who has generated enough enthusiasm to win in the general election. Cruz has his fans too. The rest of them are about as exciting as a pan of dishwater.

Trump isn't my ideal candidate. But he's on the right side of a lot of issues.

At best, he's going level the trade deficit playing field and generate some employment for the people,...maybe slow down illegal immigration quite a bit.

At worst, he's not going to be openly hostile to American values like the Democrats are.

I'll tell you what I think.

Trump threw his hat in the ring and started out with some very strong language on the illegal immigration issue. I think he was just seeing if it would play,...and it did.

Then the machine tried to purge him and it only made his popularity go up.

Now that he's seen what has transpired and how popular he has become, he's all in.

He's having a hell of a lot of fun. He's one of those hyper competitive people and stuff like this is what keeps him energized.

I don't think he's a saint. In fact, I suspect that in his business dealings he's probably been a stone cold azzhole at times.

But the Presidency would be the crowning achievement of his life, and I think that he would work his ass off to make it a positive thing both for himself and for America.

This is a huge challenge for him and if the people make him President, he's going to do as much as he is capable of to show them that they picked the right man for the job.

,...and it's probably not for *the people*, necessarily. But it's "win win".

Trump wants to demonstrate that he could be a damn good President just to satisfy his own ego. But to do that he's got to take care of America.

So I'm all for letting him stroke his ego if it means that doing so will benefit America.

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy

Trump isn't advocating single payer today. Here's what he said:

"It could have worked in a different age"

Anything else you want to say?
[/quote]

What age would that have been? 5 years ago, 10, or 15 years ago? When? [/quote]

Yes. Single payer would not have worked in any age.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Single payer healthcare isn't a part of Trump's plans.

That's the beginning and the end of it as far as the voting public is concerned.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I think you have a very good sum-up of Trump at this early stage in the election.
Except I don't see any “purge.” Just a lot of people disagreeing with the front-runner.
And Trump IS Neocon Central.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Except I don't see any “purge.” .

You never do. But it's as predictable as the sunrise.

The machine has its candidate.

Anyone who gets in the way is subject to an attempted purge by the political machine.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Anyone who gets in the way is subject to an attempted purge by the political machine.

So anyone who disagrees with Trump is part of your “purge”
Is Ron Paul now part of the “Machine”?

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

So anyone who disagrees with Trump is part of your “purge”
Is Ron Paul now part of the “Machine”?

No,...Ron Paul was purged himself. He disagrees with Trump on ideological grounds. But Ron Paul has no control over FOX, MSNBC, CNN or the networks. He has no influence with the RNC.

Political purges are orchestrated by the news sources which are the government's propaganda outlets.

Ron Paul is just a citizen with an opinion.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
My how times have changed...

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 08/22/15.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Originally Posted by wdenike
TRUTH!!!!! Puppets of the RNC, Along with Fox News gently incognito.

Take care, Willie

Well, for practical purposes in this election, there are only two political parties: Republican and Democrat. Since you are a evident critic of the Republican Party and since you apparently support for president a former Democrat and inveterate Clinton supporter who favors socialized medicine, may we presume you are a Demonrat? grin I see no other logical conclusion.

No azzhole just another pissed off voter tired of losers being shoved down the Americans throats!!! I don't have a love affair with any worthless empty suits. And welcome Trump, Carson, and Fiorena to the party. But it appears you walk in step with Rance Pepis, and the dick with ears Carl Rove. As for me it does me pleasure to see the whole bunch. With their dicks in their mouth. Not knowing whether to chew, suck, or spit it out. Let's be patient and see if all of the know it alls piss with Trump.

Take care, Willie

Last edited by wdenike; 08/22/15.

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
...But the Presidency would be the crowning achievement of his life, and I think that he would work his ass off to make it a positive thing both for himself and for America....

B,

I enjoy the hell out most everything you post....but I never pegged you for an optimist.

This website is full of people who bitch about city-people, crooked shysters, yankees, draft-dodgers, job-exporters, self-centered egotistical jerks, and generally low class mofos.

Somebody shows up who meets all of these criteria, runs for president, and has half the people on here in a swoon.

blush

I can't tell if Trump is a plant to make hillary look good, or JEB!

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't think he's a saint. In fact, I suspect that in his business dealings he's probably been a stone cold azzhole at times.

Just as long as he brings some of his,"stone cold azzhole" friends along,to do the countrys business.
I think we'll be fine..

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Sycamore

I can't tell if Trump is a plant to make hillary look good, or JEB!

Sycamore

Well,...he's been rhetorically slapping the hell out of both of them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He's not a plant.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Trump has supported a single payer system for years, have you guys been under a rock? His support for a single payer sustain is well established and has a strong base as a businessman. Here is your quote.

"If you can’t take care of your sick in the country, forget it, it’s all over. ... I believe in universal healthcare," Trump told CNN’s Larry King in October 1999.

and he is right! A health work force means workers who show up to work and are productive...Duh?

and .....

• "I would put forth a comprehensive health care program and fund it with an increase in corporate taxes, " Trump told The Advocate right before he dropped out of the race in February 2000.

• "The Canadian plan also helps Canadians live longer and healthier than America. … We need, as a nation, to reexamine the single-payer plan, as many individual states are doing," Trump writes in his 2000 book The America We Deserve.

Trump spews out all kinds of junk to "Chum" the base and the base eats it up without ever checking the facts.

Do some fact checking guys and you will see Trump is feeding you what you want to hear and in the process he is gutting your chances to be taken seriously.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
So there's what the commies think of Trump.

That's good enough for me.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"This website is full of people who bitch about city-people, crooked shysters, yankees, draft-dodgers, job-exporters, self-centered egotistical jerks, and generally low class mofos.

Somebody shows up who meets all of these criteria, runs for president, and has half the people on here in a swoon."

You know, Sycamore, you're sort of right. grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree with about 90% of what Trump has proposed, no candidate is going to be 100% in agreement with my concerns. We can work out the small stuff later if someone will actually lead this country out of the hole the azzhole lefties have dug.... and they will continue to dig deeper if left in power.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
"This website is full of people who bitch about city-people, crooked shysters, yankees, draft-dodgers, job-exporters, self-centered egotistical jerks, and generally low class mofos.

Somebody shows up who meets all of these criteria, runs for president, and has half the people on here in a swoon."

You know, Sycamore, you're sort of right. grin

grin

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (1minute, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,541
Posts18,472,864
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.