Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
If the women made it through the same standards as the men, same standards as it was before, congrats to both women and all the men. They earned it.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
I have no issue with them going to the course. Going to Indian country with a Spec Ops unit is a different story.

I know of the LT that made it, she sat at the table next to me when she went thru the Instrument phase of flight school. Her IP was a retired 160th pilot, had nothing but good things to say about her. A good friend of mine went to PLDC and flight school with her dad, a -64 driver. Jerry said he is a hard charger as well.

Even if they did lower the standards for the chicks to get thru, they still made it thru things that almost none of you could get thru.

Flame me all you want, I dont really care. I dont necessarily agree with cracks on the front lines, but its not my decision.

You hit it on the head 99% of these would wash out the first day... These Ladies did something in my 17yrs in the Army I never had a desire to do, these guy sitting here talking tough don't know half the truths. As of now the word on the street the guys that graduated said it was extremely hard some are saying probably one of the hardest ranger schools cause the RI were trying to get everyone to quit. They tried and tried and out of that class 90 plus guys 2 girls made it through... Also Deflave don't forget about the girls on the hot-shot crews fighting fires...

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Study after study has shown putting women mixed with men in combat is a very bad idea.

Ya, women in good shape in their prime estrogen years working in close proximity to exceptional and in-shape young men. What could possibly go wrong?

Over at Lackland AFB not far from where I'm at I'm told they had to put cameras in the stairwells of the training barracks, it seems these has become hot spots for quick hook-ups between the residents of different floors.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Over at Lackland AFB not far from where I'm at I'm told they had to put cameras in the stairwells of the training barracks, it seems these has become hot spots for quick hook-ups between the residents of different floors.

And the sick bastards want to watch?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
My unit spent 6 MONTHS in the field. Jorge,Kamo Gari Webster Parish and Woody and 4ager can attest to how much combat we were in,they read the reports. Stress levels are off any known scales and tensions between us were high as it was. Water was for drinking. Showers were monsoon rain or a waterfall,otw hygiene was very difficult. 100 lb+ rucksacks were our "house on yer back". WOMEN would NOT been welcome and a SEVERE detriment to unit morale and cohesiveness.

There's only one way this is going to play out.

They'll be put in the field. They will not do well.

No idea, how do the Israeli women do?

The casualty rates for units with women were SIGNIFICANTLY higher as the men exposed themselves more to protect the women when they should not and need not have. The women didn't set the world on fire with their combat abilities either. The Russians used them in WWII and canned the idea of women as frontline combat troops fairly quickly. The VC used women in indirect fire units (mortars and rockets) but not as frontline fighters. They learned early on.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
How much did they have to water it down for them to pass?

I'll accept they did the same course as the previous class.

As long as everybody else accepts bleeders make schitty cops, firemen, soldiers, sailors, pilots, politicians, and opinion givers.

(This list is not all inclusive.)

Dave

I took the local firefighter test and they had it dumbed down the first time and by the second it was just stupid. They got what they were set out to get. My BIL said they stood guard on the engine at a fire pretty good. He's since changed his mind after they told him to shut up.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jump school became a joke because of lowered standards

I'm not qualified to criticize the standards because I have never served in the military. That being said....

I attended a graduation ceremony at Fort Leonard Wood this past summer, my nephew, a newly-commissioned 1st Lt. in the Reserves, was graduating from an officer's field training course. Several women in the group of maybe thirty.

I'm recalling six sets of jump wings, four of them were worn by women. My nephew told me that, while he wanted to do it, he would have a hard time getting approved due to budget constraints as it is not essential for his MOS.

(FWIW, he's already been skydiving with my 82 yo mom grin)

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
They even went so far as to search for a lesbo woman of Indian heritage that was most unqualified for the job.
[Linked Image]

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey! I have a great, money-saving idea!

Instead of springing for expensive electric or natural gas to heat you home this Winter, just start burning pieces of your house. It's FREE!

smirk That makes about as much sense as women in combat.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Wouldn't it work just fine if they had an all-female unit of Rangers to fight together?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Impressive accomplishment ladies.

I expect my sandwich to be perfect and on my plate in under one minute from now on. No excuses.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
If females are ever allowed to actively participate in direct combat I can foresee a lot more medals being awarded to male soldiers posthumously.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like a lot of pee pee on the parade. I am proud of, and support ALL of our soliders. To these women I say WELL DONE.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Well I'll make this distinction, I admire these gals for giving it a go, I'm sure they play no part in the politics of it all, rather they are just reaching as high as they can reach.
They are full fledged participants in it. They are willing tools.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by BarryC
Hey! I have a great, money-saving idea!

Instead of springing for expensive electric or natural gas to heat you home this Winter, just start burning pieces of your house. It's FREE!

smirk That makes about as much sense as women in combat.

Isn't that what Obummer is doing when he pushes for this agenda.

I am not saying that the women did not deserve the positions but it does fit the current agenda of our goobrtment

Destroy from within.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Congrats to the gals. That's a big accomplishment.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
I have no issue with them going to the course. Going to Indian country with a Spec Ops unit is a different story.

I know of the LT that made it, she sat at the table next to me when she went thru the Instrument phase of flight school. Her IP was a retired 160th pilot, had nothing but good things to say about her. A good friend of mine went to PLDC and flight school with her dad, a -64 driver. Jerry said he is a hard charger as well.

Even if they did lower the standards for the chicks to get thru, they still made it thru things that almost none of you could get thru.

Flame me all you want, I dont really care. I dont necessarily agree with cracks on the front lines, but its not my decision.

You hit it on the head 99% of these would wash out the first day... These Ladies did something in my 17yrs in the Army I never had a desire to do, these guy sitting here talking tough don't know half the truths. As of now the word on the street the guys that graduated said it was extremely hard some are saying probably one of the hardest ranger schools cause the RI were trying to get everyone to quit. They tried and tried and out of that class 90 plus guys 2 girls made it through... Also Deflave don't forget about the girls on the hot-shot crews fighting fires...

I did some training with a gal on a hot shot crew from CA this year. I'm not in shape to speak of really, and I had 30 years or so on her.... but even in our heat and humidity, she never looked like her pulse ever rose..... while me, I held out all revolutions, and could keep going but was not enjoying it.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Angus1895
Sounds like a lot of pee pee on the parade. I am proud of, and support ALL of our soliders. To these women I say WELL DONE.

Audie Murphy was turned down by both the Navy and the Marines.
The Army was the only outfit that would take his enlistment.
Doubt he would have made it though Ranger training except on the rifle range, but he was one-hell-of a combat soldier.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Everyone keeps saying god help us when they allow women in combat arms units. Hell their been 31B females for yrs and I seen them in Afghanistan on patrols. Back in 09 one the Troops was coming from Deysie to Gardez they got caught up in a TIC they had a Female troop with them she got out of the truck and was laying down fire with the boys. ol 1Sg was telling her shoot over their shoot there she was rocking and rolling. Hell she got more trigger time than half the U.S Army does right now, in that incident one guy lost his leg and another lost his arm. I tell you those Cav boys were pretty damn proud of her... Now rewind to Iraq 2007 that same unit had a medic (male) freeze on them they hit an IED then a TIC Soldier's were down guys yelling for doc and this medic sat in the truck like a little bitch telling people he wasn't going to get out he wasn't going to die. They left him the truck but once they got back to the COP he was relegated to clinic duty.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Wouldn't it work just fine if they had an all-female unit of Rangers to fight together?

Rangers on PMS would be a terrible thing to face.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 35, 375sunrise, 7mm_Loco, 338Rules, 16 invisible), 1,472 guests, and 872 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,082
Posts18,501,649
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.