Hop To
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by eyeball
Hey, you really think WP and Ranger School has not been screwed by the PC crowd and your Hero's tool?

Eyeball,

they could cut the standards in half twice, and either one would still be more of an accomplishment than your Associate of Arts in phlebotomy and lab science.

Any Ranger grad would leave your ass in the dirt, including these two gals.

Now with your 33,500 posts, you might make queen of the typing pool, but I doubt even that, because your spelling is so schidtty! grin

Sycamore

Like I said, lay your mo on that from that which you blow.

Last edited by eyeball; 08/22/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Study after study has shown putting women mixed with men in combat is a very bad idea. Men take chances that they wouldn't if in the same position with other men, the result is higher casualties and a less effective force. There are duties which are non MOS related like emergency drills where evacuation of troops/sailors by manual strength is compromised. Male bonding and camaraderie is also compromised and favoritism towards the female takes place, deadly. Hygiene presents problems in extended and isolated scenarios. The costs to build quarters and separate sexes isn't cost effective.

Other issues also arise:

http://www.stripes.com/news/navy-seeks-to-combat-high-rate-of-unplanned-pregnancies-1.203122

http://www.cmrlink.org/content/ship...of_health_issues_for_women_on_submarines

Leftist dopes don't understand our military is for fighting and winning wars, period. It isn't about social experiments and equal opportunity. And again, how about the draft? Women at 18 should be forced to sign up for Selective Service, right?

This pretty well sums up the whole deal in a nut shell. And IMO the same problem would/can/does occur with the gay pop. as well.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Im beginning to understand now. Sheep dont talk back.

I can live without mutton, but not without a woman.

Not saying they should be in a fox hole with a bunch of horny suckers trying to get in the sugar bowl.

Be some fraggin going on for sure.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have no issue with them going to the course. Going to Indian country with a Spec Ops unit is a different story.

I know of the LT that made it, she sat at the table next to me when she went thru the Instrument phase of flight school. Her IP was a retired 160th pilot, had nothing but good things to say about her. A good friend of mine went to PLDC and flight school with her dad, a -64 driver. Jerry said he is a hard charger as well.

Even if they did lower the standards for the chicks to get thru, they still made it thru things that almost none of you could get thru.

Flame me all you want, I dont really care. I dont necessarily agree with cracks on the front lines, but its not my decision.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Which one gets pregnant first? Is there a pool?

Originally Posted by Sycamore

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48

I've seen your picture, laffin, ugly mofo,you ain't worth $5

You just proved two points.

1.) You're a liar.

2.) You're a bleeder. (envious type)

Travis

Looks like you are the liar:

No PM sent, and
I am no longer a bleeder.

GFY.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by RobJordan

^^^^+1000 You really have to feel sorry for any woman who has the misfortune to come in contact with DeFlave. At least his wife can leave if she wants. I sincerely hope no daughter has the misfortune of being born to him.

The cunnys are out en masse tonight

Last edited by Steelhead; 08/22/15.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My unit spent 6 MONTHS in the field. Jorge,Kamo Gari Webster Parish and Woody and 4ager can attest to how much combat we were in,they read the reports. Stress levels are off any known scales and tensions between us were high as it was. Water was for drinking. Showers were monsoon rain or a waterfall,otw hygiene was very difficult. 100 lb+ rucksacks were our "house on yer back". WOMEN would NOT been welcome and a SEVERE detriment to unit morale and cohesiveness.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
I have no issue with them going to the course. Going to Indian country with a Spec Ops unit is a different story.

I know of the LT that made it, she sat at the table next to me when she went thru the Instrument phase of flight school. Her IP was a retired 160th pilot, had nothing but good things to say about her. A good friend of mine went to PLDC and flight school with her dad, a -64 driver. Jerry said he is a hard charger as well.

Even if they did lower the standards for the chicks to get thru, they still made it thru things that almost none of you could get thru.

Flame me all you want, I dont really care. I dont necessarily agree with cracks on the front lines, but its not my decision.

Hawk, i really would like to know if you think many of the male apps who were scrubbed out are physically inferior, or is the scoring based on physical and intellectual capability.

I have difficulty believing there werent several male applicants scrubbed who arent superior physically.
Im smelling PC BS.
Thanks, eye.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well I'll make this distinction, I admire these gals for giving it a go, I'm sure they play no part in the politics of it all, rather they are just reaching as high as they can reach. If they did water down the course to make it easier to pass for these women, then that is wrong, no less than when fire depts and police depts do the same. But I give these two credit, they want to serve with some of the best, and they were willing to endure punishment, I'll give them my admiration for that, I'm sure they neither asked for or wanted any special treatment.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Most of the scoring is based on how well they do while in a leadership position during an infantry patrol and while under serious sleep deprivation. It used to be fairly common for a young healthy 11B to lose 20 or more pounds during the course.
Peer evaluations are a big part of it too. Every member is graded by the other members of his platoon. If you're a dirtbag who goes to sleep on guard or steals food or doesn't pull your weight the peer evals will get you.

Last edited by dodgefan; 08/22/15.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by RobJordan

^^^^+1000 You really have to feel sorry for any woman who has the misfortune to come in contact with DeFlave. At least his wife can leave if she wants. I sincerely hope no daughter has the misfortune of being born to him.

The cunnys are out en masse tonight

This leads me to believe some regard cunnies with distaste, and makes me wonder what kind of cunnies some been tasting. smile

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Well I'll make this distinction, I admire these gals for giving it a go, I'm sure they play no part in the politics of it all, rather they are just reaching as high as they can reach. If they did water down the course to make it easier to pass for these women, then that is wrong, no less than when fire depts and police depts do the same. But I give these two credit, they want to serve with some of the best, and they were willing to endure punishment, I'll give them my admiration for that, I'm sure they neither asked for or wanted any special treatment.

Well said. But as was mentioned I don't see them enhancing a unit. But I admire them nonetheless

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
My unit spent 6 MONTHS in the field. Jorge,Kamo Gari Webster Parish and Woody and 4ager can attest to how much combat we were in,they read the reports. Stress levels are off any known scales and tensions between us were high as it was. Water was for drinking. Showers were monsoon rain or a waterfall,otw hygiene was very difficult. 100 lb+ rucksacks were our "house on yer back". WOMEN would NOT been welcome and a SEVERE detriment to unit morale and cohesiveness.

There's only one way this is going to play out.

They'll be put in the field. They will not do well.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In flight school, we flew down to Eglin and picked up the Ranger candidates after they finished the swamp phase. A grimier, smellier bunch you can not imagine crawling into a Huey.

Dont know the particulars on the standards for women while at the RTB. You guys can sit back and laugh at them taking 2 or 3 tries to get thru. These chicks attempted to do something that a very small percentage of the population will ever attempt to do. The 1LT, since graduating high school, spent 4 years at West Point, went thru flight school and went to the Ranger course. She is a hard charger. Its easy to sit back and throw darts when your ass is sitting on a couch or in front of a computer.

I dont agree with lower standards for chicks or minorities. But, its the world we live in, I didnt make the rules or care for it. I certainly dont agree with having chicks at the FLOT or beyond.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
your going to go and hurt Peter puffers feelings. Bet one more surgery and he will be an honorary bleeder.

My money is on the bleeder on the left she's kinda cute.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver

Makes sense to me

No schidt! +1

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jorge, were you still flying when Lt. Hultgreen was killed...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tjm10025

No idea, how do the Israeli women do?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by tjm10025

No idea, how do the Israeli women do?

Really? You can't understand the difference betwixt our military and Israel's.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1minute, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,373 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,540
Posts18,472,850
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.