Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They know who to stop and who NOT to stop

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick
No big deal other than being detained for hours while your vehicle is stripped back to primer. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

They can't do that without a search warrant, or consent to search signed by the driver.

The warrant can only be had with the proper probable cause.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 66niteowl

A good interdiction officer stops as many violations as they have time for and knows, within 30 seconds, whether they are going to send them on their way or need to dig further. It's not hard to tell when something is wrong with the driver. The question is...what? They're not out there to catch people with unpaid parking tickets, but they'll act the same as somebody with a body in the trunk.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't get what the big deal is about meth. It should be a personal choice to install ordinary commonly available products into one's body if they choose, especially when they're not really addictive and such.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
I used to live in Enterprise, AL had Texas tags on my truck, since I was on active duty, and was never stopped one time.

Guess I didnt fit the "profile".

Either that, or you used your fuggin turn signal and didn't give the cops cause to throw you to the curb?
laugh laugh laugh

In that case, lotsa blue/white plates travelin' through there are in for a BIG surprise... (MNs never - well, rarely - use turn signals when changin' lanes)...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
I don't get what the big deal is about meth. It should be a personal choice to install ordinary commonly available products into one's body if they choose, especially when they're not really addictive and such.

That just made me choke on my coffee! laugh

(which I am severely addicted to.....)

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 66niteowl

Yup. Folks who violate traffic laws are right at the top of the list. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
She is not a very good Dumbocrat because if she was she would have just told the Officer

Nothing to see here it's just for the kids.

Good bust hope they make more of them

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Speaking of dope and cars, this is everyday in Sullivan City, Texas.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looked like the camera was on the doper's car.

Where is Sullivan City?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

That just made me choke on my coffee! laugh

(which I am severely addicted to.....)

Ed

wink

Like they say in Alaska, "All's well that ends legal"……I think that's the motto now.

There was a public meeting this past week for the purpose of discussing Pot Regulations. As I recall, one part of the argument that the legalizers put forth in getting their initiative passed was that it would be better to have it regulated and taxed (which would be a benefit in so many ways…bla, bla, bla.) Well, you guessed it. They were arguing at this meeting over the percentage of tax proposed to be levied and the dope supporters argued that the higher level would be oppressive and drive business elsewhere. Meanwhile, the local govt folks weren't crazy about the idea of a tax that basically broken even or worse since regulating the stuff might possibly place additional burden on local taxpayers. The obvious solution, of course, would be to have the growers lower their prices so that whatever percentage of tax they decide on will produce less revenue, thereby pissing off the tax collectors while keeping the buyers happy.

What were these guys thinking when they wanted it legalized anyway. Did they not look at what the state and municipalities take for the (legal) sales of alcohol and tobacco?

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
RWE Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
What were these guys thinking when they wanted it legalized anyway.

They were high when they were thinking about it..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Looked like the camera was on the doper's car.

Where is Sullivan City?

West of Mission...South Texas, right on the river, a major crossing area for the Zetas and Gulf Cartels. There are several pursuits of heavily loaded dope vehicles every day. They always aim for a "splashdown", back in the river. If they get in the water, they can't be arrested.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
No big deal other than being detained for hours while your vehicle is stripped back to primer. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

LOL, they'd have to be at the bottom of the gene pool to want to strip mine....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I'd have to say its a shame that this country has come down to the point where folks won't obey traffic laws simply because "THEY" don't like em or thing they should not have to.

When same leads to other finds, folks get bent. Amazes me.

Evidently Moms lincoln fits some kind of profile, been pulled over a couple of times driving her somewhere. I suspect they start laughing about the time they see the two passengers... have never even seen a ticket book come out.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
When I read the title of your post I almost knew it had to be here. Probably 90% of the drug busts on the I-10 corridor here are initiated following "an improper lane change", i.e. no blinker. It doesn't really matter if you used your blinker or not once the stop is initiated.

If you are traveling through south Alabama with Texas plates, you will be profiled. Just another side effect from Obama's open border policy.

A couple of years ago I was traveling I-20 east in Alabama with an old high school buddy in his Jeep. Texas plates of course. We stop to eat. Waitress takes order, then another "waitress"comes over, real friendly, sits down in our booth, blocking me in and obstructing my view of the parking lot. Keeps asking were we're going, who we're going to see, ect.

I manage to get where I can see the parking lot, there's uniformed people going through our vehicle. Minutes later a uniform comes in, gets her eye and shakes his head. She losses interest in us and leaves.

Guess if they had found something, that would have gone down as a "traffic stop".

Last edited by websterparish47; 08/24/15.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Damn good stop, Trooper.

Agreed. Give him a raise.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Would you be singing the same tune if a meth addict killed your family on the freeway after smoking a bunch of meth?

Last edited by okok; 08/24/15.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm pretty sure he was joking. It takes a really depraved individual to ever try meth. It's not like people "graduate" to it like most other drugs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm pretty sure Klik is all to familiar with the social ills of substance abuse and hence his comment was just a wee bit sarcastic in nature.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 1moredeer, 17CalFan, 1234, 54 invisible), 3,200 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,663
Posts18,534,077
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.