Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 21 1 2 17 18 19 20 21
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Carrizo Springs or Eagle Pass, I'll have to ask him to be sure. Or is the question where presently can you get away with having rounds other than the issue Golden Sabre in your spare magazines? It appears the state of Texas is not going to require a change from the 40 to 9MM anyway.

Last edited by Palidun; 12/07/16.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Palidun
Carrizo Springs or Eagle Pass,

They'd probably let you carry a slingshot and a pocket full of stones in those two schit holes.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sadly for some, not everyone will embrace the 38 Special Rimless Short. I am apparently not intuitive enough to grasp why this disturbs people.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This thread has gone silly. How many are currently working for an accredited law enforcement agency that uses wound ballistic work shops with FBI protocol testing to compare ammunition for duty selection and purchase? Of those, how many even participated in a workshop??

If you are not current, or never have, what does it matter, or how does it apply to you, unless you are being shot at by someone who is a current le officer.

About as silly as people bitching and moaning over the current weapons the military selects, when those same people are no longer in the military, or never were.

If you are not, you are free to go out in your back 40, to test whatever you like, however you like, to make a personal choice. You can even base your choice on pictures and words on the ammo box. The development of FBI protocols, the LE work shops, and competition by ammo manufacturers to meet those standards, have indeed been a blessing to the LE community. But those are LE needs and LE standards. Yours likely are not and may vary.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
GaryVA,
Do you know where you are? You are on a forum in the internet, everything will be ok. grin

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep, and I am not even drinking. Guess I'm just as bad, bitching and moaning about those who are bitching and moaning.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No offense taken Gary. I see it like this- with the paying of taxes comes the automatic right to question what that money is being spent on.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by SargeMO
No offense taken Gary. I see it like this- with the paying of taxes comes the automatic right to question what that money is being spent on.

this is an excellent remark.

in addition, in my opinion it must be kept in mind that nearly all of the progress/advances within so many of these fields come from the efforts of the civilian sector...

despite the above, i almost always do enjoy Gary's posts and insight--they are typically very well thought out and set forth in writing...

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow, I'm free at last in the back 40, been waitin' on this day of glory. How about an LE workshop in hittin' something that actually needs hittin' in less than 17 rounds?

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
16 warning shots should be enough.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never been in the military, probably too old to ever be, now. I do have concerns about the equipment those folks are issued. They deserve the best tools we can give them. Money, my taxes, is also an issue to be considered.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by 5thShock
Wow, I'm free at last in the back 40, been waitin' on this day of glory. How about an LE workshop in hittin' something that actually needs hittin' in less than 17 rounds?

Law enforcement firearms training and qualifications are weak without a doubt.To keep things in check, bad guys shoot back and move when getting shot at. It's fairly easy to stand in front of a stationary target and slow fire tight groups

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by bea175
The more I shoot the nine the better I like it. My first choice in a carry gun today is my Glock 19

I can't get a good two hand grip on a 19, too damn little, the old 21 was okay.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"FBI Says 9mm Is The Best Pistol Round"

I think what they really said was the 9mm was as effective in stopping as the other rounds, and given the increase in capacity of a 9mm handgun to a similarly-sized 40 S&W or 45 ACP handgun, the advantage goes to the 9mm.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I was in the ARMY back in 1974. The Military Police were issued 1911 45 acp handguns.
The women were issued 38 special revolvers.
It seems like not much has changed.
Women want to do a man's job even when they are clearly not capable.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, the military should move away from "most effective" as our criteria for weapons and ammunition, and instead fall back to Vietnam-era perceptions of "manliness?"

NOT

John Stark.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gunner500
The more I shoot the nine the better I like it. My first choice in a carry gun today is my Glock 19

I can't get a good two hand grip on a 19, too damn little, the old 21 was okay.
Sounds like you need a 17. The Gen Fours have interchangeable back straps for any size hand.

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
The 9mm like and other handgun round depends on the bullet you use, just how effective it is as a defense round.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The 9mm like and other handgun round depends on the bullet you use, just how effective it is as a defense round.

"Bullets matter more than headstamps."

Heard that somewhere...

John Stark.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I agree with GaryVA, law enforcement, military tested and made decisions based on a plethora of reasons. We can dissect these decisions into minutia as old men sometimes do, but it is what it is. I like the 9mm with good bullets, I like the 45 as well but the 9 is fine for lots of reasons. Again just another old mans opinion. I will be taking another training class in January and will use a G43 that is a carry gun that works well for me.

Page 19 of 21 1 2 17 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

105 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 18 invisible), 1,625 guests, and 977 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,916
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.