Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by David_Walter
In my experience, women are less likely to always use only the brute force solution. Brute force is good when it's good, but predictable when overused, and that's bad.

I know jack [bleep] about the Special Operations world or the requirements.

Except, women are now a fact in Spec Ops, and you'd better learn how to adapt to that and incorporate whatever strengths they bring.

Ditto ground combat. It's going to happen, how can you best use them to add to your combat power?

I don't know. But someone better.

Was that your answer to my 2 questions?

Do you have anything better than that and more specific to my questions?

Islam is a terrorist organization.

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Now for the haymaker. It would change forever how men would have to actually think and behave. Enemy female soldier is coming. hand to hand combat has arrived. All of the old ways of thinking of chivalrous behavior and striking women would be destroyed. You will bayonet her in the guts or throat or smash her face in with a rifle butt or your helmet. You may have to disembowel her with you e-tool or combat knife and smash her face and head into mush with your boot then be ready to do it again to the next one coming. You would have to adjust thinking to what would happen if your daughter was the soldier in question. WTF do you think battle/combat is???? I could do it. Could you?? Would you??

This is one of the many reasons I am a proponent of domestic violence.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Now for the haymaker. It would change forever how men would have to actually think and behave. Enemy female soldier is coming. hand to hand combat has arrived. All of the old ways of thinking of chivalrous behavior and striking women would be destroyed. You will bayonet her in the guts or throat or smash her face in with a rifle butt or your helmet. You may have to disembowel her with you e-tool or combat knife and smash her face and head into mush with your boot then be ready to do it again to the next one coming. You would have to adjust thinking to what would happen if your daughter was the soldier in question. WTF do you think battle/combat is???? I could do it. Could you?? Would you??
Relive a few choice moments with my first wife first, then....yes, I could do it.

Hang on to your memories; they're better than the real thing ever was - Joe Sherlock

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You will bayonet her in the guts or throat or smash her face in with a rifle butt or your helmet. You may have to disembowel her with you e-tool or combat knife and smash her face and head into mush with your boot then be ready to do it again to the next one coming.

Don’t feel bad, they have a higher pain threshold.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Barry,

Are you implying that one woman's experience is representative of all women?

Is so, do you further "deduce" that since the washout rate among men in Ranger school is very high, that men are not cut out to be Rangers?

Your "logic" is idiotic.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think women will be intimidating in combat.

I seen one bleed for 5 days without dying.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Barry,

Are you implying that one woman's experience is representative of all women?

Is so, do you further "deduce" that since the washout rate among men in Ranger school is very high, that men are not cut out to be Rangers?

Your "logic" is idiotic.

David, thank's for demonstrating that you are not even capable of doing simple math.

Prior to this class, the wash out rate for women in Ranger School was 100%. In this class that graduated 2 it was still 89%. If you can't see the difference between these washout rates and that of men, you powers of observation are seriously lacking.

You still haven't answered my question regarding the last time a woman under your command volunteered to hump the M-60/M240. I wonder if that's because you don't have any in your TOE?

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 08/24/15.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
If anyone really paid attention to the 2 posts I made, they MAY have a clue. I have fought in 4 battles and more damn firefights than I care to remember. We STAYED in the field. Our BC at that time was sharp. He relieved Platoon leaders and Company Commanders on the spot for making stupid moves that got MANY men killed-stupidly. Sometimes the Gooks would make the on the spot corrections but that usually meant other men died too. There are NO recycles, alibis or excuses. You are there for a long run and you either live or die. You kill or be killed. INSTANT removal of incompetence HAS to be the norm. Political correctness CANNOT EVER BE A FACTOR and "ring knocker" female Ranger qualified would give that phrase a whole new meaning Just TRY to relieve one of them for fuqking up.

So what you are saying is its not as much the women in combat thats the issue with women in combat, its how the .gov side in command handles the situations with them in a combat role.

Makes sense to me.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dave,
You said they had advantages over men. I asked you to provide specific instances of where we lost fewer American lives in combat than otherwise.

You also said women are more durable. Please cite evidence.

Please cite evidence of how their supposed higher pain threshold saved American lives in combat.

As far as my example, how does that woman differ from other women? Do most other women lack feminine parts? How would another woman's outcome be different? Are you saying the example was a poor exception?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Many don't get that life is life. I"d have no problem killing a women with a rock if need be.

If the ones that apply and are chosen are done correctly, then those women could kill with a rock or be killed with a rock, matters not one bit.

I don't get the fact that so many hold the women in some form or fashion of higher esteem and then demand a sammich.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by rost495
I don't get the fact that so many hold the women in some form or fashion of higher esteem and then demand a sammich.

Anyone demanding a sammich is not holding them in any kind of "esteem".

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There are myriad writings out there, both foreign and domestic on the subject. That said I invite you to read this book:

Weak Link, The Femenization of the US Military.

Why Women Can't Fight, James Webb Naval Institute Proceedings

"On Board the USS Mike Boorda" Proceedings, 1996/

There are (obviously) some women that can meet physical standards at the bare end of the bell curve. But that is academic. What you fail to understand is the DYNAMIC, based in biology they bring into the mix, completely eradincating unit cohesion, interaction and discipline. That said, why do I feel I'm pissing up a rope...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Trump: I Would Support Women in Combat Roles
8/23/15 Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said Friday that he would support women in military combat roles, but would follow that advice from his military advisers "because I would want to hear that without a political bent."

"The answer is yes because they're really into it," the billionaire businessman told Chris Cuomo on CNN. "And some of them are really, really good at it.

"I would really speak to the generals, because I would want to hear that without a political bent," Trump cautioned. "To the public, they say, 'yes, yes, yes,' but I would want to hear it without the political bent."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Donald-Trump-Women-in-Combat/2015/08/21/id/671325/#ixzz3jkwXkguK

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
'Sniper,

There are no m60s in my current TOE.

However, in the last unit I commanded, we had an EOD flight with those and the Barrett light 50.

My EOD flight commander, a 4'11" woman, used to hump them all the time.

Does that prove or disprove anything?

And my math skills are fine. Barry's implication was that women are unsuitable because large numbers wash out. Large numbers of men wash out, too.

I think you're all missing the point, perhaps purposely. While you have the luxury of disparaging these Rangers, I have the reality of having to make these and any other women effective in the roles to which they are assigned.

You're talking. I'm doing. And it doesn't matter what you say, I'm going to give these ladies, these volunteers while 99% of the male population does not volunteer, every opportunity to prove themselves and to succeed.

I'm going to switch off of this thread now. As the Ranger Major said earlier, you could have been there the whole time and still would not have given these officers the courtesy of recognizing their accomplishment.

That's pathetic.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by RobJordan

DeFlave announcing yet again (for those one or two folks here who did not already know grin ) why he is single, divorced man with whom women will have absolutely nothing to do.

Jordan

I'm married.

But in your defense, she is Polish.

Dave

Classic!

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by rost495

Anyone demanding a sammich is not holding them in any kind of "esteem".

Its certainly saying that you don't have the intelligence or capability to make said sammich, and as such have to defer to them for the process to be completed satisfactorily.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
'Sniper,

There are no m60s in my current TOE.

However, in the last unit I commanded, we had an EOD flight with those and the Barrett light 50.

Does that prove or disprove anything?

And my math skills are fine. Barry's implication was that women are unsuitable because large numbers wash out. Large numbers of men wash out, too.

I think you're all missing the point, perhaps purposely. While you have the luxury of disparaging these Rangers, I have the reality of having to make these and any other women effective in the roles to which they are assigned.

You're talking. I'm doing. And it doesn't matter what you say, I'm going to give these ladies, these volunteers while 99% of the male population does not volunteer, every opportunity to prove themselves and to succeed.

I'm going to switch off of this thread now. As the Ranger Major said earlier, you could have been there the whole time and still would not have given these officers the courtesy of recognizing their accomplishment.

That's pathetic.

David, again you obfuscate. There was an earlier class with 19 female Ranger Candidates, and all 19 failed. Out of this class of 18, only 2 passes.

2/37 is 5%. That is a full magnitude different then the near 50% pass rate for men.

Since you are an officer, let me break this down for you.

5% does not equal 50%.

So explain to me how sending 10 times the number of women through Ranger School to get the same number of graduates as their male counter parts is a reasonable expenditure of our tax dollar? Again, you've become such a political creature as you rose though the officer ranks you are no longer capable of doing a simple cost/benefit analysis.

As for volunteering, you seem to forget. I did volunteer.

As for you making the most with what you have, you don't have a choice in the matter. You have to play the hand you are dealt. If the Air Force decided to send you tangled mess of misfits, it might suck to be you, but it doesn't change your mission, just your opportunities for success.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Come out, come out Hadji! Me love you long time!"

I guess deception is a legitimate part of spec ops warfare. You gotta work with what you got after all.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Finally gettin' somewhere in this conversation.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
it is quite interesting to see the different viewpoints as i was having this discussion last week with a retired senior grade officer been all over the world in various capacities that i won't disclose, a lot of time in the middle east. Another one in the discussion was a retired captain in the navy, and a subguy. The senior grade officer commented on the female officer that was with him all over the middle east. All said the sex part wasn't as important as the ability to do the job. That also extended over to the gay thing, in that in the sub role people knew part of the crew was gay, but if they were doing the job, they were doing the job.
I would'nt expect many women, but some, could complete these courses, but if they can, they can.
I will always remember years ago running into this good looking blonde teaching a emt course through a local fire department. She was a firefighter too. She was pretty impressive and i am pretty sure would have made short work of most people reading these words, if pressed to a physical competition or otherwise. There aren't a lot of men that can pass these physical tests, probably by far a lot fewer woman. But as all three guys said, if they can, who cares?
They have been in some cases already in combat. Such as the shorter than five foot female m.p. we were sending cookies too in iraq a few years ago, that was a m.p. in falluagh(sorry for the spelling). She was already taking a role you wouldn't expect for the average female.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 08/24/15.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

239 members (308xray, 2ndwind, 35WhelenNut, 30Gibbs, 338Rules, 32 invisible), 2,125 guests, and 1,116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,863
Posts18,478,602
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.