Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 49 1 2 3 4 5 6 48 49
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I hate those Christians making me pray, go to church, no drinking, jail time for cussing, prison for breaking the laws against robbing, raping, pillaging. Hows a guy supposed to have any fun.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Bible writting uneducated camel jocks hearding sheep a few thousand years ago just made lucky guesses about Judah regaining its homeland, being carried to safety as by the wings of an eagle (yam kippor war (sp)), Arabs massing to push them into the sea, numbers of worthless treaties with them, good becoming evil and evil good, and all nations on earth finally turning against Judah and Jerusalem. Oh yeah, and some being too blind to see.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
A skeptic would just admit, "I don't know". This may be the most honest position a person could take.
That would be the most skeptical position a person could take. Those with faith would likely take another. It's not a question of honesty, but a question of capacity. Those without faith do not have the capacity to believe for a miracle, unless that event gives them to faith to do so.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
A skeptic would just admit, "I don't know". This may be the most honest position a person could take.
That presumes you know all that is possible. That's impossible. wink

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Come on CCCC, you've tried to convince me before.
You bring it on yourself.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
People often look for evidence (or lack of it) that supports what they already believe...and they filter out anything to the contrary.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
once the human species is fully defined, the God or the lack thereof will be much easier to parse out.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I see evidence in the fulfilling of Bible prophesy. Some will be sweating in Hell and still deny there is a Heaven, because they havent seen it. wink

Last edited by eyeball; 08/27/15.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Originally Posted by Snyper
There is evidence for one of those theories

The science community always has it all figured out, eh?

No one has claimed they get everything right the first time, except the "religious".
There are more people in the world who are not "Christians" than those that are, so it seems arrogant to think they are all wrong and you are correct.

You are free to believe anything you like, but that doesn't mean it's real

Matthew 7:13-14New International Version (NIV)

The Narrow and Wide Gates
13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Some Atheists seem to be just as passionate about their Atheistic beliefs as others are about their Christian beliefs. They zealously defend their Atheistic beliefs, as others zealously defend their Christian beliefs. Christians cannot prove God's existence, and Atheists cannot dis-prove God's existence.

I think in many instances it's not being passionate about being an atheist, it's being tired of being told who/what/when/where by Christians.

I can understànd where you're coming from. Many people's animosity and disdain isn't so much directed at God Himself, but at those who claim to be His followers.

I really think people who like to believe that are fooling themselves. Jesus told the people of his day that if they hated the Son, they hated the Father as well and that if anyone was going to throw in with him they should expect the world to hate them as it hated him. So no one should be a hypocrite and say you would love and believe in God if he had better followers. I don't buy it, that is utter horse crap. My experience with believers runs the gamut from awesome to miserable but it changes nothing about my belief. If you don't believe in God, hate the concept of him, and want to be an "atheist" just own it, and don't make excuses. Be a man and pick your side.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by JMR40

Yes, I'm a Christian, but frankly I'm embarrassed by most of my fellow believers. The church must first get it's act together before they can have any credibility.

Most conservatives sold their soul to the devil in the late 1970's in order to get Reagan elected. Since then they have stopped doing Gods work and became a PAC for the Republican party.

[Linked Image]

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Honest people can be mistaken, this includes both theists and atheists.

Wisdom comes from understanding the true depth of ones ignorance, that there is a difference between "knowing" something to be true, and "believing" something to be true. One requires faith, the other does not.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by RJY66
Some Atheists seem to be just as passionate about their Atheistic beliefs as others are about their Christian beliefs. They zealously defend their Atheistic beliefs, as others zealously defend their Christian beliefs. Christians cannot prove God's existence, and Atheists cannot dis-prove God's existence.

I think in many instances it's not being passionate about being an atheist, it's being tired of being told who/what/when/where by Christians.

I can understànd where you're coming from. Many people's animosity and disdain isn't so much directed at God Himself, but at those who claim to be His followers.

I really think people who like to believe that are fooling themselves. Jesus told the people of his day that if they hated the Son, they hated the Father as well and that if anyone was going to throw in with him they should expect the world to hate them as it hated him. So no one should be a hypocrite and say you would love and believe in God if he had better followers. I don't buy it, that is utter horse crap. My experience with believers runs the gamut from awesome to miserable but it changes nothing about my belief. If you don't believe in God, hate the concept of him, and want to be an "atheist" just own it, and don't make excuses. Be a man and pick your side.

Well said. Calling Jesus Christ a liar because Believers arent perfect is stupid will make a flimsy excuse.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Are Atheists more honest than Christians?

How could atheists possibly be more honest......when they don't know the TRUTH?

I don't know is more honest then "My magic friend did it."

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by muffin
Answer the question of '...Who, what, where, did/does the concept of honest/dis-honest, right/wrong, or truth/lie originate with/from?...' and you will be more able to answer your question....IMHO

It did not originate from the Christian God.

Do you really think the Hebrews didn't know it was not acceptable to adulter, murder and give false testimony in court before the non-historical story of Moses and the 10 Commandments?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by MojoHand

One, because it is a matter of pure 'faith' (belief without or in the face of facts) how do you regard your version as any better or 'truer' than another's?

Two, (and this is the big, important one for me) how does your 'faith' then make you a better person? Because most Religious people I've met end up using their beliefs to judge others and make themselves feel superior--sometimes 'innocently' and often maliciously.

In the end, both atheists and Christians have the same evidence for God/gods...none. The Christian chooses to believe anyway and tries to convince you it's fact. The atheists chooses no belief and doesn't try to convince you of anything.

Who's more honest?"

So, if a Christian has faith and tries to tell you about it, are they being dishonest? Or is it only when they try to convince you of it are they being dishonest.

Does it mean that when you start up the discussion about Christianity being dishonest, whereby you pretty much prompt people to argue why they believe, subsequently you classify them as trying to convince you of their position, and further you classify them, by your logic, as being dishonest, that in the long run, you're just being a disingenuous troll?

Circular arguments go both ways.

No bullshit.

By the way, faith doesn't make me better. It just makes me, me.

If for some reason you feel that faith makes a person better - that's your problem?

As for the rest of your innuendo, i.e. "Because most Religious people I've met end up using their beliefs to judge others and make themselves feel superior--sometimes 'innocently' and often maliciously.", sorry you met those folks. It's obvious that they guide your opinion. Kind of sad really.

What's more honest, to say "I don't know", or to make up an answer when you have a total lack of evidence, or an answer that fly's in the face of the evidence, because of your "faith" in a magic friend?

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So you are saying unless I can provide a physical fact to justify faith, its dishonest?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Anyone that believes all this (as far as we can see) was NOT created......requires much more faith than Christianity.

It all this has 'always been', don't you thoughtful and kind evolutionists have to believe a superior being would have 'evolved' in all these trillions of years?

Infinity in time and space requires that every possible combination of everything, has already happened, an infinite number of times.

Not believing this was "created" does not require any faith, because we have the evidence. Faith is a belief held despite a lack of evidence, or despite good evidence to the contrary. The scientific evidence for the Big Bang and Evolution are not in any way faith based.

As for your comments on infinity, the Universe has not existed for an infinite amount of time, but a finite 13.8 billion years. In addition, the universe is expanding, so it's finite in size. The total energy of the universe also continues to decrease as we move toward "heat death", so again, we will not have equal conditions for an infinite amount of time, so your whole infinity argument is void.

I find it interesting how you propose that God, your idea of the most complex intelligence in the universe could have EVOLVED, but we are so complex that we could not have evolved? This is a simple case of "special pleading".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RJY66

I believe you missed the point. Completely.

Following Christ does not mean following His followers, many who come across as judgmental, quarrelsome, disingenuous, hostile, and moralistic superiors who seem to think they are the only ones going to heaven and also seem to relish the fact that everyone else is going to hell. Some folks don't wanna belong to 'that' group. And although they remain committed to Christ, and their faith in Christ remains central to their lives, and they continue to believe in a loving God who created the universe... they choose to step away from the words 'Christian' and 'Christianity'. With good reason. Christ is infinitely more important than either of those two words.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Atheists and Agnostics are a curiosity.

For sure, Satan and his camp are neither Atheists nor Agnostics.

The Demons believe and they tremble. (James 2:19)

Atheists and Agnostics are deceived. Being deceived is not knowing that you don't know, thus thinking you know.

That's not too unlike the ostrich with his head in the sand, all warm and fuzzy down there. But his rear end is way up in the air and very exposed... shocked

And, by the time he figures that out, it could be too late... blush

The Ostrich isn't that smart to begin with.

You'd think man would know better... wink

Unless he was deceived, of course... cool

DF

Page 4 of 49 1 2 3 4 5 6 48 49

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 204guy, 1936M71, 73 invisible), 2,328 guests, and 1,364 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,684
Posts18,493,949
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.