-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 21 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 20 21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am not, in any wise, against the 9mm cartridge. My favorite pistol of all time was a 9mm H&K p9s.

I am against running willy nilly to a standard set by an agenda driven institution like the fbi. If directed, they will change their stance tomorrow, and proclaim the new stance with all the gravitas they can muster.

All of the talk of arming to the least common denominator (women) is pure groundless speculation. The institution has it's aims and goals, and the 9mm is far and away the most common sense round for a diversely staffed institution, if said outfit needs a single cartridge.

None of this means that the 9mm is the best overall cartridge for any other circumstance.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by deflave
I'm dying fugking laughing right now....

You're an ass hole.

Travis

No sheet. That was funny.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by deflave
It is not a matter of equaling or exceeding the performance of a 45. It is a matter of using data collected from the field to determine what is required of a cartridge for the purposes of law enforcement personnel.

The report explains that 12-18" of penetration was necessary. It explains that certain 9mm loadings meet or exceed this requirement. It also explains some .40 cal ammunition does not.

It also explains that 70-80% of shots fired by law enforcement personnel in deadly force situations are misses. Which means more bullets are always better than less bullets.

It also explains that accuracy is paramount above all else. And that the lighter recoiling cartridge improves the speed and accuracy of ALL pistol shooters.

If anybody has a valid argument against any of these key points, feel free to urinate up that rope.

Travis

bullshit...

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by johnw
Can I ask what the fbi's findings have to do with anything?

Then please do expound on your findings.

What calibers and loads have you extensively tested, which barriers did you test them through, how far did those rounds penetrate, how much weight did they retain, what did the wound cavity look like?

What weapons did you test them in, what were the result of your accuracy testing, what were the differences in time for accurate follow up shots between the various calibers tested, how did the shooters' physical attributes contribute to your findings, how did the shooters' experience levels contribute to the results?

Well said.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thank you.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
No doubt about it, the FBI has created standards for recommending the 38 Super and 38-44 for penetrating cars, 125gr 357 Mags, 38 Auto's, 200gr 38 Special loads, 38 158LSWCHP 38 Specials, +P 38's, +P+ 38's, 9mms with light bullets, 9mm's with heavies, midweights, the 10mm, the 40 and now reasons to make the 9mm "best" again, or at least recommended, according to their tests.

Did the 357 Sig have their fancy for awhile?

I don't know if they've ever found a decent enough excuse to make a 45 the "best" over the years, but I'm sure if they did a good portion of agencies and ammunition makers would heed the call.

A 2,000 dollar toilet seat comes to mind. Maybe the next "best" thing will be a hot 32 or 22; I could really care less, but the gospel according to the FBI has been a wandering goatphuck as long as there's been an FBI in regards to sidearms.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
That was way too funny, I don't ever share campfire stuff with my wife, but had to show her that.

Incidently she IS a cop who is in the process of switching (at her request) from carrying a 40 to a 9mm because she shoots it more accuratly, more quickly, and more comfortably.

Empirical results rule!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
This is just GOOD STUFF. You can't get this just anywhere.

FBI-We want to find out which car most efficiently reaches 60mph in 6 seconds.

Campfire Guru-My grandpa drove a car a 100 years ago that went 60mph.

FBI-Car#1 reaches 60mph in 6 seconds burning the least amount of fuel, with the most comfortable ride and was the easiest to safely drive.

Campfire Guru-But Car#2 does it in 5.9 seconds.....with no power steering and it slides all over the road and is wildly dangerous for half the drivers in the world.

FBI-Yes, Car#2 is faster. But that speed comes at a price. Do you understand cause and effect?

Campfire Guru-Did you not hear me???? I said 5.9 SECONDS!!!!

FBI-Have you ever tested both cars side by side to see which best accomplishes the goal?

Campfire Guru-So YOU'RE telling ME that my grandpa was a queer for pulling a trailer with Truck#3?

FBI-What are you even talking about? We're testing the speed efficiency of cars reaching 60mph and set 6 seconds as our benchmark.

Campfire Guru-A real man could keep any car on the road. I can. I did it one time last year.

FBI-Of course you can. But you could drive Car#1 and still accomplish your goal, but without as much drama or problems for yourself.

Campfire Guru-Don't tell me about your stupid race car.

FBI-It's not a race car, it's just a regular car. But it more efficiently accomplishes the same goal as Car#2.

Campfire Guru-Do you have any idea how large my penis is? I can drive ANY CAR.

FBI-That really has nothing to do with our research.

Campfire Guru-If you ever call my grandpa a queer again I'll shoot you with my bullets from 1904.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Guru-My grandpa drove a car a 100 years ago that went 60mph.

FBI-Car#1 reaches 60mph in 6 seconds burning the least amount of fuel, with the most comfortable ride and was the easiest to safely drive.

Campfire Guru-But Car#2 does it in 5.9 seconds.....with no power steering and it slides all over the road and is wildly dangerous for half the drivers in the world.

FBI-Yes, Car#2 is faster. But that speed comes at a price. Do you understand cause and effect?

Campfire Guru-Did you not hear me???? I said 5.9 SECONDS!!!!

FBI-Have you ever tested both cars side by side to see which best accomplishes the goal?

Campfire Guru-So YOU'RE telling ME that my grandpa was a queer for pulling a trailer with Truck#3?

FBI-What are you even talking about? We're testing the speed efficiency of cars reaching 60mph and set 6 seconds as our benchmark.

Campfire Guru-A real man could keep any car on the road. I can. I did it one time last year.

FBI-Of course you can. But you could drive Car#1 and still accomplish your goal, but without as much drama or problems for yourself.

Campfire Guru-Don't tell me about your stupid race car.

FBI-It's not a race car, it's just a regular car. But it more efficiently accomplishes the same goal as Car#2.

Campfire Guru-Do you have any idea how large my penis is? I can drive ANY CAR.

Campfire Guru-If you ever call my grandpa a queer again I'll shoot you with my bullets from 1904.

Quite possibly the best internet response I've ever read. Rolling here... smile

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Xfrshooter-My grandpa drove a car a 100 years ago that went 60mph.

Xfrshooter-But Car#2 does it in 5.9 seconds.....with no power steering and it slides all over the road and is wildly dangerous for half the drivers in the world.

Xfrshooter-Did you not hear me???? I said 5.9 SECONDS!!!!

Xfrshooter-So YOU'RE telling ME that my grandpa was a queer for pulling a trailer with Truck#3?

Xfrshooter-A real man could keep any car on the road. I can. I did it one time last year. AT over 1000 yards!

Xfrshooter-Don't tell me about your stupid race car. You can't drive as well as me; no one can. Ever. Well, except for Earnhardt, and another shooter here whom I can't help but kiss up to and hope he'll forgive me for being an [bleep] and likely on drugs and making him nervous about even admitting he knows me... (cue soft music and candle light)

Xfrshooter-Do you have any idea how large my penis is? I can drive ANY CAR. Always better than you. Or anyone else. Except that other driver here whom I miss and I hope he comes to visit again, even though I am creepy in my obsessions about him... (cue music and lighting again)

Xfrshooter-If you ever call my grandpa a queer again I'll shoot you with my bullets from 1904. I challenge you all to a race, and a duel, with my uber special guns and top secret car. Except my special friend, whom I miss and want to come see me again, even though I weird him out and he avoids even acknowledging that he knows me because I'm really strange and scare him. (cue creepy weird soft music and lights)

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Simply hilarious...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Two to the Chest, one to the Head.

Practice that using a shot timer, and see how fast you can do it with different calibers.

Then add in some movement by you the shooter trying to get to cover, and the target who is trying to avoid getting shot. Lastly try to mentally simulate getting shot at while doing it.

Then and only then can you complain about a 70% miss rate by cops involved in real world situations.

And then maybe you can see how if that that third shot (to the head) is the deal breaker, you would want a firearm/round combo that would allow you do it as fast as possible.

Lastly, Turn Off the Lights, and try it in darkness while trying to hold a flashlight.

Last edited by cv540; 08/27/15.

-George Washington
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by cv540
Two to the Chest, one to the Head.

Practice that using a shot timer, and see how fast you can do it with different calibers.

Then add in some movement by you the shooter trying to get to cover, and the target who is trying to avoid getting shot. Lastly try to mentally simulate getting shot at while doing it.

Then and only then can you complain about a 70% miss rate by cops involved in real world situations.

And then maybe you can see how if that that third shot (to the head) is the deal breaker, you would want a firearm/round combo that would allow you do it as fast as possible.

Then the 9mm, maybe not even in an auto, is "best" for most people, both genders included.

That's how f&%king stupid the semantics are...twenty years ago the FBI, not anyone on this thread, deemed a more powerful round was needed, with similar statistics and lab tests about how it was "best".

Bad example.

I think the FBI was behind Crystal Pepsi....

Last edited by HawkI; 08/27/15.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I never read the FBI's report that concluded the 10mm was a good choice.

But I have read this one and it is difficult to argue with any of the points that are made in it.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by HawkI
[quote=cv540]twenty years ago the FBI, not anyone on this thread, deemed a more powerful round was needed, with similar statistics and lab tests about how it was "best".

Bad example.

The facts were different then, I.e., bullet technology wasn't as advanced. The terminal effect of a 9mm of modern design is superior to what it was then, altering the balance in its favor, all factors considered.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No doubt about it, the FBI has created standards for recommending the 38 Super and 38-44 for penetrating cars, 125gr 357 Mags, 38 Auto's, 200gr 38 Special loads, 38 158LSWCHP 38 Specials, +P 38's, +P+ 38's, 9mms with light bullets, 9mm's with heavies, midweights, the 10mm, the 40 and now reasons to make the 9mm "best" again, or at least recommended, according to their tests.

Did the 357 Sig have their fancy for awhile?

I don't know if they've ever found a decent enough excuse to make a 45 the "best" over the years, but I'm sure if they did a good portion of agencies and ammunition makers would heed the call.

A 2,000 dollar toilet seat comes to mind. Maybe the next "best" thing will be a hot 32 or 22; I could really care less, but the gospel according to the FBI has been a wandering goatphuck as long as there's been an FBI in regards to sidearms.

Great post and consistent with my recollection of the Bureau's 'next big thing' cartridge selections over the past 35 years. After you choose 'the best' so many times, 'best' becomes meaningless. And Jesus... split times in a gunfight? Gunfights are won by people able to make the decision to shoot an [bleep] right now, right well and with something big enough to settle their hash ASAP.

The Bureau has enough scraps under their belt to know this, as do many other outfits. There is however a constant battle between those who insist on imparting skill at arms and those who insist on qualifying everybody at the lowest possible cost.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I believe they adopted it, then decided it was too much; it was also about the time they decided a cartridge standardization was needed.

Jesus, a more substantial 32 or even a 30 should get dreamt up ASAP if we are hedging bets on low recoil expanding rounds.

The bottom line is that "best" is pretty subjective.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

The bottom line is that "best" is pretty subjective.

Of this, there is no arguing.

-George Washington
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
[quote=cv540]twenty years ago the FBI, not anyone on this thread, deemed a more powerful round was needed, with similar statistics and lab tests about how it was "best".

Bad example.

The facts were different then, I.e., bullet technology wasn't as advanced. The terminal effect of a 9mm of modern design is superior to what it was then, altering the balance in its favor, all factors considered.

Facts haven't changed.

Most people can hit better with smaller, lower recoiling rounds. They can also increase the odds of hitting with round count.

I don't think the FBI has gone small enough to get diminishing returns.

If pressed, most people shoot guns that fit them well, devoid of a slide moving toward their face, better...since this matter of recoil and target re-acquisition matters now.

Last edited by HawkI; 08/27/15.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SargeMO
And Jesus... split times in a gunfight? Gunfights are won by people able to make the decision to shoot an [bleep] right now, right well and with something big enough to settle their hash ASAP.

LOL

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Page 10 of 21 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

62 members (akrange, 7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 99Ozarks, 7 invisible), 1,587 guests, and 754 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,910
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.