Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Huntz
WGAFF

Best reply so far...

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
We always lack proof. He wanted us by faith, not proof, that He may avoid the unbeliver hard heads such as you. You dont want the Good News, prefering to lean on your own understanding.

Even dumbasses become believers with proof.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MojoHand
Originally Posted by curdog4570

"The burden of proof and need to convince lies squarely on those making supernatural propositions...proof which has not been forthcoming (obviously)."

My formal education was very limited, so maybe you can enlighten me on what you just said.

If a proposition COULD be proven, it would no longer qualify as "supernatural", would it?

Put in a more direct way...... ain't you FOS in this instance?

Thank you for making my original point! laugh

You lack proof so you MUST by default resort to the 'supernatural' all the while failing to prove the supernatural exists! You then attribute that which you can't prove to the supernatural all the while asserting that it is YOUR version of the unproven supernatural that is the correct one!

I can't believe that so many can't grasp this simple point. It's circular reasoning at its 'finest'.

Mister.... you declined to answer my simple question.

And THAT is a fact.

Just like A.S......... posting a bunch of words that have not one damn thing to do with my question.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Oh Georgia...

Facts exist independent of motive.

It is a FACT that there is no OBJECTIVE proof of a god. A claim that hasn't been disproved yet by the hundreds of responses to this thread (or in the thousands of years of human history...) Neither I, nor AS, (nor any of the rational people who posted) have tried to convince you that there is no God. That would be trying to disprove his existence. Even more impossibly, it would be trying to use facts to overcome personal prejudice and confirmation bias...ain't gonna happen.

The burden of proof and need to convince lies squarely on those making supernatural propositions...proof which has not been forthcoming (obviously).

By your response and many others, I'm going to guess many didn't even read the OP or literally don't have the faculties to comprehend it. The links provided made it quite clear the atheist position yet the religious folk here continue to make straw men to 'bolster' their untenable position.

I also stated outright what I thought of faith and those who held to it...both in the OP and my responses to Scott and Dwayne. And please bone up on your vocabulary...you can't have dogma Ina system without belief...(SMH)

You made a truth claim which I quoted. You may reread your own post if you need to refresh your memory. If you cannot have dogma in a system without belief...I would simply ask, "Don't you believe what you stated?"

However, pushing your grandiloquence aside, I would submit to you that I have given you the more honest answer. Because, there is nothing in my post trying to convinece you of "God/gods", nor did I make a truth statement as to any evidence or lack thereof of His existance.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

"The burden of proof and need to convince lies squarely on those making supernatural propositions...proof which has not been forthcoming (obviously)."

My formal education was very limited, so maybe you can enlighten me on what you just said.

If a proposition COULD be proven, it would no longer qualify as "supernatural", would it?

Put in a more direct way...... ain't you FOS in this instance?

Thank you for making my original point! laugh

You lack proof so you MUST by default resort to the 'supernatural' all the while failing to prove the supernatural exists! You then attribute that which you can't prove to the supernatural all the while asserting that it is YOUR version of the unproven supernatural that is the correct one!

I can't believe that so many can't grasp this simple point. It's circular reasoning at its 'finest'.

Mister.... you declined to answer my simple question.

And THAT is a fact.

Just like A.S......... posting a bunch of words that have not one damn thing to do with my question.

And, what exactly, was your question?

The proven does not equal supernatural one or the FOS statement?

You have a major short in your logical faculties.

If you want to talk Level of Schitty fullness lets briefly unpack your erroneous suppositions. Beware, it will be a lot of words and you probably won't understand that they have everything to do with your question....

If you and your religious ilk could but provide the objective proof for your assertions then, yes, it would still be supernatural. You would have proven that something exists beyond our physical world. To put it in the simplest possible terms for you to grasp..if you could prove the existence of the supernatural it would still be the supernatural. That's true whether you could prove it somehow physically or logically..but you can't.

Now, I strongly suspect you are using the term 'supernatural' as a scapegoat for everything you can't prove. A convenient wall to hide behind that allows you to make any proposition and claim it doesn't need proof because it can't be proved. Convenient. Many a psychic, medium, charlatan and what-not use the exact same trick. (In a phony stage voice..."you must believe first then you will see the truth!)

Also, are you suggesting in your 'question' that any proposition that hasn't been proved must be explained by the supernatural? Science would beg to differ...

just because you don't know how the trick is done...doesn't make it magic.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
This is sooo sad yet explains soo much... frown

(Partly what made me think of this topic and start this thread...)

[Linked Image]

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
A good night and happy weekend to all (even those who are being 'dishonest'!) laugh

See ya tomorrow after my scouting trip (archery opens Sunday)...

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
To the original question, the answer is NO.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
MH,

What seems to be noted by the non-believers here is that there is "no proof" of God. Then many go on to say that since there is "no proof" then God may or may not exist ... or whatever.

Jesus called us to be "witnesses" of our own experiences. I have noted that for the believer, God has indeed proved Himself to that believer. Therefore, the believer DOES have proof that God exists.

It is the unbeliever that has no proof. (Well other than creation itself but that is usually disbelieved and in my opinion disbelieved by choice)

I refer back again to where Jesus comes and lives in the believer. When that happens, there is no more need for God to prove his existence to that believer. The believer knows it for a fact.

Some who have posted here deny that one can have such an experience with God. Maybe they haven't had one and maybe they don't seek one.

Sad when someone comes to me and tells me there is no proof of God. In reality, he has no proof but I do have the proof.

TF

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Oh, another thought. Satan is real and his demons do indeed influence and deceive many.

another thought: Could be the God created time. He may not be bound by it.

TF

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Atheists say there is no god, Christians say there is God. That statement on its own is evidence that someone is lying. I don't know if that really proves either is more honest than the other however.

(I do think that some of the biggest hypocrites are they who are always looking for a speck in another persons eye in spite of the log in their own however.)

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
I know for sure there is a higher power and it ain't me. My life is much, much more satisfying when I rest in that fact.

Everything beyond that is mental masturbation tainted by delusional grandiosity.

The presumption that finite beings could

A) make an infinite being

or

B) keep an infinite being from existing

Merely by proclamation of belief or lack thereof is absurd and yet here we are.

As I said, peace be upon you all no matter which side of that equation you fall upon.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Atheists say there is no god, Christians say there is God. That statement on its own is evidence that someone is lying.

Couldn't it also be that people aren't lying but just calling it as they see it, honestly, and that one side or maybe both is just honestly wrong?

That would seem to me to be the most honest explanation but I've never been convinced these conversations are created to bring out honesty.

And this one kinda bolsters that position in my mind.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"If you and your religious ilk could but provide the objective proof for your assertions then, yes, it would still be supernatural. You would have proven that something exists beyond our physical world. To put it in the simplest possible terms for you to grasp..if you could prove the existence of the supernatural it would still be the supernatural. That's true whether you could prove it somehow physically or logically..but you can't."

1.I'm not a "religious" man.For many, Christianity may serve the religious impulse in all humans, just as "self worship" serves the Atheist in that regard.

At it's basis, it is a personal relationship with the Risen Christ...... not a "religion".

2. Science is bound by this physical Universe. The Creator is not bound by His Creation.... to believe otherwise is ridiculous. I see all sorts of things in this Natural World accomplished by men who act as if Einstein's [just to mention one scientist] theories are correct.

It would be arrogant and presumptuous of me to demand that the theories be dumbed down to MY level of understanding before I will accept them as true. But that is exactly what you demand of people of Faith....... to reduce the Creator of all that is to something that will fit inside your small mind.

3. "Supernatural", properly understood, is the term for events occurring within Nature that can't be explained by natural laws. The only "proof" acceptable to Science is that which CAN be explained within the confines of natural laws, so yours is a "Catch 22 proposition".

So.... instead of being "FOS".... you are a counterfeit adherent of science...... or a Phony, if you prefer.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Gonna have to start an abortion thread. This has just about reached coat hanger level.

Sean
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Bravo Mojo...bravo.

This thread has been a success, for your intended purpose.
I thank you for the entertainment. I know you have also enjoyed it!

Good luck with the Unit 54 archery deer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
These "atheist" topics eventually become boring due to insincerity on the part of some, but they do seem to serve a purpose. The atheist promoters on here are a mixed bag, but no matter how sincere, gentlemanly and erudite may be the talking atheist, they eventually expose the tenuous, vacuous and hopeless conditions generic to atheism.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
if a newbie signed on here, and then said they worshipped the exact same god as that tree over there worshipped, what might that mean?

anyone know for sure?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Let's deal with your silly strawman. Lets say for a moment you really were a Police Chief. Now there's another individual who wore a police uniform for 40 years, and was the head of a police department for 20 of those 40 years. It's discovered that this Chief was corrupt. Are you now going to say, "he's not a real police Chief"? Or would it be more honest for you to admit there are issues within the Police service and work to correct them.

In some ways your semantics go back to the OP's original question about the honesty of Christians as it relates to apologetics.

I would say, "He wore a police uniform for 40 years."

"A wolf in sheep's clothing."

So you would deny he was also a chief of police.
Another Christian denying someone is what they are just because you don't like their behavior.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Originally Posted by BarryC
Putin and Hillary are great examples of living by Atheist values.

Hillary was raised Methodist. She was a member of the Senate Prayer group, and regularly attends Foundry United Methodist Church in Washington.

Vladimir Putin is a Russian Orthodox Christian.

That pair belongs to you, not the Atheist.

Antelope, none of those things make either of them a Christian.

Who are you to say what does or does not constitute a Christian. If anything your are just making my point how most Christians think that all other Christians who are not exactly like them are going to hell.

Instead of working to improve their own, once again, a Christian is just denying their own.

I'm beginning to think the "true Scotsman Fallacy" is the Christian favorite.

I'm not saying it. The Bible pretty well describes what a believer is and belonging to a denomination or church and attending does not alone make you one.

But more significantly, the more I read your statements the more I realize any kind of rational give and take with you is a waste of time; at least at this point.

A person who absolutely doesn't know what they don't know but continues pontificating is not inclined to listen or learn from anybody else.

Page 21 of 49 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 48 49

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (222ND, 22250rem, 1badf350, 160user, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 45 invisible), 2,143 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,232
Posts18,504,391
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.