Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
How the Old Dominion every elected a piece of crap like this I'll never understand. He was calling for gun control yesterday while the bodies were still warm.

http://wsls.com/2015/08/28/governor...j7-studio-says-too-many-guns-in-america/

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BlueRidgeHunter
How the Old Dominion every elected a piece of crap like this I'll never understand. He was calling for gun control yesterday while the bodies were still warm.

http://wsls.com/2015/08/28/governor...j7-studio-says-too-many-guns-in-america/

Clinton associate who would have thunk

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A couple more left leaning supreme court justices should do the trick.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He's shut his yap, fast.

He was elected, unfortunately, due to NoVA and because the Rs ran a complete dumbass in Cuccinelli who ran the worst campaign in the history of campaigns outside of McCain. VA is an EASY state for the GOP to win (look at the General Assembly), yet they keep screwing it up by concentrating on culture war BS and not on: 1) economy, 2) taxes, 3) jobs, 4) schools, and 5) roads. Concentrate on those, and you win. Don't and you lose. Even still, McAwful barely won and is hamstrung with all his Bloomberg ideology because the General Assembly is having none of his HS.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Just wondering what Gun Control law would have prevented this? It's been reported the suspect bought the firearm he used himself, legally, in July.

Other than out right ban of all guns, what law would have prevented it?

He used a handgun, but it seems a rifle or shotgun would have worked as well, and concealability doesn't seem to really be the issue.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I heard a sound bite from the survivor's husband, he very simply and elegantly stated, the guy was going to attack someone, and it would have been a knife or machete if it wasn't a gun.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cv540

This wouldn't have prevented it either.

- Rogue
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by cv540
Just wondering what Gun Control law would have prevented this? It's been reported the suspect bought the firearm he used himself, legally, in July.

He used a handgun, but it seems a rifle or shotgun would have worked as well, and concealability doesn't seem to really be the issue.

WELL.. OBVIOUSLY, if murder had been illegal he'd have never done it....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I heard a sound bite from the survivor's husband, he very simply and elegantly stated, the guy was going to attack someone, and it would have been a knife or machete if it wasn't a gun.

But I just watched him being interviewed on MSNBC and he is dedicating himself to more gun control in his daughter's memory.

Then....he said that he is going to buy a gun because he is afraid that he may be targeted.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Politicians work on the expediency of trying to look like they're doing "something" when people get all in a tizzy over something. Simply blaming inanimate objects is WAY easier than dealing with the broader and deeper issues at work, so that's where they go. It's like the whole demonizing of "assault" rifles even though literally more people are killed bare handed each year than with all rifle types combined.

If there's one thing I've become certain of it's that there's too much certainty in the world.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If a gun wasn't available he would have used a knife, a jar of gas, or his car.

Fact is he was going to "get even" some way, some how, in his sick mind.

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B

The Gov had that relayed to him in his press conference and said we can never prevent violence, but if gun control saves one life it is worth it.

This is just more ammo in the culture war against law abiding gun owners, another step toward the ultimate goal of confiscation.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BlueRidgeHunter

The Gov had that relayed to him in his press conference and said we can never prevent violence, but if gun control saves one life it is worth it.

This is just more ammo in the culture war against law abiding gun owners, another step toward the ultimate goal of confiscation.

That language is DIRECTLY from Bloomberg. Know your (true) enemy. McAwful is a tool, and a useless one at that with a solidly R General Assembly. Bloomberg is the threat.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Within the Commonwealth, the other enemy that needs to be identified and addressed are the "culture warrior" RINOs who sabotaged the last election. Bill Bolling was cruising to the nomination and would have won the general election in a landslide (so much so that the Ds weren't really even running a challenger). The Falwell-ite "culture warrior" contingent that is Hell bent on making everything a religious fight changed the Republican nomination procedure from a primary to a caucus at the last minute and packed the caucus with hard-right religious nuts who were lathered up for Cuccinelli. That cost Virginia a Republican governor as much or more than anything else.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
What we have in America isn't a gun problem. It's a problem of black folks committing so many violent crimes. This is easily proven by studying the violent crime statistics of white Americans in isolation. The stats are on par with those nations having the lowest violent crime rates, such as Sweden, i.e., infinitesimally low. What the mainstream media needs to start asking is for blacks to stop being so violently criminal, not that the rest of us surrender the basic human right of self defense enshrined in our nation's founding document.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Too many guns?

To the contrary, it seems to me there were "NOT ENOUGH GUNS".

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by curdog4570

But I just watched him being interviewed on MSNBC and he is dedicating himself to more gun control in his daughter's memory.

Then....he said that he is going to buy a gun because he is afraid that he may be targeted.

Two different men. Comon guys.

The Father of the deceased made absolutely NO sense and fully wanted too many guns to be recognized as the absolute problem. Even though the purchase was legal and very controlled. Did not care about the perp's mental state. Just get rid of guns. While I understand his mindset right now he should not be talking to the press.

The husband of the survivor on the other hand very articulate and understanding.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by curdog4570

You're talking about different people

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Every single time something happens with a gun, this is going to be the emotional, liberal knee jerk reaction.

Every time. Without fail.

All we can do is circle the wagons around our rights, and remember that votes count. Votes matter.

If we lose enough votes, we lose our entire republic of freedom.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
How many millions of gun owners didn't
shoot anybody today? This week? This year?
Ever? My hand is raised.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 808outdoors, AKislander, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 13 invisible), 1,405 guests, and 820 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,494
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.