-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 28 of 49 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 48 49
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Im glad we have scientist.They are saying the universe around us came into being by the physics that didnt exist before or during the event."

Actually, the honest Physicists admit to being baffled by what transpired in the milliseconds AFTER the Big Bang.

Of course the Atheists on this thread will just claim it is something that Science has yet to figure out.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have heard it before.The claim being that another set of physics created the physics that created the universe.What they are saying without knowing it is that physics destroys itself.
Originally Posted by curdog4570
"Im glad we have scientist.They are saying the universe around us came into being by the physics that didnt exist before or during the event."

Actually, the honest Physicists admit to being baffled by what transpired in the milliseconds AFTER the Big Bang.

Of course the Atheists on this thread will just claim it is something that Science has yet to figure out.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I got it.Physics is evolving.Well at least I got a laugh out of it.

Last edited by jdm953; 08/30/15.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
We still doing this? OK,well I guess I would have to say that a do believe there is a God. I can't say for sure, but what I see and what i've experienced suggests to me that it's quite likely.
Arguing for the existence of a God or creator is not arguing for the truth of the Bible or Christianity however. Even if you can prove that God is real, you still haven't proven the validity of any one religion. Seems that many think convincing people that God is real is the same as convincing them that Christianity is true and theven Bible his word.

Like I've said before, I don't think anyone's got it figured out all the way. Most probably we are all wrong to some degree,if a God does indeed exist.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
If we knew everything we would be God and have no need of anything.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Arguing for the existence of a God or creator is not arguing for the truth of the Bible or Christianity however."

But it is exactly what our resident Atheists refuse to acknowledge in word and deed. I've tried making that point countless times on these threads but the Bible is too easy a target for them to give up.

And our resident Bible thumpers fall right into their debate trap.

"Everything we percieve came from nothing."

THAT is their proposition and they should be forced to defend it.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
lol. everyone is spiritual to a degree. anyone who has a thought has a swarm of electrons flying around. and that right there is pure physics.

religion is more a speculative conjecture. we all want to feel safe, and secure. we want to know we are doing right. we all want to be rewarded at the end of life, more or less.

but we still don't know where we came from, where we are, nor where we are headed next.

but talking about it does not hurt a thing.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Proverbs 14:12King James Version (KJV)

12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Looks like we're going mans way on this earth, to me.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I agree but we knew that would happen.

IC B3

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by eyeball
Proverbs 14:12King James Version (KJV)

12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Looks like we're going mans way on this earth, to me.

for the many it probably is the end of the road, so to speak. for a few, they may get to move forward and run their own planet someday. wink

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
"Which of Einsteins theories do you believe are not correct?"

YOU KNOW DAMNED WELL THAT MY POST SAID NOTHING OF THE SORT.In fact, it said the opposite.

And dishonest B S such as that is why I'm done arguing with you or any other Atheist.

That's why I quit trying curdog....you can't coverse with someone who refuses to give honest answers, while adding misrepresentations. Athiests are "fools", who refuse to honor the validity of faith. Like I told him, some day we'll see who's right. I put the loser on ignore....he likes to hear himself talk too much for me.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I disagree. if he has something to say, he needs to say it. we don't have to agree.
it's not like in ancient Judah, where if one said the wrong thing something bad could happen to one, either at the hands of the residents or the Roman overseers.

he has a point to make, no matter it's actual merits. we can accept/deny. agree/disagree. accept/reject.

ol ant shooter lives in a time when free speech is encouraged. or at least use to be before the PC crowd began to take over.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jdm953
Hello SB,this predates the campfire by thousands of years.AS may not want me to but I like him.A thinking person is much preferred to so many of the mindless people I run into.So many really smart people have made science their God.I understand.Where the problem comes in is getting them to think about how the science they use to explain universe is the product of the event that created us.It can never be used to explain it.The physics that scientist use to explain the universe around us falls apart the closer you get to the event.The event created the physics and didnt exist before.Its a fools mission.We need to learn about whats around us.Im glad we have scientist.They are saying the universe around us came into being by the physics that didnt exist before or during the event.
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Same old $hit different thread. It's kinda like a car wreck, you don't want to look but you do anyway and wish you hadent. Pointless incoherent babble...

JDM,

Thanks for the kind words. it certainly does not offend me that you like me. I appreciate it.

One area where you are correct, if we are to continue to further our understanding of the big bang much before 10^-43 seconds after the event, we will need some new physics.....and that will take scientist much better then me.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I have heard it before.The claim being that another set of physics created the physics that created the universe.What they are saying without knowing it is that physics destroys itself.

Curdog, I don't know but we are working on it is an acceptable answer.

JDM, there are some interesting hypothesis out there, many of which I believe will go up in smoke before they ever make it to the status of a Theory.

As an example, String "theory", isn't a theory. To date there has not been one single piece of experimental evidence confirming anything from the string hypothesis.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I got it.Physics is evolving.Well at least I got a laugh out of it.

Physics is what is it is. I think it's more accurate to say scientists are still learning.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
michio kaku might get his feelings hurt, but if so, so be it.

ol Frijof Capra probably wouldn't argue that you, I, and the local oak trees do in fact worship the same god. some on here reject that proposal on the face of it.

oh well, so be it, once again, with feeling.

what we see is God revealing himself through Science. but others will say God is female, and others are adamant that God is neither male nor female. but, what would that make God?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
"Arguing for the existence of a God or creator is not arguing for the truth of the Bible or Christianity however."

But it is exactly what our resident Atheists refuse to acknowledge in word and deed. I've tried making that point countless times on these threads but the Bible is too easy a target for them to give up.

And our resident Bible thumpers fall right into their debate trap.

"Everything we percieve came from nothing."

THAT is their proposition and they should be forced to defend it.

As long as the Theist keep making their less then logical positive claims, The Atheist does not have to make or defend a positive claim.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
"Which of Einsteins theories do you believe are not correct?"

YOU KNOW DAMNED WELL THAT MY POST SAID NOTHING OF THE SORT.In fact, it said the opposite.

And dishonest B S such as that is why I'm done arguing with you or any other Atheist.

I see you did not quote me, where I quoted your post.

Originally Posted by Curdog
I see all sorts of things in this Natural World accomplished by men who act as if Einstein's [just to mention one scientist] theories are correct.

When reading your statement, it appeared to me you were trying to imply Einstein's theories were not correct.

If that is not what you were implying, I misunderstood you and apologize.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 08/30/15.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Antelope, you sure spend a lot of time trying to prove something does not exist. If you honestly don't believe in God you are wasting precious little time on this earth aren't you? why are you so hell bent on this? Go find something productive instead of trying to out argue people that believe in God. You must have 200 posts trying to convince yourself and others there is no God. This tells me you are not too sure of yourself. I think this is my third post on tis thread and my last , cause I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks of my beliefs because I am sure of them.. Not that I care.

Last edited by ihookem; 08/30/15.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Page 28 of 49 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 48 49

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 68 invisible), 2,460 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,778
Posts18,477,015
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.