Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by TNrifleman
No, any business can make a mistake in advertising.

This is the correct answer!

Good grief folks, do we really want to get mad over a mistake in pricing? I'm glad none of you ever make a mistake.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by ringworm
At what level should a business honor a mistake in price?
If a specials menu is wrong by a couple dollars?
A car mispriced?
What about the difference between a single gun shop and a company like cabelas?
Should one be allowed to not sale a mispriced item due to internal negligence?

In Colorado, if an item is mis-priced, the business is required by law to give you one item at the erroneous price.

BassPro was really unhappy with me when they mis-priced a pair of binoculars by $100.00 and I held their feet to the fire and made them give me one pair at the unintentionally discounted price.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A few years ago, I went to Sports Authority to look at a Leupold VX-I 3-9x40 for $170. They didn't have any left, but offered to sell me a VX-III 2.5-8x36 for the same price. I told the salesperson that the VX-III was a more expensive scope, so he asked his boss and that guy pretty much said that "a scope is a scope" and that I could have the VX-III for $170. I bought it and have never felt guilty, since I pointed out the pricing error to both the sales person and his supervisor and they made the decision to sell the VX-III for the VX-I price.

If I am over-charged or under-charged, I point the error out so that I can pay the correct price. Karma is real and to knowingly cheat, take advantage of, someone seems like nothing but bad karma.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In Washington State, the posted price is the price. Period.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
People crack me the [bleep] up. I've been in the Engineering and Construction game for over three decades. The overwhelming contracting strategy used in that time by our municipal, state and federal governments, major industrial and energy companies has been lump sum fixed fee. That means the contractor estimates, bids the job, and if awarded it does it for the quoted price in lieu of changes in scope or complexity. The untold losses that contractors over the years have invested in roadways, bridges, waterways, refineries, industrial plants, power plants, and on and on is in the multiple $billions...sorry, I have zero sympathy for a business where a dumbphuck makes a mistake that might cost them a couple hundred bucks...

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
I guess if I said I made the mistake and mispriced an item the same guys would be saying I should honor it...funny place this.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by ringworm
I guess if I said I made the mistake and mispriced an item the same guys would be saying I should honor it...funny place this.

Do you want stores lying about the price to get you in the dorr, and then changing it on you?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Went to the grocery store one time. Rib eye steaks listed as top round for two something a pound. Pointed out the mistake to the butcher on duty. He muttered under his breath about the gal that labeled them and just went home, said you should take 'em. I picked two out of the six or seven mislabeled in the case and thanked him.

Humans happen, don't be a dick about.

Sean
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I once bought some ERA laundry soap and was charged the wrong price, like $2 for a $6 bottle. I pointed out the error to the clerk and his solution was to rescan the bar code. I don't think that it occurred to him that the price was wrong in the computer system's master price file. Since laundry soap is a commodity with a long shelf-life, I went back and bought several more bottles and we were fixed for a couple of months.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I'm not sure if it's still the case, but at one time the Kroger where I shopped, if the price in the computer was higher than the price tag, the item was free. This was to compensate for having to waste time dealing with customer service and to show that they were not dealing in bad faith. Good policy IMO.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
byc, that speaks to you character. Funny how some will justify stealing.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm lucky that we sell mostly nickel and dime stuff where I can afford a few dollars worth of mistake.

but I've got pards that sell rifles, cameras, boats etc., believe it or not there's a very small margin in those products. I could see where if a mistake was made in advertising that they couldn't honor the quoted sales price.

I'd like to think they'd offer something to the customer though for their trouble though, perhaps 10% off on something that they do have a decent margin on.

I dunno. Yep I'd be put out if I drove to a store to get a specific item for an advertised price. And it's happened, but it's still a pretty good life even when stuff like that happens.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, achlupsa, 35, 5 invisible), 1,539 guests, and 818 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,323
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.