Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DINK
Actually the most narcissistic people are drunks.

Dink

Drunks?

I figured you would say drug addicts.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lots, if not most, of those "self centered" people are narcissists. They just don't normally control enough of your, or anybody else's, lives to be relevant.
When they do, it becomes obvious to those familiar with the disorder. The worst thing about them is that they will never accept what they are.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by DINK
Actually the most narcissistic people are drunks.

Dink

Drunks?

I figured you would say drug addicts.

Narcissists are very susceptible to addiction, for many reasons. One is that they have a really hard time dealing with "injury" to their ego, another is that they tend to think that are not weak like everybody else.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I disagree.Not with the post directly above..your previous one.

Self centeredness can be overcome..... check out the Dale Carnigie program for one, and A.A. for another..... if there is sufficient motivation. If your boss is gonna fire you because you can't get along with people, or, you are gonna die drunk, that's the type motivation required.

Narcissistic people, like OBAMA for instance can never change.

Prison might work.grin

Last edited by curdog4570; 08/30/15.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The selfishness involved in addiction has nothing to do with narcissism. The "need" for whatever one is addicted to overwhelms everything else. Most narcissists are very intelligent, and like a sociopath, are masters in the art of manipulation. As employees, they are not typically the one's that can't get along with others. They are the "suck ups" that will do anything for attention or an "attaboy" and will do, or say anything to avoid criticism. Boss's tend to love them. It's when they become the "boss" that they become a problem.

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by ltppowell
The selfishness involved in addiction has nothing to do with narcissism. The "need" for whatever one is addicted to overwhelms everything else. Most narcissists are very intelligent, and like a sociopath, are masters in the art of manipulation. As employees, they are not typically the one's that can't get along with others. They are the "suck ups" that will do anything for attention or an "attaboy" and will do, or say anything to avoid criticism. Boss's tend to love them. It's when they become the "boss" that they become a problem.

I've been the boss of many a Narcissist. If you have any kind of an consistent, active feed back system, I've found most narcissists even well meaning feedback that is designed to improve their performance. The thin skin and blaming show up very early, at which time you get rid of them at the first opportunity.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You sure know your narcissists don't Ya..........

The big boss at work is a narcissist and at the present time is in the destroying self mode, several people have been calling him on his lies and he is doubling down, weather he'll complete the destruction mode is yet to be seen.

One time he tells me that one of an employee's duties is to take the heat for the boss's mistakes as the boss should never be wrong, then he says that's why I like being the boss, I'm never wrong. I walk away laughing and shaking my head I also know he thinks I agreed with him because I didn't argue about it.........

Fu cker is a pain in the ass to deal with.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 12344mag

The big boss at work is a narcissist and at the present time is in the destroying self mode, several people have been calling him on his lies and he is doubling down, weather he'll complete the destruction mode is yet to be seen.

One time he tells me that one of an employee's duties is to take the heat for the boss's mistakes as the boss should never be wrong, then he says that's why I like being the boss, I'm never wrong. I walk away laughing and shaking my head I also know he thinks I agreed with him because I didn't argue about it.........

Fu cker is a pain in the ass to deal with.

If would be HR gold if you had caught that on tape.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Unfortunately, learning as much as I could about narcissism was a matter of self preservation. Everybody would be better off if they studied it more.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (6mmCreedmoor, 260Remguy, 6MMWASP, 257_X_50, 450yukon, 9 invisible), 1,531 guests, and 928 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,757
Posts18,476,393
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.