Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by joelkdouglas
Originally Posted by Canazes9
My 6 groove 8" twist 7mm-08AI shoots the same 7mm-08 load ~160fps faster than the previous barrel shot the identical load. New barrel is 1" longer than the old barrel.

David

Was the 7-08 barrel a factory barrel, and the 7-08 AI barrel an aftermarket barrel?

Old barrel was a factory Kimber 9" twist 7mm-08, new barrel is an 8" twist Hart in 7mm-08AI. The new barrel is throated for the 150 Scenar at mag length, the old barrel was throated much longer...

David

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Funny schit here,sprinkled through the Thread!

There are NO "slow" barrels,or "fast" barrels. There...I fhuqking said it. What there IS,are barrels of greatly varying internal dimensioning,that make different amounts of pressure(speed),at a given powder charge.

Now if you are FORCED by some cruel twist of fate,to suffer some off the shelf Fodder,then yes of COURSE,not all barrels are the same(or close). A typical OEM spout,will be both generous in chamber dimensions,throat dimensions AND bore dimensions,so expanding gasses will simply route the path of least reistance and "grant" the least velocity. This of course assuming jacketed boolits and not Cave Man speeds,with soft cast obturations...where the differences unhinge in their lineal extrapolations. Hint.

To hedge a bet in the Suffering Factory Fodder World,it may be prudent to minimize said tolerances,so as to eek the "free" speed. Long story short,a tighter gas seal,will lend more momentum to the projectile(ANY projectile).

Now rest ASSURED,that I getta great big kick outta Texans and their innate Dumbfhuqkery,but they've done flown the coop on this correlation of "experience","knowledge" and "results".

"Twist drag"?!? I'm fhuqking crying,I'm laffin' sooooooooooo hard!!!

These poor,poor STUPID fhuqks and their relentless Imaginations and Pretend. WOW!!!

Did some STUPID fhuqking Texan TRY to equate a velocity loss,as reflected by twist rate? Re-WOW!!!. A gain twist would tip her plum offa her high heels in Anticipation. Laffin'! Then add muzzle constriction to the equation and she'd be touting the "virtues" of a Light Saber. I'm cryin'!!!!!!!

Anywhoooooo...let's use gravity and touch base(Reality).

Now as per your 7-08 to 7-08AI transformation,you've TOTALLY erased the OWM gas seal and replaced it with Custom. If I EVER had an OEM spout,that made more velocity(pressure) than a Custom,I'd be looking to kick someone's ass,because they dropped ALL the balls. The bore would be SUSPECT in it's dimensioning,post haste(and I mean a FHUQK of a lot quicker than that). The chamber dimensions would HAVE to been crafted in clay and the throat a gawwwdamned fhuqking polevault,even in Linda Lovelace's head. HINT.

So what you received,is that which IS expected...a better gas seal(amongst other obvious attributes).

Build a short throat 300Wby and gun some of Roy's schit,for a REAL "advantage".

Laffin'!

GOOD talk.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Boxer

There are NO "slow" barrels,or "fast" barrels. There...I fhuqking said it. What there IS,are barrels of greatly varying internal dimensioning,that make different amounts of pressure(speed),at a given powder charge.

Now if you are FORCED by some cruel twist of fate,to suffer some off the shelf Fodder,then yes of COURSE,not all barrels are the same(or close). A typical OEM spout,will be both generous in chamber dimensions,throat dimensions AND bore dimensions,so expanding gasses will simply route the path of least reistance and "grant" the least velocity. This of course assuming jacketed boolits and not Cave Man speeds,with soft cast obturations...where the differences unhinge in their lineal extrapolations. Hint.

To hedge a bet in the Suffering Factory Fodder World,it may be prudent to minimize said tolerances,so as to eek the "free" speed. Long story short,a tighter gas seal,will lend more momentum to the projectile(ANY projectile).

Now rest ASSURED,that I getta great big kick outta Texans and their innate Dumbfhuqkery,but they've done flown the coop on this correlation of "experience","knowledge" and "results".

These poor,poor STUPID fhuqks and their relentless Imaginations and Pretend. WOW!!!

Did some STUPID fhuqking Texan TRY to equate a velocity loss,as reflected by twist rate? Re-WOW!!!. A gain twist would tip her plum offa her high heels in Anticipation. Laffin'! Then add muzzle constriction to the equation and she'd be touting the "virtues" of a Light Saber. I'm cryin'!!!!!!!

Now as per your 7-08 to 7-08AI transformation,you've TOTALLY erased the OWM gas seal and replaced it with Custom. If I EVER had an OEM spout,that made more velocity(pressure) than a Custom,I'd be looking to kick someone's ass,because they dropped ALL the balls. The bore would be SUSPECT in it's dimensioning,post haste(and I mean a FHUQK of a lot quicker than that). The chamber dimensions would HAVE to been crafted in clay and the throat a gawwwdamned fhuqking polevault,even in Linda Lovelace's head. HINT.

So what you received,is that which IS expected...a better gas seal(amongst other obvious attributes).

Laffin'!

GOOD talk.

Larry,

Agreed on all points - it wasn't a surprise to me....

David

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Laffin'!

GOOD talk.

I see your a easily amused naysayer, some people are enjoying this post and they have respect to the posters location and simple question, thanks for your input

Last edited by nimrodtracy; 09/02/15.

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by nimrodtracy

Laffin'!

GOOD talk.

I see your a easley amused naysayer, some people are enjoying this post and they have respect to the posters location and simple question, thanks for your input

Cheer up...some folks can even spell "easily",but you ain't one of 'em.

GREAT time to shut the fhuqk up,take notes and apply same.

Hint.

Thank me later.

Laughing!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Got to wonder where all the trolls and gramer natzi come from when a guys is trying to get some info? I guess just another easily self amused dumbass naysayer.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I am talking about custom barrels......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, up to this point, it's safe to say that there isn't any such thing as a "fast barrel" by any maker, at least not deliberately.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RDFinn
So, up to this point, it's safe to say that there isn't any such thing as a "fast barrel" by any maker, at least not deliberately.

There are makers that have a reputation for having faster barrels like the Broughton 5c and Lilja and could be more as to why I did this post

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (06hunter59, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugeman, 56 invisible), 3,116 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,672
Posts18,534,185
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.