Pataki 0

Trump +14

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RobJordan

...It's really wearing thin.

Yes it is !

And WTF is going on with Trump and Ted Cruz ?

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you know you have the party by the balls when the Republican National Committee chairman comes to your business to make his public address

----------
At 2 p.m. Thursday, the Trump show will resume its regularly scheduled programming, with a special guest star: Reince Priebus, the Republican National Committee chairman, at Trump Tower in Manhattan.

According to Donald J. Trump‘s official schedule, he is holding a news conference at that time. The advisory makes no mention of Mr. Priebus, but a spokesman for Mr. Trump confirmed that a meeting between them is scheduled for Thursday.

All of this togetherness, on Mr. Trump’s terms, at his office tower, with his name on the front in gold, comes after Mr. Priebus abruptly asked all 17 presidential candidates in the Republican nominating contest to sign a loyalty pledge against running as a third-party candidate.

The pledge seems to be aimed directly at Mr. Trump, since no other candidate has left open, at least in previous comments, the possibility of such a run. And that threat, by a rich candidate, has sent a jolt of fear through the Republican establishment over splitting votes and potentially tipping the election to Democrats. Mr. Priebus has been under enormous pressure to try to rein in Mr. Trump.

But reining him in is more easy in theory than in fact. And the fact that whatever announcement will take place on Thursday is being done on Mr. Trump’s turf merely emphasizes how much he is dictating the terms of the primary.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a feeling Trump is going to eventually be requiring Priebus to sign a loyalty statement! smile

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by KFWA
you know you have the party by the balls when the Republican National Committee chairman comes to your business to make his public address

----------
At 2 p.m. Thursday, the Trump show will resume its regularly scheduled programming, with a special guest star: Reince Priebus, the Republican National Committee chairman, at Trump Tower in Manhattan.

According to Donald J. Trump‘s official schedule, he is holding a news conference at that time. The advisory makes no mention of Mr. Priebus, but a spokesman for Mr. Trump confirmed that a meeting between them is scheduled for Thursday.

All of this togetherness, on Mr. Trump’s terms, at his office tower, with his name on the front in gold, comes after Mr. Priebus abruptly asked all 17 presidential candidates in the Republican nominating contest to sign a loyalty pledge against running as a third-party candidate.

The pledge seems to be aimed directly at Mr. Trump, since no other candidate has left open, at least in previous comments, the possibility of such a run. And that threat, by a rich candidate, has sent a jolt of fear through the Republican establishment over splitting votes and potentially tipping the election to Democrats. Mr. Priebus has been under enormous pressure to try to rein in Mr. Trump.

But reining him in is more easy in theory than in fact. And the fact that whatever announcement will take place on Thursday is being done on Mr. Trump’s turf merely emphasizes how much he is dictating the terms of the primary.

You smell that?

Fear.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA

----------

I can imagine Trump laughing right in Priebus's face, wadding up his "pledge" piece of paper and bouncing it right off of Priebus's forehead, right before Trump has him ushered out of the building.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Trump will sign it on his terms and rise in the polls.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by stxhunter

That's my guess.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
A close associate tells POLITICO that Donald Trump plans to sign a loyalty pledge Thursday that would bind him to endorse the Republican nominee, and would preclude a third-party run. Trump made the stunning decision, which he has long resisted, to avoid complications in getting listed on primary ballots, and to take away an attack line in the next debate, the associate said.

Trump, who has led the GOP field in poll after poll, has long viewed the threat of a third-party candidacy as priceless leverage – and even used that word when he refused to take such a pledge in the first debate, on Aug. 6.

So his decision to give it up is a sign that he increasingly wants to show his campaign is real and not a stunt. The colorful magnate is also trying to make that point by adding staff in key states, issuing position papers, and pursuing access to primary ballots throughout the country.

Trump is certainly unpredictable, and campaign manager Corey Lewandowski would not confirm the plan. “I don’t think you can ‘expect’ ANYTHING from Mr. Trump,” Lewandowski said in a phone interview.
[...]
“The rationale is that they have treated him fairly,” the associate said, echoing the criterion Trump has long given for taking a party pledge. “He’s willing to sign it to avert any problems with is state filings – South Carolina asked for a pledge to support the nominee if you’re on the ballot.
“He’s been treated fairly, like any candidate. ... And it takes away a line of attack for debates.”
[…]
The meeting has been delicately choreographed. The RNC waited to circulate the pledge until it looked like Trump was on board, and Priebus would not go to Trump’s turf if he thought there was a chance he could be embarrassed.

A top Republican source further explained Trump’s logic: He thinks he could very well be the nominee. And with the pledge in place, the other candidates would have to support him.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/trump-will-sign-gop-loyalty-pledge-213302#ixzz3kgitC3rt

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
lets say Trump signs the pledge and then the GOP starts marginalizing him in ways they are very accomplished at doing.

Trump would go 3rd party in a heartbeat just to screw them over.

The GOP better play it straight with him.

Last edited by KFWA; 09/03/15.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Getting a trump hat on order, and will use it to hunt in this fall. Make for some pretty good kill photos.

http://shop.donaldjtrump.com/product-p/dtc-odtrh-rd.htm

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I've worn my Trump shirt for three days in a row now.

It draws a lot of comments. And not because of the smell.

Travis

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Ordered. Hope it makes it by the rut.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think I'm gonna have some Trump shirts made up with that pic of him in a popo uniform, ridin' Cecil and totin' the Confederate flag. It will be a nice ice breaker for conversations at the Walmart store.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
My "Go Back to Univision" bumper stickers should be arriving soon.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't help but wonder if Trump is going to face the same thing Romney faced.

Romney started out as the presumptive nominee, much like Jeb was for this race

However Trump came in and just manhandled the field.

But Romney had to deal with Perry, Cain, Gingrich, Bach, Santorum - all were flavors of the month, got their moment in the sun, forced Romney to spend a boat load of money but they faded and Romney persevered.

So its still early, but maybe Jeb has peaked and is fading, Ben Carson is rising, Cruz is waiting in the wings to make his move and Christie and Rand are searching under the couch cushions trying to scrape up enough change to make their run against him.

Romney's challenge was to stay in the press. Trump doesn't have that problem, his problem is staying in your face without turning people off.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Last poll (last night) I saw, 15% of the voting public had a favorable view of Trump and 82% had an unfavorable view of him.

He has a long way to rise. Ever hear of someone winning the Whitehouse with 15% of the vote? I haven't either.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
EE, that is brilliant, I will take 6 please.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by lvmiker
EE, that is brilliant, I will take 6 please.

mike r

lol Trucker hat with "TRUMP" superimposed over the Confederate flag.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RickyD
Last poll (last night) I saw, 15% of the voting public had a favorable view of Trump and 82% had an unfavorable view of him.

He has a long way to rise. Ever hear of someone winning the Whitehouse with 15% of the vote? I haven't either.
was that a poll in hong kong, all the i=ones i've paint a different pic.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

138 members (6MMWASP, 673, 79S, 260Remguy, 7mm_Loco, 24 invisible), 1,060 guests, and 1,054 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,206
Posts18,524,243
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.