Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On the surface it looks like a hate crime.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
not far from me. West & Telge is a fairly nice neighborhood.

RIP officer. Prayers sent from here.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RIP Brother. I hope the shooter dies horribly.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I caught in on the blaze. The article said the suspect was a male with a dark complexion. Kinda surprised they said that much.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It's been started for awhile. If anyone doesn't believe this is an outright war, then they haven't been paying attention.

A Texas county sheriff’s deputy was shot and killed while filling up his patrol car at a suburban Houston gas station on Friday night.

Harris County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Ryan Sullivan says the deputy was pumping gas into his vehicle when a man approached him from behind and fired multiple shot. Fox affiliate KRIV reports the deputy was shot once in the head and three times in the back.

Sheriff Ron Hickman identified the deputy as Deputy Darren Goforth. Goforth was a 10-year veteran of the force.

“This was an unprovoked attack,” Hickman said. “Deputy Goforth left behind a wife and two children. Please continue to pray during this difficult time.”

Police said they have a description of the “dark-complected male” suspect, who was driving a read of maroon Ford Ranger truck, and have begun an intensive search.

“Tonight we lost one of our brothers,” the Harris County Sheriff’s Office tweeted out late Friday. “This is an extremely difficult time right now for the Harris County Sheriff’s Office.”

Texas Gov. Greg Abbot also offered his condolences in a tweet.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
it does seem like it is open season on LEO these days.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mac84
I caught in on the blaze. The article said the suspect was a male with a dark complexion. Kinda surprised they said that much.

It's not PC to mention the perps color! But I'm betting that he was one of Obama's Sons.

Hope the Houston PD or Harris County SO puts this POS down and saves the State of TX a whole lot of money! mad

Prayers for the Murdered Officers Family!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Prayers for a fallen brother and his family. DAMN! I am sick of this.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
This is a result of the liberal mindset of social justice, victimhood, and especially this administration's alliance with scum like sharpton and tacit approval of groups like black lives matter. I have come to realize that we are at a very late stage in the total breakdown in civil morality, and I am literally on my knees before God in anguish more and more these days.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
it does seem like it is open season on LEO these days.

LEO lives don't matter these days. smirk

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Deputy killed in Houston ambush shot 15 times, suspect held without bond

HOUSTON — A man charged with killing a suburban Houston officer first shot the 10-year veteran in the back of the head and fired a total of 15 times, authorities said Monday.

Shannon J. Miles, who is charged with capital murder, appeared briefly in state District Court in handcuffs and shackles. The 30-year-old Houston resident said very little, other than to answer the judge’s questions. He is being held without bond and has two court-appointed attorneys; neither was at the courthouse.

Harris County District Attorney Devon Anderson would not comment on a motive to reporters.

Anderson read the probable cause statement in court, saying that police first received a call at 8:20 p.m. Friday. When authorities arrived at the gas station in the Houston suburb of Cypress, they found Deputy Darren Goforth, a 10-year-veteran of the force, face-down. He was already dead, she said.

Surveillance video from the gas station shows that Goforth, 47, had just come out of a convenience store after he had pumped gas and that Miles got out of his red truck, she said.

“He runs up behind Deputy Goforth and puts the gun to the back of his head and shoots. Deputy Goforth hits the ground and then he continues to unload his gun, shooting repeatedly into the back of Deputy Goforth,” Anderson said.

Goforth was shot 15 times and a witness saw the shooting, Anderson said. She added that the shell casings match the .40-caliber Smith and Wesson handgun found at Miles’ home.

Harris County Sheriff Ron Hickman said Saturday that the attack was “clearly unprovoked,” and there is no evidence that Goforth knew Miles. “Our assumption is that he (Goforth) was a target because he wore a uniform,” the sheriff said.

The killing evoked strong emotions in the area’s law enforcement community, with Hickman linking it to heightened tension over the treatment of African-Americans by police. Goforth was white and Miles is black.

The nationwide “Black Lives Matter” movement that formed last year after 18-year-old Michael Brown was shot and killed by a white police officer in Ferguson, Missouri, has sought sweeping reforms of policing. Related protests erupted in Texas recently after a 28-year-old Sandra Bland, a black woman, was found dead in a county jail about 50 miles northwest of Houston three days after she was arrested on traffic violation.

“We’ve heard Black Lives Matter, All Lives Matter. Well, cops’ lives matter, too,” Hickman said Saturday.

Miles’ criminal record begins in 2005, when he was convicted of criminal mischief, giving false information to police and resisting arrest, according to records. In 2006, he was convicted of disorderly conduct with a firearm and sentenced to a maximum of 15 days in jail. He was convicted of evading arrest in 2007, and his most recent conviction came in 2009 for again resisting arrest. Records show he was sentenced to several short stints in jail, anywhere from 10 to six days.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I'll be happy to take a few days off and drive down there to return the favor for that rat's deek.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
More civil unrest due to the Chief's nationwide pot stirring I'd guess.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Ted Cruz: Houston Murder is a Manifestation of Obama’s Assault on Police

Cruz told reporters in New Hampshire today that President Obama‘s rhetoric was to blame for the murder of Sheriff Deputy Darren Goforth this weekend. Cruz said at a town hall that Obama has created a climate that encourages the “vilification” of law enforcement, and that the murder was a result of this “assault.”

“I do think we’re seeing the manifestation of the rhetoric and vilification of law enforcement,” Cruz said, “and it’s coming from senior officials.”

Shannon Miles was arrested this weekend under suspicion of ambushing and killing Goforth, and the current assumption from Sheriff Ron Hickman is that the death was a result of the “dangerous” anti-cop sentiment sweeping the nation. Cruz tied this to Obama by saying that his condemnations of the events seen in Ferguson and Baltimore were adding fuel to the fire.

“I’m proud to stand with law enforcement,” Cruz said. “We need a president who doesn’t attack and vilify them, and who doesn’t seek to tear us apart along racial lines, to inflame racial divisions.”

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
“I’m proud to stand with law enforcement,” Cruz said. “We need a president who doesn’t attack and vilify them, and who doesn’t seek to tear us apart along racial lines, to inflame racial divisions.”

Sure be a change from what we have now.

That's why Cruz is my pick of the litter.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cruz has the courage to call things as they are. Just ask Bohnheadior and McGrovvel. smirk

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
God bless and keep Ted Cruz

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is this not a White hate crime

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (1234, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 54 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,378
Posts18,488,532
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.