Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
RJM Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
http://news.yahoo.com/police-fire-84-shots-man-233124390.html

..so much for 9mm being accurate, effective and easy to shoot well. That said one to the calf did bring the guy down.

Last edited by RJM; 09/06/15.

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RJM

..so much for 9mm being accurate, effective and easy to shoot well. That said one to the calf did bring the guy down.
Glocks are fine weapons as they normally come from the factory, but NYPD orders them with extra heavy trigger pulls. Their hit ratio is little wonder when you add that factor into the equation.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Training is a lot of it

It's been quite a while but I remember the average rounds fired during the academy for NYPD was something like 150-200

I have a G22 with a NY+ trigger in it and it isn't tough to shoot accurately at all

Last edited by gitem_12; 09/06/15.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Training, training......

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Yeah, and I'm sure the average NYPD cop is an avid shooter/hunter........bawhwhwhwhwhwaah

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Bill Allard and jim Cirillo were both NYPD officers and they were holly terror in a gunfight.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bill and Jim were extremely aberrational for NYPD. We always said it was easy to tell if a guy got shot by NYPD.....powder burns....

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
R
RJM Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by RJM

Glocks are fine weapons as they normally come from the factory, but NYPD orders them with extra heavy trigger pulls. Their hit ratio is little wonder when you add that factor into the equation.

The NY Tigger excuse just don't cut it... Dallas PD only had DA revolvers and semi-autos that triggers pulls were all longer and harder than a NY Glock but yet we managed a 85+% hit rate. And least you think all people from Texas were natural shooters 80% of the officers hired were from states other than Texas...

It all comes down to training and attitude...Bob

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Bill and Jim were extremely aberrational for NYPD.

They were excellent for any location. Bill never missed a shot in a gun fight, that is remarkable.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jwp475

Bill Allard and jim Cirillo were both NYPD officers and they were holly terror in a gunfight.
Werent they members of an elite team?

I used to train with a New York City transit cop, and he told me that they had a policy of encouraging frequent training, even providing unlimited practice ammo, and their hit to miss ratio in gun fights was far superior to that of regular NYPD.

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I believe they were members of the "Stakeout" squad. Supposedly hand-picked because of their ability to shoot well, fast, and accurately. Perhaps, they worked under a more progressive Chief. Progressive isn't a bad word when it comes to changing dogma concerning upgrading tactics.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Just read an article that stated an average CCWER who practices twice a year has more range time than the average NYPD cop

It also goes on to say how the Nypd Policy is to minimize firearms traing, with the belief that more firearms training will cause the officers to make the choice to utilize their firearms on duty more often

http://m.animalnewyork.com/2015/i-u...simulator-and-learned-i-should-be-a-cop/

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Just read an article that stated an average CCWER who practices twice a year has more range time than the average NYPD cop

It also goes on to say how the Nypd Policy is to minimize firearms traing, with the belief that more firearms training will cause the officers to make the choice to utilize their firearms on duty more often

That's brilliant, ain't it?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
They should probably come up with a way to lock the magazine in place. You only have one magazine, and that can't be removed from the weapon. Additionally, 1/2 dozen blanks are scattered randomly in the magazine.

That might help them even more.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Before moving to Florida thirteen years ago, I was a Long Islander. Around qualifications time every year, the outdoor handgun range where I did much of my shooting would become rich with NYPD cops trying to prepare. They were generally awful shots with their service weapons, and had little interest in firearms. In fact, the NYPD psych evaluators would eliminate anyone from the applicant list who revealed an interest in firearms or hunting.

I remember one such cop at the range shooting next to me who said the reason my groups were a small fraction the size of his was that he was required to use a double action only S&W Model 59 (a permitted alternative to a Glock), and I was shooting a 1911, which has a "hair trigger." I asked to shoot his gun and produced a group half his size, while shooting twice as fast as he was. The guy's jaw dropped.

If you like to shoot, you get good. Otherwise, not so much.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I used to shoot at a range and one guy would come and he would always have a mountain of .45 Gold Dots he would shoot. One day just making conversation I asked him if he had a magic well he pulled all those Gold Dots out of. Told me he was a cop (for a large city near me) and the Dept gave every officer X number of rounds to practice on their own with. Said most of the other officers weren't "Gun Guys" so they gave their ammo to him. I was stunned he openly admitted that.

R
RJM Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
If that is true NYPD should go back to revolvers...the people and their property would be much safer...

But NYPD isn't alone...for whatever reason it seems that those who make it to the top regardless of department have anti-gunfigher attitudes... They are more interested in politics and keeping their position than keeping their men alive...

We had the same problem in Dallas. Back before I joined the department a robbery squad was formed after several clerks at Stop&Robs were murdered. The squad was REAL effective killing a bunch of bad guns in just a few months...and robberies went down 75%...so what did the powers that be do...peed their panties and disbanded the squad...shortly robberies were back up again... They had another squad that were doing street robberies while I was there. They killed several the first two weekends and the squad was shut down...just too effective for pantie wearers...

Bob

R
RJM Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by k20350
I used to shoot at a range and one guy would come and he would always have a mountain of .45 Gold Dots he would shoot. One day just making conversation I asked him if he had a magic well he pulled all those Gold Dots out of. Told me he was a cop (for a large city near me) and the Dept gave every officer X number of rounds to practice on their own with. Said most of the other officers weren't "Gun Guys" so they gave their ammo to him. I was stunned he openly admitted that.

..yep...give them back the empties to be turned back in and all is right with the world...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
To be fair, other reports indicate both the perp and officers were mobile throughout most of the gunfight.

Running targets aren't exactly easy to connect with.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Does the words "Spray and Pray" ring a bell? I think Jeff Cooper is spinning in his grave muttering something like I told you so...

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,661 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,716
Posts18,514,139
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.